It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrities Call For ‘Total Hollywood Strike’ Until Trump Resigns

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: skuly
Hollywood celebrities are not known for being the most modest of people ...

They'll become pretty damned modest the moment the Trump IRS team rolls in to audit 'em.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
a reply to: skuly

If Hollywood was conservative in learning and the tables were turned around, all we would hear from the msm is how they are holding the country hostage...

If you ask me, sports is what holds this country together more so than movies. But that is IMO with nothing to back it up.

Think about that for a second, Graffi... you mean four or five
months of taking about Brady's spongy ball beats Hil's server
for pressworthy?
He got some airplay, and the team got a black eye. God only
knows what the FBI helped to bury... we'll probably never know.
But maybe one more diversion and the important stuff will
go far enough off the radar till spring.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Blah blah blah... Liberals in Hollywood are going to cry and whine? Whoa, watch out Trump!
edit on 10-1-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
What about all the regular working stiffs in Hollywood who aren`t celebs? The boom guy, the prop people, the kid who brings the celebs their lunch...etc ....I`m sure they are really excited about striking for 8 years.

I guess I should not really have a say because i haven`t contributed a single dime to Hollywood in a long time.
I haven`t owned a TV in over a decade (by choice), and the last movie I actually PAID to see was GLADIATOR (good flick).

edit on 10-1-2017 by johnjohn808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Like any other thing formulated against Trump in the last two years hasn't worked, this too will fail.
I have to give to the Alt-left, they don't give up, at some point they are going to get tired of beating a dead horse.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Good i support this strike! They can make it indefinite for all i care, a self draining swamp. I like that idea.

They should get Bill burr to present their farewell:

That would be real good!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is just brilliant

It absolutely shows how out of touch these people are with reality, they actually believe theyre important, powerful, Marvels, ex POTUS, super heros, magicians, thousand year old wise men from gondor

You're actors guys STFU nobody cares what you think, not a single thing a government will ever do WILL EVER EFFECT YOUR DELUSIONAL LIFES because you're NOT party of the real world, society, the working class

You live a champagne lifestyle most people have never or will never ever experience, you do not experience what we the people do, you have absolutely know idea what we think or feel so you can absolutely never understand why Brexit happened, why Trump happened

Morons
edit on 10-1-2017 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Last time Hollywood went in strike we got the "drunk history of ..." series! Which is great. Yes, let's do more of that.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Honestly, I hope all that talk that way do refuse to act. We won't miss them!! Think of the improvements to Hollywood, if that sort just quit.....

Please, whoever you people are, do it!!

Funny thing, the ones in that one video, I only recognize ONE person. Literally. As for someone like Streep, who cares? Plenty of good actors that don't assume they are special, and that respect people, and produce things we actually want to watch!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
What will all the brittish actors they hire do? Starwars, sons of anarchy, lord of the rings, harry potter, vikings, game of thrones. Jokes aside they are writing checks to unemploy the hard working people behind the scenes and all the extra actors. A strike over what? he isnt even in office yet. This is madness pure madness. Los Angeles will die in a month from riots. I know just how many people they employ i have worked for hollywood its massive and accounts for like 60 percent of jobs in downtown LA

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

YES!!! Perhaps in their downtime, Hollywood can get back to creating NEW movies, instead of dusting off old films and thinking that they would be much better with CGI...

Until then, I will spend my time watching classic films, that stand the test of time...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Let whineywood go on strike please please go on strike. All you do anymore is make crappy reruns with crappy actors. Just put old reruns on if they were to put shows like Beverly Hillbillies, Hogans Heroes, Sanford and son, Kolchak The Night Stalker and Columbo back on I'd even buy a tv again.
edit on 2540000005331America/ChicagoTue, 10 Jan 2017 23:06:53 -06002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: RazorV66
Who the hell do these clowns think they are?
Haven't been to the movies in 25 years, missing another 8 while they strike when Trump is in office isn't gonna hurt me.

It really helps to read a little of the thread before making a fool out of yourself....it's a hoax.

Lol hey man, thanks for that!!
I read a few pages, then I posted....you must be one of the Liberals that has their panties in a bunch eh?
I was really hoping it was true though.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Strike out is what they are doing. Meryl Streep played a sexist part that called a girl fat and unattractive, that movie set a standard in the fashion industry at the time.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I read a few pages, then I posted....you must be one of the Liberals that has their panties in a bunch eh?

Even liberals get sick of Hollywood.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
More Duck Dynasty and less cry baby liberals is a good thing.

More Clint Eastwood and less liberal snowflakes.

More Ted Nugent and less anti gun liberals..

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Celebrities come out every election and speak their, ahem, minds. This year Trump gave the special reason to freak out. However, he isn't the only reason. Their grip on the American psyche has been waning as of late, as evidenced by their inability to sway the election.

Saturday Night Live is a good example of just about the last time they were able to swing opinion. Sarah Palin took a drubbing with Tina Fey's performance which colored a smart, beautiful and accomplished woman in a stupid, blondish light.

But since then they've been eating crow as Obama's hard left has nationally destroyed the Democratic party.

Also, with the rise of social media REAL people also have a voice, and Internet 2.0 with its user-created content has cut Hollywood out of a significant portion of the overall consumed media. Not to mention the international ramifications of information sharing.

I see this as more of a plea for relevance than anything else.

Sad, really.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is a very disappointing thread...

It started well, it was looking positive but no it had to be a bloody hoax....This was one i was really hoping would be true, as others have mentioned movies have become stale and some of these actors are just plain nauseating...time for new talent !..

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Like any other thing formulated against Trump in the last two years hasn't worked, this too will fail.
I have to give to the Alt-left, they don't give up, at some point they are going to get tired of beating a dead horse.

Unfortunately they will not . Crap like this is the only thing Libs have had for 20 years . The very reason they lost BIG in the past 8 years . The only thing about it is the old addage :
Repeating actions over and over again expecting different results..

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
These guys live in a make belief, fantasy world. Time for a reality check

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join