It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read a Review of 'Shazam' (a Movie That Never Existed) - Mandela Effect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

The film starts with Sinbad (genie) in his lamp/man cave. There were purple curtains or blankets on the wall. A large round bed and a TV across from it. Sinbad saunters over, sits on the bed with two waiting female genies hanging out with him. Sinbad says, “let’s see what’s on TV” and turns it on via remote.

It zooms in as the opening credits roll on the TV. The song that played reminded me of the theme of THE ADDAMS FAMILY movie, but it wasn’t the same tune. I don’t recall hearing it on MTV or the radio, but if I heard it today, I’d know it.

Once the credits are over, the main family is moving in to a new house because the dad got a better job. The son (12ish) automatically doesn’t like his neighbor because the boy over there (7ish) sprayed him with a squirt gun and made a face. The next-door kid also played Teddy, Michelle’s friend on FULL HOUSE. The new kid (I’m going to just call him John from now on, because I don’t remember his name), is about to walk over when his little sister (7ish) says, “leave him alone. He’s just a baby.” I loved that line because she was roughly the same age and I thought it was cute.

SOURCE

I've experienced a lot of Mandela Effects, but I have no memory of the film Shazam. This is a great experience for me because I can look at this completely as an outsider. This Mandela Effect is unique to my knowledge.

We're talking about a shared memory of something that never existed.

Consider the article linked above. You have someone who remembers the film in detail with others in the comment section saying that they recall the film being exactly the same way. This case goes far beyond "faulty memory." You can't have memories of something that never existed.

Could the article linked above as well as the accompanying comments be a complete hoax? That's a real possibility. However, when I did a Google search for "Shazam Sinbad" I got about 92,800 results. Most of those results seem to deal with the related Mandela Effect. According to the man in the following video, Shazam shows up on archive.org as being a film released in 1994.

www.youtube.com...

Unfortunately, the current page that's referenced in the video above doesn't have any mention of the film.

If you want to visit the webpage, please post the following two lines into your browser's address bar as one web address.

web.archive.org... us.imdb.com...

edit on 11-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Or he's mistaken by the movie Kazaam starring Shaquille O'Neil its about a genie and from the same time period

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

It's because in the previous timeline Hillary won the election, so they had to send us all down this current one to save the Earth and all living things.
SORCE

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Or he's mistaken by the movie Kazaam starring Shaquille O'Neil its about a genie and from the same time period

You can read the plot of that film here. The plot of the film that's reported in the article linked to in the original post is very different from Kazaam.

You also have people all over the place who are swearing that the two films were different. As usual, Mandela Effect skeptics tend to ignore all testimony. If you're going to ignore the testimony, then why not just ignore the issue entirely?

I see this issue as being very similar to alien abduction stories. We've got interesting stories that sometimes seem likely to be true based on various factors, but we've got no hard evidence. If people choose to ignore the Mandela Effect or alien abduction stories I completely understand why. I can't do that because I believe neither can be proven to be false, and they usually can't be explained either.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hang on, Ive seen Shazaam, it was fecking awful.

Are you saying it doesnt exist?

EDIT: WTF!!!!!! I just watched that youtube vid
Im kinda freaking out right now, Im not tripping I genuinely remember this movie
edit on 11/1/2017 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I saw the trailer and remember thinking there no way I would ever watch a sinbad movie. I didn't watch the above video. What I remember seeing is sinbad in a colorful outfit Arabian style and he was a genie.
edit on 11-1-2017 by jlafleur02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Im kinda freaking out right now,

so am I...I could've swore Jim Nabors had died ..apparently he's still alive

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

a reply to: jlafleur02

Would both of you please take a few minutes to look at the review linked to in the original post? Does the plot in that article seem accurate to you?

My advice to both of you is to start checking other things. Here are some Mandela Effects to get you started.

100 Mandela Effect Examples - 100 Best Mandela Effect Examples - The Ultimate List - In 10 Minutes!

www.youtube.com...

Here's a Mandela Effect that floored me recently...

Marilyn Monroe was a lot thinner than I remembered her.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
IF and that's a big if, this Mandela stuff is true then I want to add my spin on the fact of why the heck did I get this timeline and not the good one? I dream of the other me in wonderful bliss, No wars, No possessions et al (Imagine) and nothing but love and joy with no illness at all,

Forget this Mandela stuff as its all just to deep and narcissistic, What is being said is that someone has changed our timeline and given us all this horse# sandwich to eat. Id rather think that it was Berinstain all along than know I had been royally stitched up.

But just incase it is true and the time traveller reads ATS can I just say cheers? Yeah! Thanks a lot.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I remember learning the word buxom in vocabulary class and the model the teacher used was Marilyn Monroe.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dinnedwiththedevil
IF and that's a big if, this Mandela stuff is true

Let's consider the definition of the Mandela Effect that I go by:

"The phenomenon where it is discovered that a global, well known fact has apparently changed for A LARGE GROUP OF PEOPLE."

That is happening. Ironically, I believe it's narcissistic to discount the Mandela Effect as not being real because scientists still have no idea how reality actually works. To assume that anyone knows how reality works strikes me as being narcissistic.

The reasons it's happening are beyond my ability to comprehend. I believe we need serious scientific research and testing on this issue. The Mandela Effect may end up fitting with quantum physics.

There is a multiverse theory that's been proposed by a famous theoretical quantum physicist that does seem to make the timeline/reality shifting explanation for the Mandela Effect seem like a possibility. If we get to the point where the theory referenced below or something like it seems like a likely explanation for reality, I believe the Mandela Effect could become a part of the study of the theory.

So, the question that’s actually on everyone’s mind: If parallel universes are not so parallel after all, will we macroscopic beings one day be able to interact with the other universes in our neighborhood?

“It’s not a part of our theory,” said Wiseman. “But, if a force does exist between parallel worlds, you can start to wonder, what if that force is not exactly how we’ve written it down. The idea of interactions with other universes is no longer pure fantasy.”

It opens up doors, so to speak.

LINK

originally posted by: AlbanArthur

I remember learning the word buxom in vocabulary class and the model the teacher used was Marilyn Monroe.

The word I kept reading concerning how people remembered her was "voluptuous." Unfortunately our testimony, our experiences, and our memories seem to mean little or nothing to Mandela Effect skeptics.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I never remembered this movie and I was babysitting alot of kids back in the mid nineties. I do remember however watching Sinbad on HBO doing comic stuff and he always wore a genie outfit when in public.

There was no Sinbad genie movie called Shazam. However, Sinbad did dress up like a genie before. A Twitter user recently discovered an old picture of Sinbad on TV with this costume. The costume jogged Sinbad's memory, and he stated that he once hosted an afternoon of Sinbad the Sailor movies on TNT. During this event, he wore a genie-like costume, which resembles the outfits the fictional Sinbad wore.

www.youtube.com...

I'm going with this guys explanation, seeing as how Sinbad himself should have remembered this movie if he had really made it.

www.snopes.com...

It also seems that the picture that made this go viral in the first place was photoshopped.

I gotta say, I have never been one to believe in the "Mandela Effect" because I know firsthand exactly how faulty the human brain is when it comes to remembering and misremembering things. Also the far edges of sanity and made up memories that the human brain will go to just to try and prove that its not wrong.
edit on 11-1-2017 by Cancerwarrior because: misspelling

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
comicbook.com...

Apparently, because of all the speculation Sinbad is going to do a genie movie now.

Apparently, these fans have been so determined to prove a negative for so long that it's frustrated Sinbad -- and after this week's story went live and thrust the "controversy" into the spotlight, he's been getting inundated with messages on Twitter. Eventually, he just figured "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em," and said he would make the movie "so we can close this chapter."

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Pinch yourself. that's reality!

Now from a perspective that all this effect does seem to come from the same sort of timeframe as CERN (there was very little on any conspiracy sites about this 3-4 years ago) I could honestly see that there is a VAUGE possibility that this effect is indeed true. I tend to believe with my eyes and when presented with facts will use them in my argument.

The Picture of the man with an iPhone at the Tyson fight. He even looks dressed from a more recent time period and has a demeanour different to the rest of the crowd.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

But again someone posted a picture of a early video camera which looked similar therefore presenting me with a fact that was a direct contradiction to what my mind wanted to believe.

I am unfortunately a narcissist by nature and can not discount this now famous theory on Mandela, however I do tend to have my opinion formed that this effect is a load of Tosh.

Some people only believe what they want and most are sheep also, add the two together and its easy to see why so many people are desperate to believe that we are in a different reality. Its almost suicidal thoughts but they do say a high percentage of people on sites like these only read for DOOM as their reality is simply to much to bare.

Get Real people!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
shazam was a Saturday morning tv show in the 70s as well, a young guy in a van with some weird lights.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hey Profusion, have you seen the new Brady bunch show? It was made after the first Brady bunch ended.

I've seen a video on YouTube about it but not on Google. It looked like a game show..

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I don't remember Katy Perry being quite so...how should I say this...well-endowed.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

This case goes far beyond "faulty memory." You can't have memories of something that never existed.

Apparently you can...

Study: Half of people "remember" events that never happened

Ever find yourself caught up in a vivid memory of an event that, you later realize with confusion, didn’t really happen the way you thought? According to new research by psychologists at the University of Warwick in the U.K., you are far from alone.

The study demonstrated that about half of individuals will come to believe a fictional event occurred if they are told about that event and then repeatedly imagine it happening.

More than 400 people participated in the study, led by professor Kimberley Wade.

The study experimented with implanting fake (but relatively harmless) memories, such as taking a childhood hot-air balloon ride, pulling a prank on a teacher, or causing trouble at a family wedding, into the minds of study participants. Researchers told them about the imaginary events as if they were real, and about 30 percent of participants appeared to “remember” it happening, even elaborating on how it occurred and describing details of what it was like. Another 23 percent showed signs of accepting the story to some degree, the researchers said.

Source

Now, the question is.. what was the basis of this study?

For me, it all but parallels what the psychology world has deemed is the cause of Mandella Effect.

The study highlights the slippery nature of human memory, and is just the latest in a growing body of research looking into how memories form and how they can be manipulated.

So, as the adage goes.. "Nothing to see here... move along" ...right?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Prankster

That's weird. I thought he'd passed many years ago.

Well good for him! Glad he's still kicking.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Mandella Effect = "I don't know what I'm talking about, so it must be someone else's fault."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join