It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter (Theres Something Wrong With Her) Rewrites History.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
Sour Grapes is both right and wrong about Americans going there to assist the French. American forces did indeed join the French in Indochina in 1954. However... between the end of French involvement (around 1955) and the beginning of the Vietnam war (around 1963), almost a decade elapsed... so I don't know how Canadians could've gone there around 1965-66 when the French had left a decade earlier.

My eyes are starting to cross. Bed calls.

Thanks for explaining that Otts.

Nighty night everyone....Dormez bien tout le monde ! A demain (see you mananha).

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
Sour Grapes is both right and wrong about Americans going there to assist the French. American forces did indeed join the French in Indochina in 1954. However... between the end of French involvement (around 1955) and the beginning of the Vietnam war (around 1963), almost a decade elapsed... so I don't know how Canadians could've gone there around 1965-66 when the French had left a decade earlier.

My eyes are starting to cross. Bed calls.

I guess I should have used 'clean up after' rather than 'assist' (I was trying to be PC).

Vietnam was a colony of France. French had complete control of all Vietnamese government.

Ho Chi Minh starting organizing groups to go against the French government, and things started to turn very ugly. After the Vietcon drove France out of the North, they then turned their focus on the South.

The French finally decided to leave Vietnam shortly after a major defeat in Diem Bien Phu. They realized that even with American aid, the war was too expensive for France. At the Geneva conference in 1954, nine nations (including France) declared Vietnam an independent sovereign nation. Vietnam was divided along the 17th parallel of latitude. France agreed to evacuate all troops north of the line, while the Vietminh would leave the south. Elections were to be held in 1966 to unify Vietnam.

Those elections never took place. The Vietminh never actually left south Vietnam. A group of communists remained to recruit new members and cerate conflict and confusion in the south. They encouraged disobedience and assassinated civilians who refused to join them. The international control commission (composed of Canada India and Poland) could do nothing. By 1963, considerably larger numbers of Vietcong (Minh's communist soldiers/terrorists) were continuing their harassment of the south.

By 1966 French was out of Vietnam, leaving the Vietnamese to fend for themselves.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
hmm...............................................interesting.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
There's something really wrong with that woman you know.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I liked her in the past, but she does seem 'different' lately. Maybe she stopped taking her Zoloft?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
By 1966 French was out of Vietnam, leaving the Vietnamese to fend for themselves.

The source you quoted has the date wrong.
it was 1956 not 1966.

Here's a good article on it:

www.infoplease.com...
In part, the war was a legacy of France's colonial rule, which ended in 1954 with the French army's catastrophic defeat at Dienbienphu and the acceptance of the Geneva Conference agreements. Elections scheduled for 1956 in South Vietnam for the reunification of Vietnam were cancelled by President Ngo Dinh Diem. His action was denounced by Ho Chi Minh, since the Communists had expected to benefit from them. After 1956, Diem's government faced increasingly serious opposition from the Viet Cong, insurgents aided by North Vietnam. The Viet Cong became masters of the guerrilla tactics of North Vietnam's Vo Nguyen Giap. Diem's army received U.S. advice and aid, but was unable to suppress the guerrillas, who established a political organization, the National Liberation Front (NLF) in 1960.

Diem, who was backed by the US, cancelled the elections because Ho Chi Minh would have won if elections had been held.

The most compregensive site you can find on the background of the Vietnam war is linked to below:
www.mtholyoke.edu...

They have copies of the Pentagon Papers.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Her garble is almost as pleasant as the beads of sweat that roll and drip from Limbaugh's trembling jowls. All they do is spew hate and rhetoric, which is so far aside from reality that it goes beyond the definition of propoganda. Liberals hate god.. what kind of crap is that? Coporate Power in this country, the two party illusion that supports their agenda, and the media they use to manipulate us, all of it has gone way too far. Turds like Anne are merely tools to keep us arguing with one another while the powers that be rob us blind. It was really great for a while, everybody now has a tv and a microwave and 2.5 kids and cars, but now people are dying in the name of spreading the disease of capitalism. Don't get me wrong, living in the richest nation on earth has it's advantages of course, but When some fat pill popper and a tupperware touting blonde chick is on the tv telling me that any opposition to the current administration is a god hater, and when we start policing the world, bombing and invading other nations in the name of our righteousness, it's gone too far. Yes there is something wrong with her, she's a facist propogandist.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
McKeown: "No, Australia was there, not Canada."

Can somebody explain to me how Ann Coulter got her job in the first place?

Now I know some Americans are brainwashed into thinking that the USA saved the world everytime an american service men steps foot outside of the USA.
Her idoitcy is an insult to the Australians that served in Vietnam.

Then again what else can I expect after all it is the media in part that is brainwashing americans.:@

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
For you serpent despisers out there...

All quotes from Ann Coulter's "Slander":

"Liberals hate America."
"Liberals hate all religion except Islam."
"Democrats actually hate working class people."
"Liberals hate society."
"Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do."
"Democrats...will destroy anyone who stands in their way. All that matters to them is power."
"Liberals can't just come out and say they want to take more of our money, kill babies, and discriminate on the basis of race."
"Liberals seek to destroy sexual differentiation in order to destroy morality."
"Liberals are crazy."
After 9/11: "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity."

--Apparently liberals are very hateful people and conservatives such as Coulter bask in perfectness.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades
--Apparently liberals are very hateful people and conservatives such as Coulter bask in perfectness.

Exactly. Now you're catching on!

[edit on 1/29/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Ann is on the money 99% of the time...shes obviously well read, and watches politics VERY closely...I for one enjoy her work...

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
Ann is on the money 99% of the time...shes obviously well read, and watches politics VERY closely...I for one enjoy her work...

This is sarcasm, right? That women has as much hate in her as Micheal Moore. They are both on the same level and they are both the same kind of person. She is a ploitical vampire that sees with her eyes' closed. Over HALF of the crap she spouts is a bonified lie. 99% of the time? She might be wrong that much.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
She is not Micheal Moore...She has sources (I dont know if you've read her books)...Im not trying to make her out as god-like (unlike many do with mr moore)...but she deft. knows her stuff...And unlike Moore...she doesnt try to exploit people for her own agenda...Yes obviously she might be a bit extreme to sell more books...but thats another story...

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
She is not Micheal Moore...She has sources (I dont know if you've read her books)...Im not trying to make her out as god-like (unlike many do with mr moore)...but she deft. knows her stuff...And unlike Moore...she doesnt try to exploit people for her own agenda...Yes obviously she might be a bit extreme to sell more books...but thats another story...

She is EXACTLY like Micheal Moore. And she obviously does NOT know her stuff. She spouts lies and hate. A skin head does the same thing. She is not a svelt intellectual. She is a schmuck who doesnt know her arse hole from a hole in the ground. She DOES exploit people for her own agenda. To sell her biased books full of lies. Just like Micheal Moore. She is way extreme, just like Micheal Moore.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

What's wrong with mentioning Out Foxed?
They interviewed people who worked at Fox News.
Shouldn't those people know what's going on at Fox?

Most people from Fox have simply come from other networks. I believe when Out Foxed came out, they talked about coming out with things they knew about how other networks were run.

It's not hard to find disgruntled employees. The memos never really seemed damning to me. They never seemed to be very partisan.

Why is that no one points out a memo from ABC saying they should focus more on Bush's faults then Kerry's? That's a lot worse than anything from Fox News.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
its really refreshing to know that 95%+ of people who can read, KNOW that Ann C is a psychopathic bloodthirsty deathmonger
she said we should nuke them
thats saying "WE SHOULD MURDER MILLIONS FOR SAKE OF MURDER"

she is a complete psychopath
only psychopaths WANT murder of Millions "just because"

even G W BUSH is a NICE guy compared to this vampiress

THANK GOODNESS 95% of you see her for what she is
a complete utter idiot who deserves to be hit in the face with a million custard pies
and maybe some Tomatos!!
dont forget the lettuce and rotton eggs yall

i am not a conservative or a liberal
BUT the liberals are definatly more "educated" than the conservatives

Ann C makes conservatives look like Leftys anyways

she is so far to the right she fell off the scale alltogeather in the pit with Stalin and Hitler and Gengis Khan or Nero , back to the abyss that spawned them

Agian , thank all of you for reassuring me that most everyone disagrees with her hateful remarks

Ann C is a disgrace to America
she makes us look REALLY bad to everyone overseas

not to mention our own neighbors the Canadians who are great friends

anyways
Good Job guys
Keep up the Good Fight

I am thankful that ANN C isnt popularly accepted

I am bias alot yes, most of us are

but Ann C goes way way way way wayyyyyyyy tooooo far!!!!!

Plus id vote Satan in anyday before ANN C; At least satan understand patience and is willing to destroy the earth slowly and try to be subtle about his satanic agenda of destroying earth ....ANN C has no subtlety at all , she wants to destroy earth NOW and Get it over with Today!

Ann C makes me puke....anyways have a nice day

Muzzleflash

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
I swear, her and Micheal Moore should be nutered before they have kids together. What a shmo!

At least Moore speaks the truth...Coulter spouts babble. Only a matter of time before we find out the White House has her on the payroll as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yea, only conservatives would pay reporters for consulting work. Let's ignore the number of CNN reporters who worked directly with the Kerry campaign...

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Anyone who writes a slanderous book entitled Slander is just stirring the pot. The arguements I have been exposed to are connotative generalities that succeed only in contuing the misdirected conflict...........partisan issues are by definition divisive and what a divisive world we live in.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
You have to give her "props" for making a career out of lieing to people. She is an opportunist, we have the RNC which requires liar machines and she gladly has become a liar machine. Keep up the good work, Ann.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join