It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study finds single women of color most likely to receive financial assistance for abortion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: ColaTesla

Because nothing says Fourth Reich like forced sterilization and a policy of eugenics directed at a certain demographic.

I know right! They had some great ideas back in the day

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
First one should be free and the second time you get neutered, or you're legs sewn shut

Seems a little one sided doesn't it???

If the legs get sewn shut then the baby daddy should lose his balls too don't ya think???

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

and you're willing to throw those women under the bus, because the father of those babies didn't have a say as to weather the women should get an abortion so she can live a healthy life...
got it!!
if her life or health is in danger, why do you believe you should have a say in what her medical care should be???

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

So a right wing blog citing a study performed by a pro-life group states that there have been people "probably" violating the Hyde Amendment? Talk about proof.

Tell me, what does pre-abortion care entail. Does the test that determines a fetus is not viable count? What about the test that determines that the mother will die if she comes to term? What about a woman that conceives through rape? Does the rape kit or pregnancy test count as pre-abortion care?

What does counseling mean? Does it mean seeing a therapist? Because that is something covered under Medicaid. Tell me how long should we prevent a woman from seeing a therapist after having an abortion? One week? A month? A year?

I noticed that your biased source doesn't claim that the abortion itself is covered by Medicaid. So you pretty much proved my point. Medicaid does not cover abortions.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

sterilize them. If they need to have sex with random men then that can still happen, no need to breed future failures though. Real talk.

Its barbaric to treat new life as a pesky side effect of casual sex.

Grow up, close your legs, keep it in your pants and un-Fudge yourselves.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: ColaTesla
First one should be free and the second time you get neutered, or you're legs sewn shut

Seems a little one sided doesn't it???

If the legs get sewn shut then the baby daddy should lose his balls too don't ya think???

Someone gets it

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

So a right wing blog citing a study performed by a pro-life group states that there have been people "probably" violating the Hyde Amendment? Talk about proof.

Tell me, what does pre-abortion care entail. Does the test that determines a fetus is not viable count? What about the test that determines that the mother will die if she comes to term? What about a woman that conceives through rape? Does the rape kit or pregnancy test count as pre-abortion care?

What does counseling mean? Does it mean seeing a therapist? Because that is something covered under Medicaid. Tell me how long should we prevent a woman from seeing a therapist after having an abortion? One week? A month? A year?

I noticed that your biased source doesn't claim that the abortion itself is covered by Medicaid. So you pretty much proved my point. Medicaid does not cover abortions.

You thinking that was the only source showing the same data shows that you haven't looked into it at all. Let me know when you decide to read and inform yourself, but until then I have no reason to try and debate this topic with you since you are debating purely on opinion.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

That Hitler was really on to some great ideas.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

And all of those sources are quoting the same study performed by a biased organization. Was the study peer reviewed? What were their operational definitions for pre-abortion care and counseling?

Even if this study is on the level it still proves that Medicaid is not paying for abortions.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

And all of those sources are quoting the same study performed by a biased organization. Was the study peer reviewed? What were their operational definitions for pre-abortion care and counseling?

Even if this study is on the level it still proves that Medicaid is not paying for abortions.

If it's true it shows how much fraud is in the Medicaid program. Do your own research and prove the study wrong.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

is it any more than the overall fraud though?? with all the oversight and investigations of the abortion providers, I wouldn't be surprised if there is less fraud in that area than in some others. and by the way, in most of these fraud cases, it isn't the medicaid recipients that are committing the fraud but rather the healthcare providers...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

How so? Things like sonograms and pregnancy tests are covered under Medicaid. Mental healthcare is also covered under Medicaid. Is it fraudulent to offer someone these services because someone will have an abortion in the future/had an abortion in the past?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Not to mention that if it was proven that a healthcare provider was committing Medicaid/Medicare fraud they would no longer be eligible to receive funds from these programs. Hell, there's a good chance they would lose their license to practice.

So why does PP need to be defunded when there's already a system in place to punish those culpable of fraud?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

And maybe a prison sentence.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Maybe because they are poor?

I fail to see anything into this other than to say poor people tend to seek assistance and many people of color are poor... Is there something else I'm missing?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yeah, after 40 years of Dems helping to fix the black family inside and out, this is the sewing up the sack on total control over the black population.

Favoring black abortions but not providing the same amount to whites? Seems like something that needs a celebrity infusion like the Oscar debacle "everyone of color" flipped out about.

Where is the Equality and equity in the abortion industry?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: Xtrozero

Favoring black abortions but not providing the same amount to whites? Seems like something that needs a celebrity infusion like the Oscar debacle "everyone of color" flipped out about.

Is it a color issue or financial/social issue?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

sterilize them. If they need to have sex with random men then that can still happen, no need to breed future failures though. Real talk.

Is financial status suddenly a part of the right to reproduce?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Better to abort than raise a generation of welfare dependents.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: tadaman

Is financial status suddenly a part of the right to reproduce?

Yes, because the young people nowadays are complaining that they are in a perpetual recession.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join