It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Officers Declare Family’s Pet Deer ‘Illegal’ Promptly Kill it In Front of Them

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This to me is an infuriating video. The fact that happened in my state "Kansas" is down right embarrassing .

Kim Mcgaughey and her family live on a farm in rural KANSAS when a wild deer showed up a few years ago with a broken leg the family nursed the deer back to health and let it go.

Problem is the deer refused to leave and eventually just became the family pet with access to the house and everything someones dog has access too.

The deer even slept in the 8 year old boys room. It had become a beloved pet.

Well keeping wild animals as pets is apparently illegal in KS. so two cops show up give the family a ticket and then literally chase the deer down and shoot it 6 times killing it, while the family screams in horror.

Why the F@@@ does the deer have to die? its not like they lived in a city they were on a damm farm.

Why cant they say all right we will just let him go ? Nope the cops had to kill it in front of everyone to show how badass they are.

I know it is just a deer but it was not just a deer to these people. How big a prick do you have to be to chase the animal sown while people are begging you not to and kill it?

Ulysses, KS — An infuriating and heart-breaking video was posted to social media recently of a family’s beloved pet deer, Faline, named after the Disney Bambi character, was gunned down in front of them — for being illegal.
In Kansas, keeping wild animals as pets is illegal.
However, it wasn’t like Kim Mcgaughey and her family lived in the city and had some tiger in their apartment. No, the Mcgaugheys live on a farm and the deer wasn’t stolen from the wild and brought to their home. Instead, the family nursed Faline back to health after she showed up at their farm with a broken leg.
Only after Faline refused to leave did the family start feeding her.

thefreethoughtproject.com...

www.nbclosangeles.com...
edit on 10-1-2017 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Games Wardens are jerks.

My buddy and his bro and dad were hunting on their land not too far from their house, some 20 miles from town in the boonies when a Warden walked up unannounced and handed out fines for not having orange vests on and a loaded rifle in the tree stand with no one around it....? WTF

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Games Wardens are jerks.

My buddy and his bro and dad were hunting on their land not too far from their house, some 20 miles from town in the boonies when a Warden walked up unannounced and handed out fines for not having orange vests on and a loaded rifle in the tree stand with no one around it....? WTF

Most of the LEOs I have ran across in my life were pretty cool guys just doing their job. Writing tickets and what not.

It takes a different kind of sick IMO to do what they did to someones pet in front of them..

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Psychopaths..f'ing disgusting.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
as a guy who enjoys fishing and has had run in with dfg several times before i can attest that they are bottom of the barrel aptitude and intelligence wise.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

What was the point in killing it???

They were told they can't keep it as a pet, fine, that means it has to be let go so why shoot it?? That makes no sense. They could have just shot it and let them keep it at that point.

Clearly this had nothing at all to do with the deer or it's well being or anything else. This was just an A-hole that wanted to terrorize this family for some reason. There is more to this story. It makes no sense.

That would be like rescuing a kidnap victim just to shoot them once they're in custody.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

What was the point in killing it???

They were told they can't keep it as a pet, fine, that means it has to be let go so why shoot it?? That makes no sense. They could have just shot it and let them keep it at that point.

Clearly this had nothing at all to do with the deer or it's well being or anything else. This was just an A-hole that wanted to terrorize this family for some reason. There is more to this story. It makes no sense.

That would be like rescuing a kidnap victim just to shoot them once they're in custody.

Their official reason is the deer might have a disease.. for real.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
And let me guess, they took her home and ate her?

link   
I wonder how these sh#tstains explain this day to their own kids and wives.

Nice PR work too, that family and the kids will never have any respect for the "authorities"
edit on 10-1-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

link   
And nothing will happen. And if you post this on facebook you'll be called a cop hater by the brainwashed.

Sadly, it's heyday for cops out there, there is no accountability for them and no repercussions it seems. And such an environment will attract the sociopath.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

if we were eve half has harsh on other "illegals" maybe it wouldn't be such a problem.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

That's pretty messed up. I wonder why the cops even went there in the first place. A neighbor must have snitched on them or something.

Where is DLM (Deer Lives Matter)?
edit on 10-1-2017 by FauxMulder because: spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Oh boy a disease. Well I guess we better go shoot it before it might get sick then????? Still makes no sense.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
And let me guess, they took her home and ate her?

I would demand that the officers should have to dress it out and eat the whole thing. Not all at once. But if you kill it you better be eating it in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

That pretty messed up. I wonder why the cops even went there in the first place. A neighbor must have snitched on them or something.

Where is DLM (Deer LIves Matter)?

The deer went missing for a couple days so she posted on her facebook asking if anyone had seen it. I guess DFG is monitoring facebook accounts to make sure no one has illegal pets.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

That pretty messed up. I wonder why the cops even went there in the first place. A neighbor must have snitched on them or something.

Where is DLM (Deer LIves Matter)?

That's what I'm thinking. Someone said something or there is more to this that what's reported. I can't see a couple wardens just popping by, "Oh hey, that deer might be sick, here's your ticket.....BANG!!! Have a nice day." Just can't imagine how that happens by random.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I guess this gives them some kind of power high. Typical of blustering plebeian yokels to get an emotional rush exercising their meager authority by spitting on other people. A step below on the evolutionary ladder of intelligence.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Sick...
Humans are sick..
sick.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I'm going to have to agree.

I think the only time SOP isn't to just kill whatever they were called about is if news reporters are there. They might start taking the same policy with videos like this too.

When I worked with USFS, I was shocked at some of our interactions. I was explicitly told by my superior, who was ex-DOW, to never make that call unless death was the desired outcome.

I still find it strange, honestly. But, when someone recently made a call about a local bear, I felt obligated to let them know exactly what they were doing. They made a call back, and luckily no one ever came out.

They thought they would just do something like tranq the cub and transport them elsewhere. I'd suspect many think that's what's going to happen.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

That was a sad video to watch. If I were those people, I would have called a national animal rights organization to see if they couldn't have stopped this outrageous killing of an innocent animal. If that wouldn't have worked, I would have called the main stream media. I'm sure they would have helped by making it a human interest story. I'm sure it would have gathered enough public support to help protect the deer and force the authorities to allow them to keep the deer as a pet. The poor deer was doing no harm to anybody! You could tell the deer felt comfortable among the dogs and people at that residence. This was a senseless killing of a defenseless animal and loving pet.

This is humanity displaying it's uncaring side of the love of an animal and it's caring human family.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join