It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Was Too Nice To Combat Racism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

If Trump would have went to a church that preached the same garbage as Wright, but from a racist white perspective the 2 separate liberal racial rules would have come to light.

Obama got a free ride and the vetting process was greatly limited to allow him access to be president. If any one else would have had the history he had, they wouldn't have been given a shot at the WH.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The racism was directed at Obama. Should I post up the youtube of Obama hung in effegy, being burned or portrayed as a monkey?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Who are you addressing?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I'm sure conservatives attacking him by calling him a Kenyan born Muslim have nothing at all to do with race.

Obama's dad is from Kenya and Obama spent a lot of time growing up in a Muslim country. I don't think race was as big a factor in the name calling as were the circumstances of Obama's past. You don't see conservatives calling most black people Kenyan Muslims, because it doesn't fit the profile the way it did Obama.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: seasonal
Obama was too nice to combat racism, says Slate Chief Correspondent Jamelle Bouie.

1) There's no way to combat racism. You can't change people's minds. Racism will disappear on its own, once people are not forced into racism by institutional laws.

2)The reason why there were racial laws in the past, was to artificially maintain racism. To prevent racism from vanishing due to natural causes.

3)People, left to themselves, become non-racist.

But, it only happens as the older generations die off, and the newer generations take their place.

Racism dies with the people who were taught to be racists from their youth.

So, concentrate on the laws, and leave the people alone.

Wrong!

1) Racism is a mindset. hence has nothing to do with the laws. We have very just laws on race and a liberal mindset in general. A mindset can continue independent of laws or even common sense. Common sense being the fact that many of us may appear white or black or Whatever but are genetic mongrels.

There has been a happy Non white middle class in the US that has nothing to do with Crack whores or gangs or angry black men with guns. These people do not make the news because they work go home and pay their taxes. Even in Ghettos be it Chicago or the rust belt the majority of people loath crime and just hope for get work and contribute. Some people get to change their racist views by coming into contact with the "other" e.g. living next door to whites who are just try to get along without burning Crosses on front lawns or playing loud rock music etc. If they at intellectually honest they then must conclude that hey these white people are OK. Then they start being a bit more neighbourly.

You also have not explained the phenomenon of racism in the younger generation. How long must we wait for these younger racists to die out? They may even outlive us. Look at some of the racist outbursts seen in ATS. It is funny what people post from the anonymity of the keyboard. Look at the dogwhistle politics seen in the US..

Obama tried to be a good president. He did not ty to be a good black president. The president should try to serve all the country. Whether or not he was a good or bad president is no the topic of this thread. Obama also had more pressing things o achieve than banishing racism.

edit on 9-1-2017 by Tiger5 because: typo

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5
Go to 1 minute in the video. Obama basically says the dems need to win back southern white voters with out giving up diversity and commitment to civil rights. Like those are mutually exclusive. He seems smug in this clip and it is a very divisive thing to say, something that has been a problem during his pres.

edit on 9-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

No I did not see it like that at all. There is a way to court the White Southern Vote. All that he is saying was that he did not seek to get white votes by pandering to the worst elements of the white society. If there is a racial divide then it was not Obama's fault as he did not cause it. He also seemed to work quite well with whites both here and in Europe.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

Obama said that they needed to find a way to get the white southern voters with out giving up on the Dems stance on civil rights.

Why would they have to give up anything?

edit on 10-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
Why don't you start with government forms,every one has you state race or creed,liberal programs aimed for a certain race,get rid of equal oportunity programs,used to be what you could do,not who you were,we are supposed to be a united country.let's act like one

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

For sure. The list could be incredibly long. I was merely addressing the individuals mentioned in the opening.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You mean like this?

www.zombietime.com...

Ridiculous right?!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: Swills

I'm sure conservatives attacking him by calling him a Kenyan born Muslim have nothing at all to do with race.

Obama's dad is from Kenya and Obama spent a lot of time growing up in a Muslim country. I don't think race was as big a factor in the name calling as were the circumstances of Obama's past. You don't see conservatives calling most black people Kenyan Muslims, because it doesn't fit the profile the way it did Obama.

Kenya is actually 84.8% Xtian with 9.8% Islam. Wikipedia is your friend.

The Tea partiers was happy to sling racial epithets. Obama suffered a lot of racism the 2012 election was run on racial pokes. Then there was the birther movement of which Mr Ugly stirred up.Then there was the rubbish about his wife being transsexual. I think she is beautiful and a credit to America!.
edit on 10-1-2017 by Tiger5 because: edit

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5

Kenya is actually 84.8% Xtian with 9.8% Islam. Wikipedia is your friend.

You obviously don't know much about Obama, he grew up in Indonesia for 4 years. Indonesia is nearly 90% Muslim, clearly Wikipedia is not your friend.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

*blink blink*

wow

To nice to combat it? I'd say he did draw on Wright's influence, and got what he wanted, which was to make things worse!!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You obviously never read any conservative media. Conservatives are never the racist. It is just contrary to everything they believe. Stop allowing the liberal media to make up your mind for you and go find some real conservative publications. I don't consider myself a conservative, but would gladly have one as a friend. Can't say the same about a liberal.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy
Ok Ya got me there your at the first person on ATS to do so!

Obama was in Indonesia from age 6 to 10. So what does that prove? Do you think he got programmed to be an Islamic fundamentalist in that time? So how come he is a Xtian or was that a cunning plan? What about the American kids that live or were even born in London (which some idiots call "Londonistan"?? In fact how many kids aged between 6 and 10 do you want to scrutinise in general? What happens is the kid's parents are Criminals do you then infer that they need t be scrutinised?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join