It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Attorney General confirmation hearing of Senator Jeff Sessions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hmmm. He admits going after mmj patients is a matter of resources and also notes that maybe congress should be looking at changing federal law. It doesn't appear to be a high priority for them so maybe now is the right time to make the final push to change the law.

Well thats all I care about. It could go either way. Could be better. Could be worse. Classic moderate response.
edit on 10-1-2017 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm willing to put my pro- views on the legalization of marijuana aside for the larger good of our nation: Sessions is what we need. No Fast & Furious B.S. with him.

Welcome aboard, Sir. Proceed to kick ass!

edit on 10-1-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
They've told him that he cannot take a washroom break, while they continue to go on and on... (I hope he'll make it).

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I'm willing to put my pro- views on the legalization of marijuana aside for the larger good of of our nation: Sessions is what we need. No Fast & Furious B.S. with him.

Welcome aboard, Sir. Proceed to kick ass!

I'm not. I work in the cannabis industry. If Sessions has his way thousands will be put out of work, made criminals overnight, and he'll be handing established gangs and criminals more revenue to grow bigger and create more violence. Not to mention throwing any notion of states rights under the bus completely.

Not a lot of making anything "great" there.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Now let him go to the washroom..! (it's getting urgent)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I'm willing to put my pro- views on the legalization of marijuana aside for the larger good of of our nation: Sessions is what we need. No Fast & Furious B.S. with him.

True that.

I don't care if it's illegal, I still smoke it anyway. :p

But the non THC analogs should be available to parents with epileptic children. This is just common sense.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
OMG, he's just basically said that the US government, if it deems that the citizen is sufficiently connected to terrorist activity, could be held indefinitely, and, tortured.

Not the right answer to Feinstein.

That's terrible.

edit on 10-1-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Kennedy has ten minutes now and Sessions made a nervous look..

This is getting interesting... lol (the poor guy, can't just say I need to take a break!)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I caught some of the hearings on the radio while running an errand earlier. I see that certain elements on the left are trying to help Trump win a second term before he officially starts his first. I can't imagine ever being on the same side as those childish protesters at that hearing, and if there is anything we agree on I'm likely to reevaluate my position rather than ally with them.

I'm cautiously optimistic so far about the Trump administration. I really like a few of his picks, like Mattis. Am ambivalent about Sessions ( MJ issues and senrencing reform)and most of the others, and i really don't like the HHS guy's record ( look up balance billing).

However, I'll gladly admit even those I'm ambivalent about are better than current office holders or potential Hillary picks. Sessions stands head and shoulders above Holder, Lynch, or even Bush the Younger's yes man Gonzalez, as someone who should be Attorney General.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
OMG, he's just basically said that the US government, if it deems that the citizen is sufficiently connected to terrorist activity, could be held indefinitely, and, tortured.

That's terrible.

This is just not right. This means that the FBI could set up a terrorist-sympathizer and have him tortured.

Torture is the devil's business.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The camera on the NPR live stream was left on during the intermission. You'd have a field day if you could read lips.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Oh look everyone! Corey Booker is running for President in 2020! It's kind of disgraceful that one Senator would come out and sandbag a colleague like this, strictly for political reasons. And poor John Lewis, can't even see that his brave past actions are being exploited for political gain.

I don't care for Sessions but, this seems like such grand-standing.
edit on 1/11/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

That's terrible.

This is just not right. This means that the FBI could set up a terrorist-sympathizer and have him tortured.

Understand that for every time he has stated his personal opinion on an issue, he has also stated the law and reiterated that the law is the law and his job is to enforce that.

That is why he also said he would have to recuse himself on any Hillary related investigations.

So, it looks like the laws need to be changed on marijuana. Start calling your congressmen.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Geeze, all these years on and we still have to re-live Selma and the Civil Rights movement every time we confirm an AG... FFS, We've had a AA President for 8 years, Homosexuals can marry. A woman won a majority of the popular vote for President. That political speech by John Louis degrades his great contributions, IMHO.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Remember that Corey Booker was previously honored to stand by Sessions and hand out that award with him too. Guess things change quickly when political points need to be made.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

It's on YouTube from PBS here:

Why did they change the venue from the normal Tarmac location?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's shameful. Everyone should mark well how Booker treats his colleagues as he steps on Sessions's back while he tries to climb the political ladder.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Once more, the left shows there true colors.

Its all about identity politics. "Slavery, Jim Crow!!!!! So don't vote for Sessions!!!"

Whats that? Sessions worked with minority communities to help them? Help got the death penalty for a KKK member?

But he is a white conservative, so he must be a racist that loved slavery and wants to enslave all blacks.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That's terrible.

Understand that for every time he has stated his personal opinion on an issue, he has also stated the law and reiterated that the law is the law and his job is to enforce that.

That is why he also said he would have to recuse himself on any Hillary related investigations.

So, it looks like the laws need to be changed on marijuana. Start calling your congressmen.

The law can't be changed on marijuana. At least federally. This is what few people realize. Its against the law for the head of the DEA to even mention unscheduling anything that has previously been scheduled. Look it up.

States rights is the last refuge of sensible drug reform, and the Trump administration just threw that under the bus as well.

I stand to lose my job as do thousands of other Americans because of the Trump administration's backwards attitudes. Do we not matter as Americans too?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join