It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel Chiefs Presented Trump With Claims Russians Tried To Compromise Him

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The most interesting part of this story is this...

The two-page synopsis also included allegations that there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government, according to two national security officials.

Sources tell CNN that these same allegations about communications between the Trump campaign and the Russians, mentioned in classified briefings for congressional leaders last year, prompted then-Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid to send a letter to FBI Director Comey in October, in which he wrote, "It has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government -- a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States."

Apparently this information is three months old so why the big story about these so called "communications" now?

What the hell is going on? I got a feeling they are going to try to get Trump empeached over some false allegations.

I think we are in for a big $H!7 show here in the coming months.CNN

I think this video might be

edit on 1/10/2017 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jan 10 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It's not going to ever end. The only good that comes from these attempts is that it shows us exactly who needs removed from government.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
As an Ex offico of the senate intelligence committe.

Reid would have been well aware of the snip the Equation Group was doing.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
it's the old .....

multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN

again !!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I get the impression you are a Trump supporter. Clearly the guy is compromised. So is Comey, imo. The re-opening of the email investigation announcement over copies found on Weiner's laptop 10 days before the election proved that to me. I don't think the public is aware of how compromised our elected and appointed national political figures are. Think about it. Who do you want pulling the strings of our President? Putin? That should go well...

I am not saying the Clinton group is any less compromised. Just not by the biggest current threat to our sovereignty and national security.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

"It has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government -- a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States."

I forgot.

Last time Reid thought something was explosive was Romney tax returns.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

edit on 10-1-2017 by neo96 because: Russia hacked this post.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
As an Ex offico of the senate intelligence committe.

Reid would have been well aware of the snip the Equation Group was doing.

Are they the ones doing the monitoring or the hacking?

Maybe they are hired to create the setup

edit on 1/10/2017 by Alien Abduct because: Not before it was reased to Assange hehehe ^^

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see how this all plays-out.

Perhaps Trump has put himself in a position to become that which people feared of Hillary.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

They were the ones that Reid was getting reports on sitting on that committe.

The Equation Group is a highly sophisticated threat actor described by its discoverers at Kaspersky Labs as one of the most sophisticated cyber attack groups in the world and "the most advanced ... we have seen", operating alongside but always from a position of superiority with the creators of Stuxnet and Flame.[1][

They are suspected of being tied to the United States National Security Agency (NSA).[4][5] The Intercept has run a paper where they link the Equation Group to the NSA, citing the Snowden leaks.[6] By 2015, most of their targets had been in Iran, Russia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, Syria, and Mali.[2]

More here.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

It's probably just a continuation of the investigation of Paul Maniforts connection to Russian politicians.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Just because Trump is willing to work on peace doesn't make him a war monger.

Quite the opposite actually. I mean would you rather go to war with Russia or have sit downs? If we wanted war we would have voted Hillary.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

This goes back to October..

And this is real...

From the original MI6 agent that began doing work for the Republicans...

"Russian regime has been cultivating, supporting and assisting TRUMP for at least 5 years. Aim, endorsed by PUTIN, has been to encourage splits and divisions in western alliance."

It maintained that Trump "and his inner circle have accepted a regular flow of intelligence from the Kremlin, including on his Democratic and other political rivals."

It claimed that Russian intelligence had "compromised" Trump during his visits to Moscow and could "blackmail him."

www.motherjones.com...

The FBI, CIA and NSA knows the agent and have now confirmed some of his sources.

I speculate that the Russian source explains the following mystery man that Putin wanted the world to know was no longer talking..But who no one actually can identify..

Mystery over whether Russian diplomat really was killed hours after ambassador’s murder

metro.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

If we wanted war we would have voted Hillary.

If we wanted to continuing buying obsolete Russian nukes so they can build a newer arsenal.

We would have voted for Clinton.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

"It has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government -- a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States."

I forgot.

They did mention some damaging financial records.

Maybe they are trying to show Trump how Putin is NOT his friend.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I am going to assume this is just more propaganda.

If there was anything to this, it would have already come out. If you think they haven't already looked at every possible legal method to prevent him from being president, you're a moron.

They have nothing left, nothing concrete, all they can do is use the media to try to turn people against him.

If I'm wrong, and he is compromised by the Russians, then I'll eat my worlds. But I have a gut feeling that he's going to just try to do a good job and keep the people happy.

It's quite obvious he cares greatly about his public perception and people liking him. The only way he will get more people to like him will be by doing a good job.

We will see.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I forgot.

This is not Reid...This is the GOP heads of Senate Intelligence plus NSA, CIA, FBI et al. and evidence gathered by a well respected former MI6 agent that was originally hired to investigate his Russian ties early last year..by one of Trumps GOP competitors.

The US intelligence community knows the guy...and now has confirmed some of his evidence by tracking down his original sources.

THIS is serious...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bgrenual
I am going to assume this is just more propaganda.

Good idea...Perhaps plug your ears and close your eyes as well.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well there's a logical fallacy.
Assuming a connection between two unrelated things .

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Lying about what? Even Russia admits that they were in contact with Trump's campaign during the election.

Russia says it was in touch with Trump's campaign during election

The Russian government was in touch with members of President-elect Donald Trump's political team during the U.S. election campaign and knows most of his entourage, one of Russia's most senior diplomats told the Interfax news agency on Thursday.

It is amazing to watch Trump supporters defend every single thing he does and is accused of. There is nothing he can do wrong in their eyes which is really interesting since they all viciously attacked Clinton for everything and literally anything (which in most cases was completely right, screw her).

So Trump supporters don't actually care about corrupt politicians as long as it's their politician.

What happened folks? I thought we wanted to drain the swamp? I know I do and it was one of the few things I actually agreed with Trump on. But damn if that swamp just doesn't continue to get deeper and ever more dark.

In bed with Russia? You have got to be kidding me??!!!
edit on 10-1-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join