It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama Was Too Nice To Combat Racism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Obama was too nice to combat racism, says Slate Chief Correspondent Jamelle Bouie. He wasn't as radical as his pastor Rev. Wright who was a real easy going guy.

President Barack Obama was just too nice to combat racism in America, according to Slate’s top reporter on race relations.

Slate Chief Political Correspondent Jamelle Bouie asserts that Obama wasn’t as radical as his pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Bouie asserts that the appropriate way for Obama to combat the nation’s racism was to draw more from Wright’s influence.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

Obama feels there has been progress. Obama won't damn America like Wright did, so he isn't angry enough to make the changes needed in America.

The article goes on to bemoan Obama’s trust in the American people. “Progress has been made, argues Obama,” the article continued. “We are no longer bound to the past. And in making that case, Obama also presents himself as fundamentally different from Wright.”

“He will not damn America,” Bouie wrote, referencing Rev. Wright’s now infamous “God daRN America” sermon given in 2003. “He believes in it. He trusts is. He is black, yes, but he doesn’t hold Wright’s grievance-Wright’s anger.”

Racism is a fundamental feature of American democracy. Like when you vote for a person just becasue of their race, because it is time, or the same goes for voting for a person because of their sex.

Bouie goes on to say that Obama’s courtesy is inadequate in the wake of President-elect Donald Trump’s support. Obama can’t seem to understand the simple truth that “racism is a fundamental feature” of American democracy.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
He didn't combat it, he amplified it.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Barack Obama, Jeremaiah Wright, Jamelle Bouie
All three are horrible racists, and do not even care for race relations to improve. Rather, they prefer division and hatred.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Obama was too nice to combat racism, says Slate Chief Correspondent Jamelle Bouie.

There's no way to combat racism. You can't change people's minds. Racism will disappear on its own, once people are not forced into racism by institutional laws.

The reason why there were racial laws in the past, was to artificially maintain racism. To prevent racism from vanishing due to natural causes.

People, left to themselves, become non-racist.

But, it only happens as the older generations die off, and the newer generations take their place.

Racism dies with the people who were taught to be racists from their youth.

So, concentrate on the laws, and leave the people alone.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well the Nobel peace prize winner was too busy waging war somewhere in the world every single day of his 8 years in office that and all that golf there was no time left for silly domestic issues.(sarcasm)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

Obama was good for each of their perspective businesses.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Put a lot'O miles on them drones too.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Maybe, but I can tell you when I go through certain nice areas and bad areas there are plenty of young people who don't fit your mold.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be good if the President got daily briefings on Detroit,Dallas,Philadephia,Chicago and Los Angeles as versus Benghazi,Tripoli,Mosul and the imaginary creations of the intelligence services

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
i have a question....how exactly do you combat racism? how do you fight discrimination on a psychological level? that sounds to me like thought policing. treading dangerous ground there.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Maybe I am a little tired, but are you saying the info from the middle East is bunk?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You can't fight or combat racism. You can raise your kids to understand that peoples actions are not a direct result of the color of their skin.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Maybe, but I can tell you when I go through certain nice areas and bad areas there are plenty of young people who don't fit your mold.

This change doesn't happen in a single generation.

We inherit our ideas, beliefs, and prejudices from our parents and grandparents. And also from the social network we have that was formed through the generations of people of same mindset interacting.

There's no quick fix.

After maybe 50 generations, racism will vanish. At 30 years per generation, thats about 1500 years from today.

The influence of our ancestors on our current mindset is very profound.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Just stop making up lies to justify wars in this case I was speaking of Russia nobody believes a word the USA says anymore...sorry close to thread drift I visited the USA in 1982 and 2014 at that stage id say many Americans had given up the ghost but I have hope this divide and rule nonsense is going to be met head on soon

edit on 9-1-2017 by khnum because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2017 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Yes, I can see what you are saying. Plus with the inter racial marriages that will move it along as well.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm sure conservatives attacking him by calling him a Kenyan born Muslim have nothing at all to do with race. From where I sit, it's conservatives who fuel the race war and that's because conservatives love war whether it's supporting actual war or a war on drugs or class warfare or a war on gun owners or a war on Christmas. War, war, war!

In any case, yeah Obama just wouldn't shut up about how bad he had it being black, or white, since he's multi-cultured. If only he just shut his mouth and stop fueling right wing media outlets, conservative blogs & news aggregators, and conspiracy theorists this Race War wouldn't be underway!

Thanks Obama!
edit on 9-1-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: KEACHI

Barack Obama, Jeremaiah Wright, Jamelle Bouie
All three are horrible racists, and do not even care for race relations to improve. Rather, they prefer division and hatred.
Don't forget Rev. Jesse Jackson.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Obama the conservative.
Here’s How Many Bombs the US Military Dropped in 2016 – and Where They Went

U.S. dropped some 26,171 bombs across all its weapons platforms, on targets in seven different countries
finance.yahoo.com...
edit on 9-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

No sand dune is safe

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

As long as groups continue to live up to their own stereotypes, racism will always be there.

Especially when those stereotypes are of violence and criminality and especially if its in their nature.

That scares people and justifiably so.

There is practicality to racism in some cases.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join