It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Note From GWB and Obama's Ethics Attorneys

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Reading through what Trump and his administration should do during the ethics review stirs up doubt in my head as to whether he and his cabinet could live up to these requirements. And sorry, Trump saying that the people knew that they elected a person with numerous business ties is not enough. He and his cabinet need to go through the proper vetting so that we can at least not have a manchurian candidate in office for Russia.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Apparently, according to neocon news, gettiing nto the country illegally is easier than gaining the presidency. By a slim margin. I mean, if a gay islamic hawaiin can be president, then anyone can. Go 21st century politics.

Seriously...i joke yet i am terrified of what drumpf brings to the table. I can only hope saner heads prevail

edit on 10-1-2017 by sunkuong because: For added irony

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
He and his cabinet need to go through the proper vetting

That's never going to happen. Trump does things his way. That's what makes him Trump. He doesn't do things the way other people think is right.

Trump can't have his chosen candidates financial statements seen before they are accepted for their roles, because this is very sensitive information for each of these "wealthy" candidates, and they need to be sure they are getting the job, before taking the risk of disclosure.

The rich don't take risks with their money. It's not even certain what financial information these candidates will eventually reveal, we already know that Trump's tax returns will never be seen, despite promises from Trump that he would do so long ago.

The pattern is clear. These people want to rule without the public knowing anything about their private affairs.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Typical, Trump thinks hes above the law and the exception to every rule.....

Obama did it, even with his sorted past, Both Bush's , Clinton etc etc etc....

What makes Trump so special that he cant follow the guidelines set forth? To follow the law?

He doesnt want to do the right thing, he doesnt want to be Transparent, but his supporters still believe everything he says like its the word of God......

I cannot fathom this sort of cognitive disconnect........

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I tried to read the OP but every time I start I remember the thread title and end up rolling on the floor laughing with tears streaming down my face.

GWB and Obamas Ethics lawyer telling anyone how to be ethical is like Joseph Mengele lecturing about good patient care

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Or trump authoring a book a bout financial success

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Typical, Trump thinks hes above the law and the exception to every rule.....

Obama did it, even with his sorted past, Both Bush's , Clinton etc etc etc....

What makes Trump so special that he cant follow the guidelines set forth? To follow the law?

He doesnt want to do the right thing, he doesnt want to be Transparent, but his supporters still believe everything he says like its the word of God......

I cannot fathom this sort of cognitive disconnect........

The guidelines that have been set forth, how have they been working out for you in recent Presidencies?

Also Guidelines are not Rules, the word implies that its a recommendation not a requirement.

What you call cognitive disconnect is actually people waiting to see what happens, if he gets into office and goes back on everything he said I doubt very few on here who support him will continue to do so.
Sadly I think even if he does get in and do great things people like you have already made up your minds and wont acknowledge it

link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I tried to read the OP but every time I start I remember the thread title and end up rolling on the floor laughing with tears streaming down my face.

GWB and Obamas Ethics lawyer telling anyone how to be ethical is like Joseph Mengele lecturing about good patient care

Though I totally agree with that the message is still the same

Even as unethical as they were , they still did it!

So just how unethical is Trumo that he won't?

That should raise some eyebrows

link   
Here's another thread from a couple months ago. Same Attorney whining about Trump...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Their performance afterwards has no bearing on the fact that they followed the law with this procedure , that's deflecting and making excuses for Trump not to do this

The bigger thing here is though. There is NO reason not to unless you have something to hide and you give zero effs about the law
edit on 1/10/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Their performance afterwards has no bearing on the fact that they followed the law with this procedure , that's deflecting and making excuses for Trump not to do this

Im not exactly making excuses but I think we can agree the system is broken, no point sticking to guidelines or even rules if they are counter productive.

I could be talking out my ass, I dont know but what I do know is Im sick of the constant barrage of Trump bashing. Its everywhere and the guy hasnt even been sworn in yet.

FFS guys give it a break and lets see how he does when hes in office, like I said if it turns out hes just more of the same then Ill be right there with all you never Trumps saying the public was fooled and if he isnt impeached then he shouldnt be voted in for a 2nd term.

Lets just wait and see and hold off on the constant stream of anti trump verbal diarrhea that seems to be the norm
(Not you specifically, just people in general)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

followed the law with this procedure

There is no such law!

I don't know how many times this has come up.

It is not law, it is a convention started by a President and only very recently.

Trump does not have to show his tax returns!

P

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Even as unethical as they were , they still did it!

So just how unethical is Trumo that he won't?

That should raise some eyebrows

In the last two decades Trump has been involved in over 4,000 lawsuits.

That should be a clue.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

followed the law with this procedure

There is no such law!

I don't know how many times this has come up.

It is not law, it is a convention started by a President and only very recently.

Trump does not have to show his tax returns!

P

Did you even read the post , it's not just about his tax returns it's , it's the whole confirmation process for him and his cabinet nominees

So how bout before flaming you actually read the damn story

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

he does not 'have to', but surely you can see how Trump making this small act will accrue respect, if not displaying financial ethics at least...both of which are sorely lacking at the moment.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Yup. We wait every day to see what happens. It's the #ing Truman show staring Donald trump.
What will he do today.
What will he say. What will he tweet.

Of course everybody liked Truman.
Trump...not so much.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Hey I didn't like the constant Hillary bashing either but I had to accept it because that was other people's opinions and you know that whole I may not agree but ill defend your right to your own opinion thingy. Yeah like that.

There is going to be trump bashing as long as he decides to sit at that desk. Like it or lump it.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

he does not 'have to', but surely you can see how Trump making this small act will accrue respect, if not displaying financial ethics at least...both of which are sorely lacking at the moment.

Especially since a huge part of his platform was financial stability and trusting him to get us out of debt

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Not for cabinet choices. They do have to release financial statements AND undergo an FBI background check.

Personally, I hope they reject every single pick he makes. Over and over and over again. I hope they tangle him up in this until his true stripes show and have no doubt they will.
edit on 1102017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

No he does have to and it is the law.

Once he's sworn in he's obligated by law to reveal income , income producing companies etc. Every federal employee must.

www.opensecrets.org...
edit on 1102017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join