It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama blames Jim Crow on Middle Aged White Guys

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

a reply to: Stevemagegod

Yeah I did too. You quoted it incorrectly.

How about them brown kids?

" If we decline to invest in the children of immigrants, just because they don’t look like us, we diminish the prospects of our own children – because those brown kids will represent a larger share of America’s workforce."

You doubt this?
America has always been a nation of diversity.
We are also a melting pot of cultures and races and ethnicity.
That melting blurrs the lines between races.
I see lots of beautiful brown and tan children in my city.
With one parent black and one white.
Or one Asian and one black or Asian and white...
Get it?
Yes there will be more brown children.
Maybe we'll just drop the silly skin color thing then.

He said children of immigrants. He conveniently left out the Legality of those Immigrants in his speech. And the fact that he said those brown kids will represent a larger share of America's workforce is pretty insulting.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Which American embassies are American soil.

So your exported soil to so many embassies around the world? I bet you can't tell me how long the soil was kept in quarantine before being used in a compound surrounded by a diplomatic border. (hint "diplomatic")

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I blame middle aged white guys who are too stubborn to learn something new, cannot keep up with a changing digital economy, spend their time listening to jokers like Alex Jones, Bill O'Reilly, and Sean Hannity, and have the worst case of entitlement that create the vitriol atmosphere in American politics and economics this country has ever seen.

edit on 10-1-2017 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Which American embassies are American soil.

So your exported soil to so many embassies around the world? I bet you can't tell me how long the soil was kept in quarantine before being used in a compound surrounded by a diplomatic border. (hint "diplomatic")

U.S. embassies and consulates abroad, as well as foreign embassies and consulates in the United States, have a special status. While diplomatic spaces remain the territory of the host state, an embassy or consulate represents a sovereign state.

diplomacy.state.gov...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

It was white people.
So what's your issue?
Whites enslaved Africans who were stolen from their homes under cover of darkness by cruel vicious men, beaten, starved, raped then sold into servitude, with the promise of the same for their progeny.
Or did I get history wrong?
That they were initially seen as a different species of human less than European man.
That attitudes and laws of inequality was based on it and that that attitude still resides in the hearts of some.
The point Obama was making with his statement is that we shouldn't as a people assume that just because the laws were repealed that all of a sudden everything is rainbows and unicorns for minorities. It's not. We all need to continue to work until we are all Americans and race is just like being of Irish decent or Italian and no more than that.
I know my own ideals on this matter are lofty.
My whole life have been perplexed by this whole skin color thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

How white?

Point to the guilty shades.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

What ever dude. You and I watched different speeches but hey we can offer this as proof of the Mandela ceffect

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki
Why are so many white people triggered here?

Yup
They're all triggered and the OP didn't even convey the message in the speech correctly.
They're all enraged over something that never even happened.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Grow up.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

At least 4 more years of lulz ahead.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Whites enslaved Africans who were stolen from their homes under cover of darkness by cruel vicious men, beaten, starved, raped then sold into servitude, with the promise of the same for their progeny. Or did I get history wrong?

I do believe that is wrong. Africans were sold to Americans by other Africans, then they were brought to America. They were not treated poorly on the trip, because the Americans would loose their investment if they were not able to work when they arrived. The Africans were brought into actual buildings to use as homes, free from lions attacking at night, many horrible diseases, and they actually had heat and food. Typical plantation families were greatly outnumbered by their slaves, so they dare not treat the slaves badly. The slaves could easily overpowered and killed their owners in the night. Africans loved it because it was a much better and safer life than being in Africa, and Americans had help to run the farms that provided a better standard of living for everyone. It is all about perspective. Slavery has been happening since biblical times, why is it that only the American slave owners were seen as bad? I personally wouldn't own a slave, but given the choice to live in Africa, or be a slave in paradise, I may very well sign up. If not for myself, then for the chance my children would never have to see a family member eaten by a lion.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Saw all of that, and more! he compared fighting terrorism to fighting for special interests, claimed to have created jobs, and even claimed to have stopped Iran from developing nukes. Add in, of course, the constant race-baiting and class-baiting. Not unexpected, sadly!!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Actually it was Africans who enslaved other Africans. Then Whites and Blacks (and brown in South America) bought those who were enslaved.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think I know who Crow is, but honestly I don't care enough to know, maybe I blocked it out because I don't care? I assume it has to do with racism lol typical Obama, man is obsessed with racism, like that Angela Nye on CNN, they live , breathe, dream, eat, drink, inhale and exhale racism.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

Dunno, I'm white, just passed middle aged (or perhaps a bit more). Am I wrong for thinking "get over the past." Can't we move on.

Yeah, there are those that keep dragging us back to past history. But must say Tsubaki I just want to progress. The arguments against are like an anchor.

my thoughts only,

bally

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

a reply to: neo96

What he said about Jim Crowe laws.
" For white Americans it means acknowledging that the effects of slavery and Jim crow law didn't suddenly vanish in the ‘60s; that when minority groups voice discontent, they’re not just engaging in reverse racism or practicing political correctness; that when they wage peaceful protest, they’re not demanding special treatment, but the equal treatment our founders promised."

No I stand by what I mean in my OP. He Blames White Americans and not his own party.

And they were middle aged white guys!!!!! Jesus Christ people.

You people are pathetic.

"Obama blames Jim crow on middle aged white guys." Did he single out republicans? Did he say white middle aged republicans? It doesn't matter if the parties were essentially reversed back then and partisanship doesn't matter ONE BIT, because (wait for it....):

Jim Crow WAS because of middle aged white guys, because it sure as hell wasn't blacks who enacted them!

Get your heads out of your cracks.

Hey Neo, the democratic party back then WAS MIDDLE AGED WHITE GUYS.

SMFH at you people.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki
Why are so many white people triggered here?

Because of the sheer amount of ignorance here.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
No link? no context, nothing? just a random statement and some bs opinion?

well, its talking trash on Obama, so some easy flag/star mining anyhow.

Sounds like a good opening . I remember the "piece of paper" statement . And I never forgive.
Need tissue to wipe the tears from the realization that Obama is leaving office ?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Obama blames Jim Crow on Middle Aged White Guys

I blame Obama for causing the division in this country with statements like that . It is an example of the entire 8 years as the "Great Divider" . Started with the Republican Party then expanded to an entire race
Cant wait until the piece o' crap is out of the White House. Wish he was leaving the country and leaving the US alone as well. But he will not. His hatred runs too deep

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That's my consolation prize.
I get to laugh at him.
Each day brings new entertainment.
Today should be particularly entertaining.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join