It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrities Call For ‘Total Hollywood Strike’ Until Trump Resigns

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bwj2012

Hate to disappoint you, but it's not happening. Hollywood is not going on strike. Fake news/hoax/lie - whatever you want to call it. Hollywood is still going to be doing what Hollywood does.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Hate to disappoint you, but it's not happening. Hollywood is not going on strike. Fake news/hoax/lie - whatever you want to call it. Hollywood is still going to be doing what Hollywood does.

Dang. I still might turn off the TV and read a book instead and enjoy something original for a change.

So it's business as usual? Que the wardrobe malfunctions..3..2..1

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

And not just Hollywood....

We're in full bore production here in NM, Atlanta, New Orleans and Austin... all the movie ranches and sound stages are booked for features and TV for the forseeable future. Americans crave entertainment and I feel blessed to be able to provide it. Do I detect a hint of jealousy?

The boycotters here on ATS aren't even a drop in a very big bucket. It's pathetic that they are so triggered by someone expressing an opinion, and dislike for the object of their devotion.

pictures up, quite on set, reset, camera, sound, ......and action!!!

It's an industry, capitalism, free enterprise. 500 cable channels, 25 networks, the www. that's not going away...lol
edit on 10-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I fail to see a negative consequence here. In fact, the Hollyweirdos should take it a step further and not only go on permanent strike, but leave the country completely and never come back.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This cracks me up, Hollywood that's full of attention wh0r3s, that only care about themselves is calling for a strike.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is the most benign threat I've ever heard.

It's like threatening to return income to my wallet and freshen my brain.

edit on 10-1-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I can guarantee you that all the crybabies on this thread will sit down in their chairs with their families and zone out to the screens in their homes. whine fest over. Do you honestly think a multi billion dollar industry doesn't know how the American public operates, what they want and how to trigger your synapses. You are addicted to moving images. It's that simple.....

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I can guarantee you that all the crybabies on this thread will sit down in their chairs with their families and zone out to the screens in their homes. whine fest over.

Nope. I have a personal library of over 600 volumes and a well-used library card.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

I can guarantee you that all the crybabies on this thread will sit down in their chairs with their families and zone out to the screens in their homes. whine fest over.

Nope. I have a personal library of over 600 volumes and a well-used library card.

You are to be commended. And a very special breed; probably not one of the crybabies I was referring to.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The problem with celebrities is that they think their opinions carry more weight than John Q. Citizen's.

They don't and whining about it makes them the laughing-stock of the country.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

That means no NFL, wrasslin, ESPN, or NASCAR.

Even better, that's icing on the cake.

Maybe people will have more time to realise that both party have been DP them and robbing them blind.

But yeah ain't going to happen despite their stupidity and ego.

edit on 43131America/ChicagoTue, 10 Jan 2017 16:43:46 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
if they did such a foolish thing they would find out how unimportant they really are and lose everything, people don't really care about a face they never see.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

That means no NFL, wrasslin, ESPN, or NASCAR.

Even better, that's icing on the cake.

Maybe people will have more time to realise that both party have been DP them and robbing them blind.

I doubt it. People won't realize a damn thing. There isn't going to be any boycott, the entertainment industry will continue to flourish, advertizing will be more prolific than ever, capitalism and the free enterprise system is ingrained into the American psyche and nothing will change that except perhaps some biblical styled catastrophe.

As long as there is a dollar to be made....the predictors will always be there...it's the American way! Lead, follow or gtf out of the way.

I must admit I'm astonished at just how naive ATS members are....
edit on 10-1-2017 by olaru12 because: %^%^HY$^TT code green

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This has to be a joke. There is no way I believe those people are that disconnected and ignorant of reality to make the claims they are making. It's so over the top it is like an Onion news piece. Ridiculous in it's entirety.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think we're more likely to see vice president and congress and cabinet members--and so on--vote Trump out as incapable of presidency. If he's not incapable, just remember our government was created precisely for these situations. Personally, I think chances are equal Trump's presidency willl be a snoozefest, moreso because we'll get so sick of the same daily BS. Trump is the source of some, but not all of it.

And why does t matter what anybody does as POTUS if everything just gets thrown out next administration? Hence the two parties working on a bipartisanship basis is key to achieving longterm change. And yet the two parties have never been so split. Both despise each other more deeply than ever. This isn't new--with Trump. It's a longterm trend.

I sort of like Tim's take, but maybe he's being too friendly regarding Trump. Trump's statements about mexicans, carly fiorina (and other woman) and muslims are hard to rationalize without having a dim view of him.

EDIT: IF this thread is fake news I'm sorry. I do know some hollywood celebs have spoke out against Trump. But all of hollywood striking for a month? Lol, fake news is more likely than anything.
edit on 1/10/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Half of you people commenting about how you hate Hollywood have movie/tv/comic avatars.

Am I taking crazy pills?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ScarletNyx

I think hating the type of Hollywood that "these people" represent is different than hating the things Hollywood as a whole has created. Honestly though I am pretty sure this article is just trolling anyway, and trolling very effectively. If you read the article itself and come away with a different opinion ill give you $1. I'll mail it you anywhere in the entire world.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Oh man, this is awesome! I hope they follow through. Maybe my kids will have a chance to grow up with real heroes and role models when the Kardashian's are a thing of the past.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: skuly

Not the Transformers.............I love them........I do.......Not kidding.

As far as them going on strike, let them. DVD sales and Blue Ray sales will sky rocket. We have Hulu and Netflix among others. They wont be missed.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hopefully they do. Hollywood churns out nothing but trash anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join