It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive US troop movement Germany

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
The FEMA camps have been built already for the round ups.

Care to detail the locations of these "FEMA camps"?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I was a Tank Crewman for eight years in the Army.

Every time I see one of these "massive troop movements" threads I have to roll my eyes a bit.

I was stationed in Germany. There is only one place in all of Germany called Hohenfels that the german government allows military maneuvers with tracked vehicles. Everyone that is stationed there has to go there to train. German army too. The only way youre going to move that many vehicles without them all breaking down on a roadmarch is via railhead.

I've been involved in many. There is not quite a butt puckering feeling like driving a 70 ton beast on a ramp up to a railcar and only seeing the sky knowing that your tracks have only a few inches of error on each side.

Massive movement of military equipment happens on a pretty regular basis. It does not mean that WWIII is imminent.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Everyone that is stationed there has to go there to train. German army too.

We have various "Truppenübungsplätze" for our troops, Hohenfels is the one for our Murican friends as the one in Haltern was the one for the Brits. The Krauts have a few more to train.

Massive movement of military equipment happens on a pretty regular basis. It does not mean that WWIII is imminent.

This is a massive movement we didn't see since the Cold War, there's nothing regular about it. I'm not saying war is imminent, but I can see the propaganda gearing up as well, hence it's perfectly understandable for me that people go out on the streets to protest against this built-up.
The "Russian Agressions" (TM) was a lie to begin with and we all know what happened after DubbyU's lies regarding WMDs in Iraq.
edit on 11-1-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

The "Russian Agressions" (TM) was a lie to begin with

How is it a lie? Current tensions with Russia began in 2014 when they annexed territory from Ukraine and broke ties with NATO. Since then they've being doing their best to destabilize the governments of the Baltic countries. They've moved nuclear capable Iskander missiles within range of these countries. Putin has threatened the use of nukes every chance he gets. And let's not forget the program that aired on Russian state television showing Russia conquering Eastern Europe.

All of that seems pretty aggressive to me.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

There was a referendum on the Crimea, only idiots and PR-management would ignore this fact. Which is precisely why I can't stand the lies.
Anyway, if you think the Crimeans are unhappy with their Ukrexit you're simply mistaken.

One Year After Russia Annexed Crimea, Locals Prefer Moscow To Kiev

Public opinion doesn't care about all that propaganda, deal with it. One of the few moments I'd agree with the masses. There's a widening gap between the europeans and their corrupt leaders in charge, just in case you didn't realize that during the recent years.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

And that referendum was held at the barrel of a gun. If everything was legitimate why did Russian troops occupy the peninsula? Why did Putin lie about sending those troops? Why did Putin lie about why those troops were there? Why did Russia lie about the actual results of the referendum? Remember it was Russia's own Human Rights Council that published a report saying that only 30% of the population voted and only 50% of that 30% voted for secession. If the referendum is so legitimate why does not even China acknowledge its validity? Why are the only countries that do accept it ones like Iran and North Korea?

And of course those polls show that people are happier under Russian rule. Yanukovych was as corrupt as they come and he gutted the national treasury for his own benefit. Plus, Ukraine's economy is in shambles thanks to the Russian perpetuated civil war.

Of course this also ignores the fact that a large number of Tatars left Crimea following the referendum. Not to mention that following the referendum Russia declared that everyone residing there automatically became Russian citizens. If a person didn't wish to become a Russian citizen they had four weeks to refuse. Those that refused then had to apply for a residency permit if they wished to remain. These permits required lots of paperwork, long lines, and such hoops as needing a mental health evaluation. How many people that opposed the referendum are actually left in Crimea?

Face it, everything about this referendum is shady and if the US tried to pull something similar you would be all over it.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

And Forbes is shady as F as well, but the polls are pretty straightforward.

We have the same debate in every Russia-related thread and I'm tired of playing your game of thrones. If you think a shady referendum justifies the built-up, I'll simply leave you to your devices now.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
The forced starvation of Ukraine by Stalin was done during peace times.

Plus the Western world wins better with "morality" on our side. Why the hell would we commit genocide on Muslims?

Total nonsense.

Whose morality, Obama's or Trump's ?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The worm is turning.....and it has passed the rubicon of its revolution.

I doubt we will see a World War in our lifetimes....there will be Wars and rumors of Wars ....but no World War IMHO.

The Global PTB are being realigned.

Progress requires hindsight....healthy progress requires accurate hindsight....our history and real-time reality have been so discombobulated by TPTB for so long that in order for Humanity to move forward we must clear the slate....which means a 360 degree powershift.These types of global power shifts happen swiftly....the bigger the iceburg the more deceptive the speed.
edit on 11-1-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

What build up? These are annual exercises. Or are you referring to the few dozen spec ops units the US sent to the Baltic states at their request? If you think these routine exercises are a threat to Russia then do you also agree that Russia moving Iskander missiles to Kaliningrad as part of "routine movements" is also a threat?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

It's an expansion of exercises combined with new deployments hence the term build-up. I've linked some articles, care to share the one you've read?
edit on 11-1-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

a reply to: midicon

The morality of the people.

It's the same reason most charity comes from the western world.

Same reason we all support democracy.

Same reason why we suffer so many freedoms and generally strive to life in a more equal and inclusive world in terms of rights.

Sane reason we banded together to destroy the Nazis.

Now clearly we have our flaws but generally our morality is a winning formula, history is full of people conquering incredible odds for freedom, liberty and life.

People fighting for those three things tend to get a following and able bodies willing and ready to fight with them.

Again, have a look at history.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Isn't it wonderful, how many dead in the Middle East over recent years, courtesy of our morality? Oh and I am sure all of those countries colonised and ruled by the moral British Empire loved us for it. Hey let's not forget the indigenous inhabitants of America, they too were given a taste of our morality.
You want to talk about the Nazi's? That was a war, fought by countries for self preservation. The American people weren't so keen to get involved back then.
Don't make me laugh about charity. Our charity come at a price.

'The morality of the people', which people would that be?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

It's an annual exercise, where the troops move in, train, and go home. A build up involves them moving in and staying.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Anything to back that up with? I keep reading they increased their presence, augmenting the air, ground and naval presence in the region and enhancing previously scheduled exercises.

If training every year, year after year, they obviously intended to stay. This whole "we keep our Nato bretheren save" angle wouldn't work with visits alone. Would it?
edit on 12-1-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

They did augment them, temporarily. Any time you have an exercise you augment the existing troops, by sending others to train with them. That's sort of the point. Atlantic Resolve is an expanded version of the old Reforger exercises held in Germany.

140th Wing returns from Atlantic Resolve 16

144th Fighter Wing returns from Atlantic Resolve

1st Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division ends 2015 European mission

There are forces that rotate through 6-7 months at a time, then return and are replaced. So yes, there are units staying, but the augmenting units are leaving after the exercises end and returning home.
edit on 1/12/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Interesting. This is what I mean:

Not only is the joint training beneficial, deploying military assets to Eastern Europe generates confidence that the United States military could feasibly be there at a moment's notice, at the defense of our allies.

(first link)

So we have exercises, deployments for confidence and the temporally augmented troops get replaced by new ones. Which renders the temporally presence regular btw, sounds like a really nice method to obfuscate a build-up.
And it's not the US alone, every little Nato member is going to send their regards, which makes it the biggest presence of Nato forces since the Cold War. Not from US forces alone, but rather alltogether.

Think we both have a point, correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Its funny how this is all happening as we transition from the Obama to the Trump administration...If it looks like war and smells like war it very well could be war. What usually happens before hostilities is that, the Diplomats all go home, Obama kicked them out....Putin kept ours by not retaliating ,which could be hostages in this scenario.vallnewspipeline.com...
In this vid we have Putin surrounding Moscow with ordinance as we speak, withdrawing ships from Syria..Is he getting ready for something?

edit on 12-1-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

The final outcome of the NATO Summit in Warsaw might expose deep differences among alliance members over measures designed to counter Russia, former CIA analyst Raymond McGovern told Sputnik.

NATO Anti-Russian Solidarity Crumbling Amid Warsaw Summit - Ex-CIA Official Read more: sputniknews.com...

There you have it, from Vlads "mouthpiece" and consortiumnews.

A declaration of war on Russia would be one on the people as well, especially here in Europe. Just remember our French lads blocking infrastructure hubs during the hot summer last year, causing chaos within days while doing so. The boiler pressure is pretty high already and we didn't even start to think about the already pissed Greeks, freezing to death (thanks to EU dictate), the Spanish Podemos or Italian 5 Star movement...
Man...really interesting times in Europe right now, the wind of change is a spanking breeze. I'm not worried, they on the other hand, better should be.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Absolutely many in Europe don't like what looks like an occupying American army on their soil 60 years after the war. With many Nazis from Paperclip organising the ensuing cold war. Stalin and the Soviet Union are long gone so what's the agenda?. As far as I am concerned Russia is not the enemy. I am sure many European countries , and many Americans are of the same opinion .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join