It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump can punish 'sanctuary cities' that protect undocumented immigrants

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
You're all the descendants of illegal immigrants. It's funny how quickly you forget who you are. #White privilege.

It wasnt Illegal then though so moot point kemosabe.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

You're all the descendants of illegal immigrants. It's funny how quickly you forget who you are. #White privilege.

a reply to: RedDragon

My CDIB states otherwise. No, we were not all exterminated.
edit on 10-1-2017 by ttropia because: Added quote

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
They are neither undocumented nor are they immigrants. Let's call them for what they are. Citizens of Mexico.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigTrumpFan
They are neither undocumented nor are they immigrants. Let's call them for what they are. Citizens of Mexico.

Ill go one further. they are peices of a ponzi scheme by Mexico.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
All these undocumented people have to do to get legal is apply for citizenship or even residency. Those without a criminal record shouldn't have a problem at all. All that trump is against is undocumented aliens, ones that do not do things legally. It is kind of expensive to get this done, the government should deal with getting this cost reduced. The biggest cost is lawyer fees, the government already has lawyers that help criminals, why can't these lawyers help the good illegal imigrants become legal so they can pay taxes and help make our society better.

This has to be fixed, there has been amnesty given many times and there haven't been many going through this and trying to get legal. Mexicans are good workers, at least the ones I know are. They should make it easier for these people to get residency. When they are working at substandard wages, they can't afford to pay big bucks for lawyers. Our system is broken, we need to fix it. Throwing piles of money at regular lawyers is not needed, free, court appointed lawyers exist and they should be able to do this. The government could also get new young lawyers to intern on stuff like this.

I'm wondering. Do you have any experience with the legal immigration process? Like have you undergone it or know someone who has gone through it? Because it certainly isn't as easy as just saying, "just apply for citizenship". You have to do things like go to the US embassy in your home country to get paperwork filed out and the whole process takes agonizingly long. And yes the government bureaucracy is running in top form in those embassies. So when you inevitably forget that one piece of paper to move your case along, you'll have to return to the embassy at a later date with it. The lawyer fees are only one awful aspect of an entirely awful task.

I agree with you though that the legal immigration process needs a serious overhaul, but I disagree with your idea of adding more lawyers to the mix. That only seems to complicate things. The process needs to be made LESS complicated, not more so.
edit on 11-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I believe there is zero chance Trump with holds funding or money from these cities. I believe it's utterly ridiculous for cities to harbor illegal fugitives and refuse to enforce the law. BUT the media and Dems will counter any attempt to correct this wrongdoing by claiming Trump is starving the children in those cities if he withholds any funding. The elderly will get their heat shut off and die. Straight from the liberal playbook.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: rickymouse
All these undocumented people have to do to get legal is apply for citizenship or even residency. Those without a criminal record shouldn't have a problem at all. All that trump is against is undocumented aliens, ones that do not do things legally. It is kind of expensive to get this done, the government should deal with getting this cost reduced. The biggest cost is lawyer fees, the government already has lawyers that help criminals, why can't these lawyers help the good illegal imigrants become legal so they can pay taxes and help make our society better.

This has to be fixed, there has been amnesty given many times and there haven't been many going through this and trying to get legal. Mexicans are good workers, at least the ones I know are. They should make it easier for these people to get residency. When they are working at substandard wages, they can't afford to pay big bucks for lawyers. Our system is broken, we need to fix it. Throwing piles of money at regular lawyers is not needed, free, court appointed lawyers exist and they should be able to do this. The government could also get new young lawyers to intern on stuff like this.

I'm wondering. Do you have any experience with the legal immigration process? Like have you undergone it or know someone who has gone through it? Because it certainly isn't as easy as just saying, "just apply for citizenship". You have to do things like go to the US embassy in your home country to get paperwork filed out and the whole process takes agonizingly long. And yes the government bureaucracy is running in top form in those embassies. So when you inevitably forget that one piece of paper to move your case along, you'll have to return to the embassy at a later date with it. The lawyer fees are only one awful aspect of an entirely awful task.

I agree with you though that the legal immigration process needs a serious overhaul, but I disagree with your idea of adding more lawyers to the mix. That only seems to complicate things. The process needs to be made LESS complicated, not more so.

Yes. My son in law is from Guatamala and he went through the process. My daughter informed me of the steps they had to go through. It wasn't the fees to the government that were bad. It was the Lawyer fees. At two hundred bucks an hour, you don't get a lot of time. My daughter did a lot of the work and they still got around eight grand into it, maybe twelve hundred in government paperwork and the rest in legal fees.

I could easily do the legal paperwork, there wasn't much to it at all. But most people wouldn't know where to start. There are only a few immigration lawyers around here but looking at all the paperwork, I feel almost any lawyer could actually do it. I have friends that are lawyers, their legal secretary does almost all of their work. Billed at the lawyer rate. But if a regular person tries to do some legal things, Judges do not want to accept them.

Lawyers do not intimidate me much, knowing some lawyers throughout my life makes me not fear lawyers one bit.. I also have known two judges pretty well over my lifetime, they are decent people if you are on the right side of the law. There are some that are bull headed and opinionated, but none of the ones I knew were like judge Judy.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah my co-worker is from China and has been telling me his immigration woes. He's been trying to get immigrated since the mid-2000's. He told me this morning he drafted a letter to Trump with his grievances with the legal immigration system and how to fix it.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
Native American had no immigration laws when Columbus arrived. There was no such thing as "illegal immigration" according to Native American's society during the time period you're referencing. It's impossible to break a law that doesn't exist. You're just completely wrong here.

Wait. There were borders, treaties and there was enforcement.

You might think otherwise in pretendland, but no.

edit on 11-1-2017 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah my co-worker is from China and has been telling me his immigration woes. He's been trying to get immigrated since the mid-2000's. He told me this morning he drafted a letter to Trump with his grievances with the legal immigration system and how to fix it.

They wouldn't even need a lawyer to handle immigration. The government could have scattered immigration agencies with online initial paperwork to fill out and apply. Then the person could go to the office, run by one lawyer with many legal assistants who are taught to do this stuff. Lawyers seem to be making this very complex so people have to go get a lawyer to do it. Our system of government is run by lawyers. They write up the rules and laws.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Say what?

Oh, sarcasm! Nyuck nyuck!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Good, I hope he does, sanctuary cities are stupid and insane. Only insane people and criminals want sanctuary cities.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

Native American had no immigration laws when Columbus arrived. There was no such thing as "illegal immigration" according to Native American's society during the time period you're referencing. It's impossible to break a law that doesn't exist. You're just completely wrong here.

YEah but there was nothing on paper and also this was before it was illegal to take land by force. So once again no breaking of any recognized laws.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

You are wrong.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: FlyingFox

YEah but there was nothing on paper and also this was before it was illegal to take land by force. So once again no breaking of any recognized laws.

I see. I guess that the Conquistadores and Cowboys didn't break any laws then.

Wow, I spelled it right the first time!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Miami-Dade has fallen into line following Trump's executive order that could defund sanctuary cities that fail to implement the law of the land.

Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Giménez has instructed county jails to comply with all federal immigration detainer requests on Thursday, only one day after President Donald Trump issued an executive order to cut federal funding from sanctuary cities.

In 2016, the county ignored approximately 100 detainer requests from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which would have cost the county about $52,000 to implement, according to the Miami Herald. According to a report from the non-partisan Center for Immigration Studies, Miami-Dade County refused to honor 771 detainer requests from January 1, 2014, to September 30, 2015. That’s at least 871 illegal aliens allowed to remain in the U.S., including 575 with criminal records.

The mayor decided it made no financial sense to risk losing $355 million in federal funding during 2017 to protect illegal aliens with criminal records. “I want to make sure we don’t put in jeopardy the millions of funds we get from the federal government for a $52,000 issue,” Giménez said. “It doesn’t mean that we’re going to be arresting more people. It doesn’t mean that we’re going to be enforcing any immigration laws,” he added. There’s an enormous amount of federal funding at stake: The largest, top-ten sanctuary cities stand to lose some $2.27 billion in federal funds in 2017 if they refuse to comply with federal immigration officers seeking to deport illegal aliens, Reuters found.

www.breitbart.com...

The dominos are starting to fall.
edit on 27/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join