It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Officers Declare Family’s Pet Deer ‘Illegal’ Promptly Kill it In Front of Them

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

I really really hope they sue the sh!t out of their local PD.

Those cops need to lose their jobs. They would not be authorized to shoot the animal if their lives weren't in danger.

edit on 1/10/2017 by ColdWisdom because: russians subverted my keyboard

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I read a slightly different version of this story on a different blog earlier today. That pone said that anothr family had raised the deer and it had become attached to this woman when she had visited thsi other family. The deer had followed her home which was fine with that family who was looking to do something with it as it had grown.

The family had given the deer more or less free run, so it was free to leave. That's how it disappeared. It was allowed to go freely. She mainly wanted to know what had happened after it had disappeared.

When the warden showed up, she tried to get them to let her have time to find a zoo or sanctuary for it, but they only gave her a few minutes. She actually did have interest from the Hutchnson zoo, but the person who would have said yay or nay for sure was not in that day, and warden was apparently too busy to give them a day or two to try to make arrangements.

So, BLAMMO!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
People in our new so called civilized society have forgotten what liberty means, and the responsibilities that go with it. Arming yourselves to defend against these kinds of atrocities has been brainwashed away from good normal folks.

If people want their honor and liberty back they will have to FIGHT for it. And make sacrifices like those who came before us.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
WTF?!?!?!

Did anybody catch the part where the woman filming asks the police if they have a warrant?

The officer responds:

No man I do not have a warrant, and if I were to leave to go obtain one I could not guarantee that the animal would be here when I got back.

So he doesn't have a warrant, and he's worried that the deer that is living with the family illegally won't be there when they return?

Wasn't the entire point of this situation was to address the issue of owning a deer as a pet?

This is sick.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Has anyone seen what a deer can do to someone when they are in mating season?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Humans are sick, really? Any other Apex predator would have ripped it apart and eaten it alive. At least it went down swiftly. I don't understand how this pet deer was a danger to the community or any people in particular. I guess the law is the law. If it were my family though, I would try to get the local news and state Rep involved, maybe call for some tweaking of the legislation that led to this unnecessary act of terrorism on a family.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I have.
I have also seen what dogs can do to people. I should shoot my dog?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
There's a special place in Hell waiting for these guys...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
That's just messed up.

I understand killing an animal for food.

but killing an animal because it's an illegal pet?

i can't wrap my head around it.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Evilbunnie

I have.
I have also seen what dogs can do to people. I should shoot my dog?

Huge difference between a domesticated animal and a wild animal but what happens when a dog turns? You put it down.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111 Over the years I have known several wardens,most of whom were ok,this one is a power mad a-hole.That was a uncalled for killing.There are many places that it could have been relocated to.In my hometown when I was growing up a school for homeless and troubled kids had a buck that was tame and our wardens never did anything except tell them to keep their distance during the rut.I`m a deer hunter and could not have done that to a deer that was a pet like that for anything.VERY disgusted by that,heart goes out to the family.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

That's just messed up.

Good point.

I remember last year in Brooklyn they found a man who had a Bengal tiger as a pet. Those happen to be endangered, they confiscated the feline and fined the man.

So are they allowed to kill the deer because it isn't on an endangered species list? What if they had a pet tiger?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Has anyone seen what a deer can do to someone when they are in mating season?

I get why they shouldn't have it, but it is not mating and won't be mating season for long enough that the warden could have given her a few days to a week to try to arrange a place for the deer.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I agree 100% with that statement.

I do not agree with how they handled this situation.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Evilbunnie

can we do some public shaming of these jerks? you know...Cecil the lion style?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Evilbunnie

I agree 100% with that statement.

I do not agree with how they handled this situation.

They should have trapped it and brought it to a proper place but I think that it would have died in nature due to its pampered life style.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
That's just messed up.

California is hardcore when it comes to killing illegal pets but not as bad as Hawaii.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I don't understand how you could do that right there. I mean, I love to eat meat but that animal was someone's pet. It loved in their home. If you want to fine them, whatever. Let them handle it in court. How the hell are they just allowed to come into the property and discharge their gun? What if he missed, ricocheted and killed someone? F'in insanity.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
That was cool watching it in the house with the fam. Really looked I like it belonged. It's a damn shame.

(post by goou111 removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join