It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to recognize the spirit of God.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

You Said here you don't believe in the Christian God, that is fine. The Christian God can only be found in the Christian Bible.

Actually there are quite a few gods in the bible... including man

Perhaps you believe in Horus... Anubis.. or Zeus (choose one, it makes no difference to me cause I believe in the Christian God. The one that taught these words: )

interesting that you quote Paul yet stand against him in your other threads... think about that one

What I establish here however, is simply a divide of discernment. You have your beliefs which has nothing to do with Christianity and I accept that. But I hope you know that us "Christians" (i just dont like labels period; which is why I write that in between quotes) gave you the warning that if you get it wrong there are consequences. Even ridicule has its consequences, because of the stress.

I've been hearing this shtick all my life... no need for warnings, deal with your own misconceptions of what or who God is... Yes his words are found in the bible... Yet you quote Paul as IF his words mean anything to me.

But when you pass to the afterlife and you're there and Jesus is in front of you, you really have no excuse cause you turned Salvation away.

Saved by his blood... right

I follow his words... and his Father... though i gladly admit i am not perfect...

And by the way, HE is not the Christian God... For he is Greater then all

However if you do believe in "do as thou wilt" instead of the commandments of Jesus, then:

this is the god(dess) you believe in.

Crowley is no one, and his teaching is useless, unless one is looking for power over others...

because she simply matches the idea that people can do what they want and not suffer consequences for it. (And that is certainly a lie. But What do I know?)

At least you understand that...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

The problem with Paul is that he got SOME things right, but mixed it with others that were wrong. There is a reason why he passed as part of the bible. Both scriptures were obviously pauls, but notice how in the other thread two paragraphs contradict one another.

The contradiction is as follows:
There is no law but... wait, yes there is a law.

The above is the contradiction ^
I pointed out the duality / contradictions, so in order to solve that dilemma I pointed out the contradictions. That is why I posted them both. I'll post them again:

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

The Law and Sin

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Fulfilling the Law Through Love

Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Rom 13:11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
Rom 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
Rom 13:13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
Rom 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Do you see the contradiction? That is why I pointed to Jesus for Clarification. What Paul used was a HALF-truth.
edit on th2017000000Tuesdayth000000Tue, 28 Feb 2017 17:42:42 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoTue, 28 Feb 2017 17:42:42 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

I can't deny that he got a few things correct... but truth mixed with falsehoods is not truth

His stance on love is unsurpassed in any book of the bible... none the less, i do not trust Pauls writing

He had his own agenda... and i believe it was to gather his own followers, which is exactly what he got

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I can't deny that he got a few things correct... but truth mixed with falsehoods is not truth

You are correct, technically, but if you like solving puzzles like me, you take what is true, and put it together like a jigsaw puzzle.

Though it can be annoying.

He had his own agenda... and i believe it was to gather his own followers, which is exactly what he got

That is an interesting thought. It did work, because many Christians ended up trusting in him more than Jesus, even though they claim to believe in Jesus and not his actual words. This is what I find puzzling. The contradictions. But I am still researching more on this myself. But so far I have been finding disturbing things and I am wondering if should continue, because I may end up finding something i do not wish to find. Though... somehow... I probably already saw and I am in denial. (Speaking mostly about seeing an actual demon.)

Im gonna say something else (though slightly off topic.) The whole alien thread has me spooked for some reason. I know they aren't aliens. They are demons and lately there has been alot of sightings. It is becoming the norm.

If you read my past thread on the Illuminati cards, I believe there may be a false flag under way:

Either way... interesting times. But one thing I can say for sure, we Need God. because we cannot fight the real enemy as we are.
edit on th2017000000Tuesdayth000000Tue, 28 Feb 2017 17:59:16 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoTue, 28 Feb 2017 17:59:16 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Jeremiah 17:5-10, 13-16 (NW, but ASV, Darby and YLT all use the same name and spelling):

5 This is what Jehovah says:

“Cursed is the man* who puts his trust in mere humans, [*: Or “strong man.”]

Who relies on human power,* [Lit., “makes flesh his arm.”]

And whose heart turns away from Jehovah.

6 He will become like a solitary tree in the desert.

He will not see when good comes,

But he will reside in parched places in the wilderness,

In a salt land where no one can live.

7 Blessed is the man* who puts his trust in Jehovah, [*: Or “strong man.”]

Whose confidence is in Jehovah.

8 He will become like a tree planted by the waters,

That sends out its roots to the stream.

He will not notice when heat comes,

But his leaves will always flourish.

And in the year of drought he will not be anxious,

Nor will he quit producing fruit.

9 The heart is more treacherous* [Or “deceitful.”] than anything else and is desperate.* [Or possibly, “incurable.”]

Who can know it?

10 I, Jehovah, am searching the heart,

Examining the innermost thoughts,* [Or “deepest emotions.” Lit., “kidneys.”]

To give to each one according to his ways,

According to the fruitage of his works.

13 O Jehovah, the hope of Israel,

All those who abandon you will be put to shame.

Those apostatizing from you* will be written in the dust, [Lit., “from me,” apparently referring to Jehovah.]

Because they have abandoned Jehovah, the source of living water.

14 Heal me, O Jehovah, and I will be healed.

Save me, and I will be saved,

For you are the object of my praise.

15 Look! There are those saying to me:

“Where is the word of Jehovah?

Let it come, please!”

16 But as for me, I did not run away from following you as a shepherd,

Nor did I long for the day of disaster.

You well know everything my lips have spoken;

It all took place before your face!

Question for all those claiming to have God's holy spirit or active force operating in their lives:

Is Jehovah your shepherd as well? Then go ahead, repeat Psalm 23:1 in an honest translation of the bible and denounce all dishonest bible translations that say "the LORD" or more deceptively "the Lord" there (to demonstrate the motto of the Feyenoord football club, "Geen woorden maar daden!", "No words, but deeds!"). See comment and song on the previous page for quotations of Psalm 23 and don't overlook me bolding "his works" above which relates to that motto again and what behaviour and actions I'm referring to with the verb "denounce", not just in word, but in deed(s). For example, one could switch the bible translation that they're using (if they're using one or if they have one or more in their possession) to one that does use Jehovah's name in approx. 7000 places where it is found in the oldest manuscripts or fragments of the septuagint for example that provide evidence for the rendering of "Jehovah" in English translations of the Christian Greek Scriptures* as well. (*: a.k.a. "the New Testament", which ASV, Darby and YLT don't do allowing for or connected with yet another cop-out excuse made by some, see video "you can't use his name" on page 7)

Note the commentary of the NIV translator regarding Psalms 23:1 after 9 minutes (you may want to see the preceding minute regarding the shortened version of Jehovah, Jah, as well). A comment that demonstrates his behaviour and spirit/attitude regarding this subject (and of the translators of the NIV he's speaking for):
JW ARCHIVES DIVINE NAME JHWH YHWH JEHOVAH NWT NIV COMPARE
And the bible's and Jesus' description of this behaviour in the next video in that playlist.
edit on 1-4-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Eh, whereislogic.Are you asking me who is the Shepard?

edit on 4-4-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: Grammarx2,spacing,lol

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
nm
edit on 4-4-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer
nm

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

nm

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

It was more of an "if" scenario.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic
Alright.I seen your post there and wasn't sure if that was a rhetorical question or not.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

Not sure myself, I intended it as a question to encourage self-reflection for those described above the question or who think that way about themselves (it's not so much about the "claim", probably should have used another word there but it takes so long to describe "think that way about themselves" and fit it into that sentence). Not sure if that counts as rhetorical.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
-
edit on 5-4-2017 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=21742048]DeathSlayer[/post

Hi DeathSlayer

I think of this Scripture often as an anchor for those who have visions and angelic encounters. Scripture warns us that satan can come and appear to us as an angel of light.

These deceptive angels appeared to Joseph Smith who founded mormanism and Mohammad who founded islam. If they had known the word and this particular verse about testing the spirit, I wonder if the out come would have been different.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
As it is written,

"As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit, who is on you, will not depart from you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will always be on your lips, on the lips of your children and on the lips of their descendants--from this time on and forever," says the LORD.

This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,
and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming, and is already in the world at this time.

If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

God "will repay each person according to what they have done."

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Da spirit of god is in you mon. You must decide what dat god is, what belief. You all confused you need to decide no one decide for you ok.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Are you a child of God and is his spirit inside you?

The spirit of God is everywhere, is in everything, in the good and even in the evil, there is no devil, no angels no demons, only a dualistic God

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: galien8

The spirit of God is everywhere, is in everything, in the good and even in the evil, there is no devil, no angels no demons, only a dualistic God

Okay, I am interested.........

How do you come to this conclusion? And are you talking from within the framework of Christianity?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: galien8

Okay, I am interested.........

How do you come to this conclusion? And are you talking from within the framework of Christianity?

From Yin / Yang concept of Taoism, from there (extrapolated) it can all be derived

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: galien8

Ahh, Eastern philosophy. I was wondering where you were coming from.

You believe in the principle of a balanced universe then.

Christianity and the OP believes in dark and light, just like Yin and Yang. The key difference is that the belief is that both sides are at war for dominance over humanity.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join