It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Attorney General confirmation hearing of Senator Jeff Sessions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
Against executive orders as a solution to helping dreamers. Wants a law.

Another interruption. "No Trump, no kkk, no facist USA"

Sessions response "I think they're on the fence about me".

Fully trusts the FBI in regards to a question about hacking. Says the decision about Russia's hacking was honorably reached. He takes the protection of America seriously.

Hmmmm. The Senator from SC says that he knows what it feels like to be from the south and labeled as a southern conservative. The Senator is giving Mr. Sessions a chance to speak his mind to Americans who do not want to see America return to the days of what occured in the south. His response was good and strong.

Looks like some protestors went all the way through the 4th grade. And legally drove themselves to school.

The protestors are the least important portion of this hearing.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Here comes the Clinton matter. He just admitted he would not be able to be objective towards Clinton. He said he intends to recuse himself from anything Clinton related. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

It was smart for him to take that position.
He spoke out against Clinton previously, so he would not be seen as impartial.

Agreed. If that were to happen (the fbi is not pursuing a case so right now its not) he would place those duties to the person directly underneath him.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

If he is confirmed for the Attorney General position, he will no longer be involved in making laws.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
He admits he didn't understand the law and acted as a politician related to Lynchs Clinton case. This is good. Admit when you're wrong.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

If he is confirmed for the Attorney General position, he will no longer be involved in making laws.

Yeahhhhh you can't read. Lol. Go back to making ridiculous threads that are divisive and riddled with ignorance. Bye.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Yikes. Another group of protestors.

"You are being supported by hate groups"

The people on camera were visibly affected by these words in some way. More frustrated Americans. More ugliness.

He's still doing ok I think. He has answered to his questionable choices well so far.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Against executive orders as a solution to helping dreamers. Wants a law.

Another interruption. "No Trump, no kkk, no facist USA"

Sessions response "I think they're on the fence about me".

Fully trusts the FBI in regards to a question about hacking. Says the decision about Russia's hacking was honorably reached. He takes the protection of America seriously.

Hmmmm. The Senator from SC says that he knows what it feels like to be from the south and labeled as a southern conservative. The Senator is giving Mr. Sessions a chance to speak his mind to Americans who do not want to see America return to the days of what occured in the south. His response was good and strong.

Looks like some protestors went all the way through the 4th grade. And legally drove themselves to school.

The protestors are the least important portion of this hearing.

Not exactly . They are there for a purpose as well

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Answering questions correctly is only part of what you're getting. It means they know the right answer which is good but doesn't mean they do what they say. What's more important than their words is their record and history of their actions.

All politicians know what the right answer is and what to say. That's how they get elected. It's what they actually do that really matters.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Did Al Frankin just catch him in a big fat lie about what cases he's taking credit for being a part in???

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Franken is being very hard on him. That was uncomfortable. This is the worst kind of job interview in the professional world. He did not pass the Franken level of strigency lol. I think we need to look into how Franken lost his sense of humor. He definitely called him out though. Sessions was caught inflating some stats.

One of the things that's been pretty noticeable is the gush fest. It's a little much.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Did Al Frankin just catch him in a big fat lie about what cases he's taking credit for being a part in???

I just made a post about it. He did, in fact, catch him in a lie. That did not look good. A reminder that he's still a politician at heart.
edit on 10-1-2017 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I do believe that is his job isn't it??? I mean the guy isn't interviewing for a cashier position or something. He's the guy in charge of Law Enforcement. They should be hard on him. They should give the guy a body cavity search and interrogate him IMO. (Of course I exaggerate a bit, but I'm sure you can tell.)

Most of these people act like a bunch of butt kissers all fawning over the guy. WTF??? They're supposed to be vetting the guy not wacking him off under the table.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

What gets me is why is it Al Frankin of all people who had to finally catch him on that??? He's not even a lawyer like the rest of them and nobody else catches on to the fact that Sessions is falsifying actual documents by putting his signature on them???

The only one to notice it is the one Non-Lawyer in the group??? Christ the lawyer jokes really are true I guess. Not an honest lawyer out there I guess.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

What gets me is why is it Al Frankin of all people who had to finally catch him on that??? He's not even a lawyer like the rest of them and nobody else catches on to the fact that Sessions is falsifying actual documents by putting his signature on them???

The only one to notice it is the one Non-Lawyer in the group??? Christ the lawyer jokes really are true I guess. Not an honest lawyer out there I guess.

It was a tad strange. I'm not even sure what to call all that, but it did not come off well at all. It definitely made me think twice. This is a job that requires a person with the utmost display of honesty. I'm disappointed now.

It's important for someone to ask hard questions instead of talking about Alabama football too. Let's not forget that. I don't think he's a bad person, but this is about ethics and I wouldn't get a job in my own field if I wrote an article with bad numbers. I'd get discredited and likely be working at Home Depot. My field should be less stringent than the qualifications required for this position.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Exactly. I mean we have people every day getting fired for simply saying something wrong on their facebook page. Losing careers because someone important had a insult thrown their way and yet we're gonna soft ball the guy in charge of Law Enforcement??? Hell no!!

You and I wouldn't get a job if we fudged some info on our resume or lied about doing something we had never done.

So why should people in the highest offices get a pass when we wouldn't???

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Exactly. I mean we have people every day getting fired for simply saying something wrong on their facebook page. Losing careers because someone important had a insult thrown their way and yet we're gonna soft ball the guy in charge of Law Enforcement??? Hell no!!

You and I wouldn't get a job if we fudged some info on our resume or lied about doing something we had never done.

So why should people in the highest offices get a pass when we wouldn't???

I agree with that. He is wavering heavily in questioning regarding Alabama prison punishments. I'm not sure if he is fully read on issues that are pretty big in his own state.

I want them to discuss conflicting state and federal marijuana laws so so badly. It's such a good debate topic and this is the prime stage. Come onnnnnnnnuhhhhhhhh.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice that Sessions wasnt happy that the anti-torture law was applied to everyone from privates to the top?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Damn. Protestors are inside the room marching around.

"The democrats on this committee were silent..."

My God, get to the point man. There we go lol.
edit on 10-1-2017 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
And what is this speech by Ted Cruz all about? I thought this was where they were to ask questions of the Nominee to make sure he was qualified?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Is that POS Ted Cruz who just spent the last 5 min. bashing Democrats and Obama during this vetting of Sessions???

Does he think he's still on the campaign trail or something??? WTF was all that.

No he goes right into jerking off sessions like a good little boy.

Now he's attacking Frankin.

Cruz is sleazy nob gobbler partisan hack with less than zero integrity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join