It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do some ATS members have 20Million + stars on 15,000 posts?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Look how many stars you got......

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Dinnedwiththedevil

Sounds like you are new here,you get nothing for points,in old days they had a few incentives for points,some took them some didn't,so if your looking for a site that gives away free T shirts or hats,best be looking elsewhere,looks like you just joined and whining already,come here for information

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Its pretty self explanatory really.

Stars: Given for posts which a member finds to have merit of some sort.

Flags: Given for threads which a member finds to have merit of some sort.

After that, things do get decidedly strange admittedly.

Way Above Top Secret Score, or WATS: Essentially this is ones posts, plus ones flags and stars, with a bit of mathematical jiggery pokery to establish the quality of contribution relative to the scale of contribution. This is not to be confused with the nearly impenetrable logic which is used to establish...

Karma: This is a value derived from ones stars, plus flags and applause, divided by the number of posts one has made, with again, strange modifiers that I do not understand entirely.

Basically, what you need to pay attention to is your post count, relative to your star count, and your flag count relative to your thread count. The other stuff works itself out in the wash.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Perhaps self explanatory but, you did a good job explaining it, IMO.

I was fortunate enough to have stumbled upon a thread many moons ago that explained the mathematics involved and although the formulas flew over my head like a jet I was able to get the gist of it.

Basically, it makes little sense to me. I try to remember being a newer member and the site seeming large and confusing and the task of finding information particular to a subject to be a little daunting.

I have read some very well thought out responses that received few accolades that, I suppose, they may have not fit in with the majority of views and opinions held by the regular membership. I don't pay much attention to the stats as I may miss a gem of info or an interesting take on a subject if I went by stats alone as far as who I choose to follow/read.

I have had 'points' deducted in the past and saw no reflection in my stats so, I'm not really sure that that has any impact other than a hand smack.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I've been very glitchy since the day I arrived.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

That was deep and unexpected. I will contemplate your comments. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Sounds like you cant comprehend. As stated twice now in this thread I sincerely thought I was missing some amazing posts by highly intelligent people with millions of stars. This I thought was a fair balanced scheme in order to portray a persons contribution meaning for people with 4million + stars I may gravitate to what they have to say. Having read several of your post I see that its clear it can have only been a glitch I should have just read through your posts/threads first to know certain people are not high and mighty its down to a Glitch.... hope that makes you feel good, and to think it was I whom was jealous of your type hahahahah!

I come here for information and have done for many years old-timer I am also here to inform... As for the Whinging part have a look at some of your posts will you. your the biggest moaner of all. 4million stars pffft your the original half star bandit.

True Brit ended this thread on the third post by the way maybe try reading peoples work instead of judging.

That will be all.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

thank you for the relevance in what you say. you have kept this thread more on topic than me for which I am grateful.

I would say from your star to post ratio that you are one popular member and followed a great deal. I would be upset if a glitch only gave you 54,000 stars for some of the very sensible work you have contributed.

edit on 11-1-2017 by Dinnedwiththedevil because: needed to . some is and x some ts

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

xxxxxxx

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
No answer yet?

To my best recollection the changeover from the old to the new is when this started. It is a 'glitch', seems the longest term members are the ones that got zapped with all those stars.
edit on 11-1-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

What does dinned mean?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Why are you whining? I understand children,I raised 4,I stated a fact,if you want somw weird form of recognition,go on Facebook,this site was for information,if you can't handle that then keep lookig,don't blame others for your self conciousness,and vanity,not a social page,grow up you sound like you have a safety pin attached to your shirt

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

There is no game. If one judges their use of ATS by stars, they're missing the point of the site, really.

You're doing fine.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
How do some ATS members have 20Million + stars on 15,000 posts?

Because they horde them.

They need to spread the wealth around, and give to the needy.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You average 4 stars per post.

You're not needy you're greedy.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I think points totals have ceased to have any meaning in real terms, and that its been that way for some time. One is usually better off measuring ones input by cumulative inspection of stars, flags, and applause, than by looking at ones points total. I think what you said about the hand smack of a points deduction is spot on though. Since there has long since ceased to be a method for translating ones points into physical commodities or anything, the exercise has lost a certain meaning for some people.

Personally speaking, I take admonishments from staff and mods seriously, simply out of love and respect for the environment they all work to maintain. But I am also aware that in real terms, the points deduction means nothing. So, oddly enough, does the addition of points that comes with applause. Its not the points I came for, after all.

a reply to: loam

HAHAHA!

Oh wow... lost a mouthful of tea on that one!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I asked a very simple question and got a very simple reply .

I sincerely thought that a select number of stars per post would mean what the member had written was very good or was a ground breaking story. I am now informed that it was merely a Glitch meaning I learnt today that the ATS star and karma system mean's nothing.

Thanks for your 2 pennies.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Oh my your very boring,

what have you brought to the thread? You call me out acting like you know me! Then try to condescend me in front of your little fan base. I do not want a T-Shirt or a mug nor am I really after any stars. I think I must have hit a nerve with your undeserved amount of stars so you have to react like a child even though said stars are bull. I would say that for new people on here its important information and may stop them giving as much respect as they do to some of the posters. Certain people like to keep things in house I understand that but now I understand that fraud is rife within the community I certainly have a better hand of the game. Congratulations on bringing up four children. That' in its self deserves respect I simply don't understand the relevance and apologise if you feel I brought your family into all this. It was meant as a light hearted thread asking a question. Jeez!!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

A really loud meal out.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

That wasn't a swipe at you...don't take it that way, if you did.

I wondered the same thing about the glitch before I got an answer in a random post as well.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join