It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrities Call For ‘Total Hollywood Strike’ Until Trump Resigns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

Just wait for the little fat man with the bad haircut to get upset with a Trump tweet to launch his fire cracker. Take a page from the Democrats and not retaliate because Kim is just misunderstood.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: antar

I'm not broke.
I'm happily retired and doing fine.

Awesome.So you'll be bringing the booze for the big ATS Trump Inauguration party?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If this really happened, maybe the center of movie making could be re-opened back in New Jersey.

Maybe Edison, New Jersey, just out of spite.
edit on 10-1-2017 by Junkheap because: They told me to edit this post, or else they would destroy the Earth.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Do it.

I am ready for new talent.

don't puss out now.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Lots of inflated egos in Hollywood

Please strike - No, wait !! Leave like you said you would

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
fantastic. there are so many out of work actors more than willing to take the work. enough of the ctrl-left or rightwingers. there is no difference between them.

these millionaires do not care about the price of gas, that does not affect them in one bit. they do not care about the 1k cost per month of health insurance, to them thats nickle and dimes.

Nor do they care about their carbon foot print while flying all over the world in their private jets, or heating and cooling their multi million dollar mansions surrounded by a fence in a neighborhood that is far from multicultural or forced diversity!

Blame it on us little people hypocrites!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
You do realize that if SAG/AFTRA strikes, IATSE will follow suit. That means no NFL, wrasslin, ESPN, or NASCAR.

I work for both. Union proud, Union strong.

but there will be no strike. Simply to much money being made and blessed to get my slice of the pie.

Boycott what offends you. I'm boycotting twitter....

edit on 10-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Oh Noooooo! The world will come a to a complete stand still, there will be food shortages, civil war, and you know, just general Armageddon! All joking aside, please don't go on strike, all those moronic people that care about the crap you consistently turn out will have to find some way other to prevent their brains from working.
edit on 10-1-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You all are short sighted nincompoops!!!!

What about fast and the furious 10!

I need to know how the story ends!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
How to shut them up fast. Unplug the t.v. Boycott the theaters. Do not give them a penny or any of your time. Your life and overall health will improve too.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Greggers

Second, if it did happen, we'd get an influx of independent movies and foreign movies, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Thirdly it could put a turbo charge nitro on their already in progress demise of their industry and busniess practices.

When they realise or are informed of the stupidity of their statements and how it will impact them directly ,they will come to their senses.

Then they will back out , but claim to do it because it will impact the little people that work for them. In reality they will back out because their star power would significantly decrease after an 8 year hiatus .

Its truly shocking how they surround themselves with YES people to the point they don't see how arrogant and stupid they make themselves look .

This. "Yes" people. Mob mentality. Meatheads. Archie Bunker is rolling around in his grave. Edith is wailing. Fred Sanford is having "another one". George Jefferson is pissed, again. Barney Fife just shot off his last toe. The Fonz just jumped his last shark.

If only they had provided characters and events so worthy in the recent days. If only there was dialogue instead of demonizing.

Ooh, gone are the days of yore... And with them the the real artists.

Today, there are but imps sitting where once Giants were enthroned.

Back to hell, ye miserable imposters.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If they did strike.

Wouldn't be long before those one percenters went back to work.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
skuly

Hmmm.. only a month long protest..why stop there?

Rosie O’Donnell, Debra Messing, Ed Asner and Michael Shannon are among the dozens of artists, entertainers, and activists who have attached their names to an effort calling for a month-long protest to stop President-elect Donald Trump.
more

Must be the month they are on vacation or something.. what is a "month long protest" gonna do? Obviously what it's not gonna do is affect their paychecks..

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I have other ways to entertain myself.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Ya know?

It makes me wonder if they are being subsidized by the government. Would be interesting if someone could find a link to the Feds and Hollyweird being funded by taxpayers as a propaganda arm of the ministry of truth..........

Like the old saying goes, "Politics is for people too ugly to get into Hollywood."!
edit on 10-1-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Dang. There's lots of ugly in Hollywood. That might be the worst diss I've seen in a year.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I get more comedy from readying the replies in this thread than any movie Hollywood can put out, so let em go.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Is that a Steve buscemi dig?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I saw this on facebook and it says it all:-

Written by: Shelle Vee. Dedicated to Meryl Streep:
Dear Hollywood celebrities and actors... you only have a place in my world to entertain me. That’s it. You make your living pretending to be someone else. Playing dress up like a 6 year old. You live in a make believe world in front of a camera - and often when you are away from one, too.
Your entire existence depends on my patronage. I’ll crank the organ grinder; you dance. I don’t really care where you stand on issues. You see, you aren’t real. I turn off my TV or shut down my computer and you cease to exist in my world. Once I am done with you, I can put you back in your little box until I want you to entertain me again.
I hope you realize that the only words of yours that matter are scripted. In my world, you exist solely for my entertainment. So, shut your word hole and dance, monkey!"🐒

Let them strike Funkin idiots..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join