It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter (Theres Something Wrong With Her) Rewrites History.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
O'Reilly:
Well we don't want to shake them up into actually being honest.
We feel bad that the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation has been hi-jacked by dishonest people.

That's like the pot calling the kettle black!!!

Marsden is an idgit...who thinks Saddam was responsible for 9/11.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

As for what Marsden and O'Reilly said... it's just splitting words to look good. Canadians citizens chose to fight with the U.S. Army in Vietnam, and they're blaming Canada for not recognizing it. Well, would America recognize, for example, Americans fighting with Fidel Castro's barbudos in 1958?

If 10,000 Americans went to fight for a cause, I may not honor it, but I'd sure as hell address it. 10,000 isn't the same as a handfull. Do most people in Canada even know it happened?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I think O'Reilly has worked for both these men, in current life and in past life possibly. I'd bet on it if there were such a thing as past lives.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer

As for what Marsden and O'Reilly said... it's just splitting words to look good. Canadians citizens chose to fight with the U.S. Army in Vietnam, and they're blaming Canada for not recognizing it. Well, would America recognize, for example, Americans fighting with Fidel Castro's barbudos in 1958?

If 10,000 Americans went to fight for a cause, I may not honor it, but I'd sure as hell address it. 10,000 isn't the same as a handfull. Do most people in Canada even know it happened?

If they do then they probably don't care because the war was lost by us and was wrong in the first place. Who would want to associate their nationalism with that?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You know, it's easy to throw attacks at Fox, and O'Reilly. It's not so easy to find facts to back up those views.

The fact is, studies done by respectable organizations have found Fox's reporting to be the closest to the center of the major media organizations in America. The others were farther to the left then Fox is to the right.

Can anyone find me actual proof that Fox is some horribly biased news source? I'm already waiting to here someone mention a slanted documentary like Out Foxed.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Yup. But that was the personal choice of those men to take the oath of another country and support a cause that the people of Canada did not. They were Canadians by birth, American soldiers by choice. Canada did not send representation to Vietnam. There's a difference.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Disturbed Believer - about as many Canadians probably went down South to protest the Vietnam war. That's not spoken of either, yet those people also acted on their beliefs. It's not a question of recognizing or not recognizing people who took a stance on this, nor is it an issue of sticking our heads in the sand - it's just that this is an issue which is very emotional for Americans, and they expect Canadians to be just as emotional about it... but we're not. Vietnam is an American issue.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
That's nice. Bury part of your history because you don't like it. That always fixes everything...

If they do then they probably don't care because the war was lost by us and was wrong in the first place. Who would want to associate their nationalism with that?

Yea, tell that to the thousands upon thousands of South Vietnamese who were willing to flea the country on little boats, leaving everything they had behind to escape. Or, just talk to those living their today. They're dirt poor, and have no freedom, but there's peace, right?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Division Bell

I think O'Reilly has worked for both these men, in current life and in past life possibly. I'd bet on it if there were such a thing as past lives.

Yah...das is eine gute one! Heil Herr Au Reilly!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

You know, it's easy to throw attacks at Fox, and O'Reilly. It's not so easy to find facts to back up those views.

The fact is, studies done by respectable organizations have found Fox's reporting to be the closest to the center of the major media organizations in America. The others were farther to the left then Fox is to the right.

Can anyone find me actual proof that Fox is some horribly biased news source? I'm already waiting to here someone mention a slanted documentary like Out Foxed.

I'm hoping someone brings up those employee who were fired for not reporting a story with the lies that fox news wanted in it. They sued fox news and won, gosh......would someone please find it?

Anyways, besides a former RNC strategist running the place, it is obvious to nearly everyone how biased they are.

And, Disturbed Deliverer, when you say "slanted documentary", do you mean anything that has an opposing viewpoint to your opinion? Just a question because usually Fox News supporters say everything is biased when it doesn't encourage their mode of thinking.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Every time I see this woman quoted or admired or even given any credence, I want to laugh. This is the woman who accused her college professor of harrassing her and got him fired (he was later re-instated after going to the press with naked pictures of her she emailed him) and got arrested for stalking another man. She is a complete joke!

Marsden faces harassment charge

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Can you back that up by providing a link to those studies done by respectable organizations?

What's wrong with mentioning Out Foxed?
They interviewed people who worked at Fox News.
Shouldn't those people know what's going on at Fox?

Here's a streaming media file of Out Foxed for those who haven't seen it:
sb.20041024.rm

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Who would want to associate their nationalism with that?

U.S. went to assist France. The French left the U.S. holding the bag! So, maybe those Canadians were actually there for France. Possible?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Every time I see this woman quoted or admired or even given any credence, I want to laugh. This is the woman who accused her college professor of harrassing her and got him fired (he was later re-instated after going to the press with naked pictures of her she emailed him) and got arrested for stalking another man. She is a complete joke!

Marsden faces harassment charge

Ooh...do I detect a pattern of sexual harrassment here? Wasn't O'Reilly charged by a former producer too? Sounds like these extreme right-wingers are pretty frustrated!

Geez, maybe if these people got laid more they'd have less time to spew garbage....bwaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Can you back that up by providing a link to those studies done by respectable organizations?

Sure. Doubt it will change your mind though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1/28/05 by Seth Bullock]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
My favourite part of the whole article is way down at the bottom:

Crown counsel has requested an evaluation of her mental state.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Who would want to associate their nationalism with that?

U.S. went to assist France. The French left the U.S. holding the bag! So, maybe those Canadians were actually there for France. Possible?

I've never heard that about the Vietnam war. Could you provide documentation? And all this time I thought we were in Vietnam because of Communism. Somebody slap me! Am I dreaming? What happened to the Marxist threat? I've been listening to too much Richard Marx music, someone put me out of my misery.

Yeah, if true, that would explain the Canadian connection, good point, if true.

----I'm gonna feel like an idiot if I am wrong.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Huh?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock
Sure. Doubt it will change your mind though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The PDF linked to in that thread is down.
Any copies of that PDF located elsewhere?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Sour Grapes is both right and wrong about Americans going there to assist the French. American forces did indeed join the French in Indochina in 1954. However... between the end of French involvement (around 1955) and the beginning of the Vietnam war (around 1963), almost a decade elapsed... so I don't know how Canadians could've gone there around 1965-66 when the French had left a decade earlier.

My eyes are starting to cross. Bed calls.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join