It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chanca Peidra - The Stone Breaker or Crusher – For Kidney Stones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
What is Chanca Peidra?

Well it’s nothing short of a miracle herb in my book. As people on ATS know I will not post any herbs that I have not tried, or had excellent results with myself. Meaning they actually work, so this is my story.

People that have “Kidney Stones” typically claim it’s the worst pain they have ever experienced, while in the Kidney, and passing one. Big Pharma and the medical professionals charge anywhere from a couple thousand dollars, to tens of thousands of dollars to remove them, plus people have to go through a litany of test before they can render a proper diagnosis, which can cost thousands.

Now why am I posting this information?

Well even though I consider myself in excellent shape, and eat well I got a pain in my kidney during the holidays. I thought it was a pulled muscle or something, but as time passed the pain and the burning got worse; I figured from the symptoms it must be a Kidney Stone(s). I was being diligent in my self-diagnosis, and decided I would attempt to rid them with natural remedies. What did I have to lose since Chanca Peidra has very few side effects for most people.

***( IF YOU ARE PREGNANT DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT ) ( Anyone with pre-existing medical conditions should research negatives before use) ***

www.webmd.com...

For many years I have known about Chanca Peidra, but never had the circumstances to warrant its use, or even try it, but as I lay on my right side, at night, and the pain increasing with every day I thought it was time.

I ordered two forms of the herb. The first was a tincture based in alcohol, and the second was the ground up herb itself. Also if you decide to order, or use this herb make sure your sources are reputable and you have read some reviews on their product.

Day one: the herbs arrived and just in time because the pain was getting pretty intense, so I opened the tincture and put 30 drops into distilled water, around 3pm, in the afternoon. Within about an hour I noticed the pain had dropped to about 50% of what it was.
In between doses I was drinking approximately 32 ounces, or about 1 liter of water or lemon water ( concentrate lemon juice ) add to taste.

Chanca Piedra is a diuretic so drink lots and lots of water.

My next dose would be at about 9pm 30 drops into eight ounces of water. What came next was nothing short of amazing about 11pm the pain had almost gone away, so it appears Chanca Piedra not only rids the stones, but also alleviates the pain pretty quickly without pain-pills.

Day 2: Followed the same routine but I spaced the doses out about 6 hours apart, and still drank my 1 liter of lemon water in between each dose. I ate my normal meals, nothing to change or add there.

At about 3 am I got up to urinate, and low and behold………………………………………..the tiny stone passed actually painlessly, but I have heard that for some it’s a bit more intense.

I continued the herb for 3 weeks and nothing else passed, so I believe the one stone was the issue.

Is Chanca Piedra Just for Kidney Stones? Nope!

Ok now to the herb and info on Chanca Piedra and plenty of links for backing up my reasons for choosing this amazing herb. There is so much excellent research on this herb, so I'll basically post a couple. Google it for more info.

www.herballegacy.com...

Research done in Brazil at the Federal University of Santa Catarina in 1984 on Chanca Piedra revealed an alkaloid (phyllanthoside) in the leaves and stem with strong antispasmodic activity. It served as a relaxing agent for smooth muscles and they concluded that its spasmolytic action probably accounted for the efficacy of Chanca Piedra in expelling stones.

Gallstones and kidney stones are a major health problem in the United States. In fact, 20,000,000 in the U.S. suffer from gallstones and medical doctors treat 600,000 each year for this condition. With the introduction of Chanca Piedra, health care practitioners have acquired a powerful plant ally in helping their patients to maintain optimal kidney, gall bladder, liver, and bladder health.

Kidney stones are formed when urine becomes too concentrated-usually due to chronic dehydration, infection, various kidney disorders, deficiencies in magnesium, and excess purines or oxalates in the diet.

oawhealth.com...

Can also be used in conjunction with people that get the stones broken down with shockwave therapy.

Health benefits of chanca piedra, also known as phyllanthus niruri, are many. Chanca piedra is a common tropical plant found in areas along the coast as well as the Amazon rainforest. It is widespread, with spreading tendencies much like common weeds. Phyllathus niruri is also known by the more common names of stonebreaker or seed-under-leaf.

edit on 9-1-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Jan 11 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: spelling corrected, per OP request

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Oh, yes. Kidney stones are serious serious pain. I'm curious why the diabetes restriction. I read trough kinda fast. Do you know the answer here?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It is a diuretic, lowers blood sugar apparently.

The diuretic I can vouch for because I noticed my eyes were dry during its use, the others are just what I read online.

People with pre-existing medical issues can use herbs, but with caution, and this one is no different.
edit on 9-1-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the info!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
As someone who has gallstones (though hasn't had an "episode" in two years now), I appreciate this information and thank you for it!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Well I have had more kidneystones than I can count. What I do know is that in the past very few if any herbal remedies work.

I understand you passed a stone but you may have had a stone small enough that it did not give you the pain that most people suffer from a kidney stone.

You didn't have a scan or ultra sound so there was and is no way of you knowing what size the stone was to start.

I've done all the youtube remedies and what it comes down to is drinking redicilous amounts of water to flush the stone out...for me it's percocet and ibuprofin. I've had the heaviest of medicine injections that include morphine to combat the pain at the ER. I'm not crapping on your theory I'm just dubious about an immediate cure/relief from kidney stones from an herbal medicine unless it numbs you up.

Luckily for me I can feel or see the signs before the real fun begins. The pain usually starts in the groin or I see blood in my urine. At that point I'm calling the doctor or making a fast break to the ER. It's also hereditary in my family.

I've also looked for herbal remedies for gray hair that people swear by on youtube and like the majority of them they do nothing. I can say the same thing for oregano oil and sinus infections...again the stuff is just not reliable..I've done a lot of herbal remedy stuff and pissed away a lot of money in the past.

I will say that recently I have tried Kratom for some aches and pains and seems to work really well but this is not an herb I would do every day. Really really relaxes me.

It's not uncommon for people to just repeat what other people have said without any proof. When it comes to herbal supplements it's really hard to prove what works because it's seldom a specific dose or they hardly ever tell you how long you should do things for.

edit on 9-1-2017 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2017 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Excellent OP.

Never had a kidney stone myself but I recall in nursing school we were told it was the next closest pain to childbirth you can get. Sure it depends on the size and amount you have still it has to be very uncomfortable.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Very interesting. I looked up some of the chemicals in it and recognized four or five of the names I have been investigating. I wonder What chemistry in it actually breaks the kidney stones.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

I'm not crapping on your theory I'm just dubious about an immediate cure/relief from kidney stones from an herbal medicine unless it numbs you up.

I understand that there are different types of kidney stones, so I'm not certain something like this would be a broad-spectrum answer, or if someone has multiples, but I have seen some excellent reviews online for people passing them.

And also some people that were very disappointed with zero results of passing the stones.

For me since I don't have health insurance anymore due to ObamaCare, I have to get creative.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Kidney's don't have any nerves, the pain you experienced was lumbago.
Good try though.

The pain experienced from kidney stones is usually caused by nerves in the urinary tract.
edit on 10-1-2017 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Kidney's don't have any nerves, the pain you experienced was lumbago.
Good try though.

The pain experienced from kidney stones is usually caused by nerves in the urinary tract.

You would be partially correct. The intense pain is typically caused by a stone that has, or is started to drop in the urinary tract. The kidney's do have nerves however.

www.urology-textbook.com...

Innervation of the kidney The renal plexus is located around the renal artery and contains postganglionic fibers from the sympathetic nervous system (Th10 to L2). The nerve fibers from the plexus enter the kidney with the branches of the renal artery and regulate the vascular tone and the secretion of renin.

edit on 10-1-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

To dissolve urinary stone, the best approach is to modify urine pH accordingly to the kind of stone you have. Uric acid/amorphous urate dissolve in basic urine. Phosphate and struvite will dissolve in acidic urine.

The main problem is with Ca Oxalate, a frequent stones component that will not dissolve at any reasonable urine pH. It often serve as a kind of ciment for an agregate of other stone forming products.

For Ca Oxalate, check Hydroxycitric Acid, it have proven capable to break molecular structure of Ca Oxalate crystal, even in an oxalate concentrated urine.

If you ever have the chance, put a Ca Oxalate stone under a microscope using epi-illumination, you will understand why they are painfull!

Would be interesting to know if the carboxylic acid content of Chancha Peidra include Hydroxycitric Acid.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Kidney's don't have any nerves...

Well, I can tell you that when having a clogged drain in a kidney and an incompetent nurse trying to unclog it by pressurizing using a syringe, even under morphine perfusion, your eye will want to pop out when the pulse of pressure reach the kidney.

Ask a boxer what a strong hit at a kidney can do...

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cofactor
Would be interesting to know if the carboxylic acid content of Chancha Peidra include Hydroxycitric Acid.

Interesting you bring this up because a website I had found a few months back talked about this, It's a fruit that contains the acid.

articles.mercola.com...

Hydroxycitrate From the Garcinia Cambogia: Possible Kidney Stone Prevention The study, published in Nature4 in mid-2016, described the development of the kidney stone supplement, an extract of a compound called hydroxycitrate from the Asian garcinia cambogia fruit, also known as Malabar tamarind.

Hydroxycitrate is capable, under certain conditions, of not only dissolving the crystals but also inhibiting their growth. If all goes as they hope, hydroxycitrate would be the most dramatic advance in treating kidney stones in three decades.

And for the bio-geeks.....

edit on 11-1-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I'm not a fan of Mercola but sometime he provide very good material.

Citrate anions (and Hydroxycitrate) all have the property to inhibit crystal formation in the urine, but Hydroxycitrates are in addition capable to dissolve Ca Oxalate crystals.

Like the article said, Ca Oxalate is a frequent component of kidney stone, but not the only one. The first thing to do if anyone have stones (beside proper hydratation) is to do frequent check of urine pH and use one of those urine analysis dipstick to check for other abnormalities like an infection. Seeing your doc at first is a must to screen other possible kidney conditions that would affect abnormally urine pH.

It is possible to get rid of kidney stone for good if someone is a "stone former", but the cause must be found first. Simply surgically removing them and following reductionist medical advise like lowering Ca intake will not prevent stone recurrence.

There exist no magic pills and Hydroxycitrates is no exception. Also it must be said that dissolution of kidney stones may involve fracturation into fragments that will jam the ureter and induce hydronephrosis, a dangerous and painfull medical condition that require a trip to the ER.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Fair enough

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

top topics

join