It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Jeff Sessions being schooled by Sen. Feinstein

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A complete dog and pony show served up for partisan hacks as the dems have no possibility of stopping Sessions nomination.

I love watching them continually lose over and over again with the tired race baiting and false misogyny claims, kinda like the movie "groundhog day" They are numb minded as to why they lost political power.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
A complete dog and pony show served up for partisan hacks as the dems have no possibility of stopping Sessions nomination.

I love watching them continually lose over and over again with the tired race baiting and false misogyny claims, kinda like the movie "groundhog day" They are numb minded as to why they lost political power.

Add in the sprinkling of planned outbursts from the crowd and we are witnessing the same tired and losing playbook they used in the election.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
This is like listening to a popular kid group that was also elected student body government having an snack supplied talk, knowing that the teachers will be listening.

It's a dog and turd show, polished and PC.

I can't stop seeing the pre 1950s ideals in these Trump picks.

That is what scares me most.

ahhhhh. maybe you need some coloring books, a puppy or free counseling?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You people are such boneheads.

This is an honest question and answer session. Americans have a right to know who will be our Attorney General. If you don't like democracy then just come out and scream it instead of hiding like a coward. Stop being morons.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
More degenerates embarrassing themselves... seems they think interrupting others and just screaming generalisations is somehow convincing of their arguments. Weird.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
You people are such boneheads.

This is an honest question and answer session. Americans have a right to know who will be our Attorney General. If you don't like democracy then just come out and scream it instead of hiding like a coward. Stop being morons.

OK. Don't really care if he has horns and a tail. If Democrats are against him then that is a ringing endorsement. The sad, crying faces of Hillary supporters is like sunshine and lollipops.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Xtrozero

Personally I would prefer smaller Federal and state footprints. But this is a thread about Federal; I have to voice my opinions on state levels in another venue.

TheRedneck

Less Federal, and whatever the people of the state vote on works for me. When the Federal dictates everything there is no place to go if you disagree. All of what we have witness so far before his first day in office is the Democrats tooling up for 2020 to make his presidency seem illegitimate at first and then paint him incompetent every minute he is in office. All of that starts with his picks.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

That's what I see too, but I doubt it will work. The character assassinations used as political tools no longer work. Hillary destroyed them utterly with the "deplorables" comment. Any such attempt to delegitimize Trump or his appointees is going to backfire, just like they did in the election.

I only hope that by destroying themselves, the Democrats do not place the Republicans in a position that creates a similar climate. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. I want both parties steppin' and fetchin'.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

That's what I see too, but I doubt it will work. The character assassinations used as political tools no longer work. Hillary destroyed them utterly with the "deplorables" comment. Any such attempt to delegitimize Trump or his appointees is going to backfire, just like they did in the election.

I only hope that by destroying themselves, the Democrats do not place the Republicans in a position that creates a similar climate. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. I want both parties steppin' and fetchin'.

TheRedneck

I also doubt it will work - in fact I think it will backfire like so much has done for the Democrats recently. They don;t seem to realise that their playbook has been studied and they won't get a new one.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

It's comments like this that make me wonder if your mommy knows what you do online.

I mean it's sad that instead of coming up with something somewhat smart to say, you instead choose to say this.

I love to highlight it when you guys do this, because it's entertaining and I can work in the OP and stay on topic while doing so, which is the whole reason I'm here.

To discuss topics that adults like to talk about and voice their opinions about.

Thanks for contributing to the overall topic at hand and showing us all how you really think.

It's just that sessions has a history of not really giving a damn about minority voters in the south, the same place we still to this day have a big issue with equality in general, not just racial but gender based as well. It's not limited to the south, but takes more of a stance in some areas than others because the overall mindset is that our kin did it, so we either don't see the problem or don't care, which is pretty sad.

It's also pretty sad to attack people for having views different than your own. It's showing a very weak mind and possibly that you believe inside you are not on the correct side and lash out at those without the same views as a defense mechinism to prevent your true opinion to come out. But then you'd have to feel, and feeling isn't part of the status quo, it's not manly to feel feelings, rawr.

I'm an Air Force veteran, I'm a father and a believer in Equality and Justice, everyone has an opinion, but to attack one's opinion without much meat is just to be a childish tool.

So I say, come at me bro, say what you want, but don't be such a small minded sap that you haven't any meat to argue with, I'm an adult, I can handle it, just like I can handle an intelligent conversation, but instead, I get what would best be referred to as highschool hallway trashtalk.
edit on 10-1-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: suspense

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Let's at least be honest about what we want. I want fairer, smaller, controlled government...

That is what I want too.

To be clear-er, they keep saying to uphold Federal Law, uphold the law, etc. They don't say the constitution much anymore. They don't swear to uphold the constitution, just the law.

The ocean of bureaucracy, regulations, departments, the sea of officialdom, this has to go.

Now, you propose to do that legally "within the law"? The same law that corrupted it all ?

hmmm... (drags out hope and change meme)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

I'm an Air Force veteran, I'm a father and a believer in Equality and Justice, everyone has an opinion, but to attack one's opinion without much meat is just to be a childish tool.

Agreed.

It's just that sessions has a history of not really giving a damn about minority voters in the south, the same place we still to this day have a big issue with equality in general, not just racial but gender based as well. It's not limited to the south, but takes more of a stance in some areas than others because the overall mindset is that our kin did it, so we either don't see the problem or don't care, which is pretty sad.

So why do you do it to an entire culture?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I am glad a screaming partisan crowd is nowhere near the place.
You elect representatives for a reason.

You think those protesters are in there by chance? The politicians aren't representing the people anymore.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I am glad a screaming partisan crowd is nowhere near the place.
You elect representatives for a reason.

You think those protesters are in there by chance? The politicians aren't representing the people anymore.

Of course those protesters are not there by chance. I am sure they have been paid and briefed fully down to the specific time slot for their individual public order violation.
Yes, the elected officials always represent the people. Unfortunately people have become lazy and uninformed and over many years have continually elected corrupt representatives. Nobody to blame but themselves. There is a chance of a reprieve now, but we'll see how it pans out.
edit on 10/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

If it came off that I am one siding one culture over another, I do apologize, one culture or another isn't to blame, the whole nation is but mostly those not owning up to their own faults and working on them. That's the problem with opinions, even when we convey them fully, they are not always seen / read as they were thought to be. Racism, inequality is a mindset, not a racial, gender, culture ability. It's a mindset that some are greater than others somehow and to me that's always been this flawed thinking. Because we are all human and nothing more, when I think about the equality issue, it's simply people being greedy in the cold hard truth, and greed will never lead.

It just seems that Sessions and some other folks coming into office now ( or the potential to ) come from this segment of society that hasn't had to live in reality for a while and have been afforded their opinions to dominate their lives, because of money, because of not living inside the very society they swore to serve. They have created great social and racial unrest in the past, have a spotted history of complaints against them and some make it to the congress, generals and worse, some make enough money to just hire a lobbyist for it.

When these kinda of people represent our views, we don't get represented, instead they play they game that's been going on for decades now of the same ole thing and that's why I don't understand others aren't talking about.
edit on 10-1-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Don't like that he side stepped the Clinton issue and will recuse himself.

It's a good move. Any prosecution will invoke screams from the left of him being Trump's biased attack dog. Better to appoint a special prosecutor and let them take all the flack, reducing the opportunities to undermine Sessions in his AG role.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Yes, the elected officials always represent the people.

No they don't, they represent the PACS that "donate" money to their 're'election.

Unfortunately people have become lazy and uninformed and over many years have continually elected corrupt representatives. Nobody to blame but themselves. There is a chance of a reprieve now, but we'll see how it pans out.

I don't vote because I'm lazy, I don't vote because I'm wise enough to know it doesn't change the direction this country is been on for over a hundred years.

Besides which, career politicians have redistricted their constituency to favor their reelection.

A rigged system:

We all know who is to blame for the terrible results from Washington. Career politicians created the economic and debt crisis we are in right now. That’s why the approval rating of Congress is 10%, the lowest it’s been in the 70 years that Gallop has tracked their rating. Yet, we re-elect the same people 92% of the time.

So why aren’t they held accountable? They have rigged the system in their favor. Too much of the money raised by the incumbent politicians in this race came from DC lobbyists, PACs, and special interests. That’s the sign of a system run amok. And that advantage keeps good people from outside the political establishment from running for office.

I don’t think the Founders’ ever envisioned the rise of the career politician. They wanted people from various backgrounds to bring their unique experience to representative government, help solve the issues of the day, and then return home.

Link

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No, they really do. It's not even an argument, just fact. Elections you see.
Whether they are corrupt or not is a different question.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The whole damn gubment is corrupt. Your's too, by the way. Birds of a feather.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The whole damn gubment is corrupt. Your's too, by the way. Birds of a feather.

No argument there.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join