It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain Of Mars and Venus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Mars brain, Venus brain

Once someone said; " Men are from Mars and woman from Venus or more to the fact, it was a titled book written by American author and relationship counselor John Gray.

The book states that most common relationship problems between men and women are a result of fundamental psychological differences between the sexes, which the author exemplifies by means of its eponymous metaphor: that men and women are from distinct planets—men from Mars and women from Venus
Wikipedia

Mars brain, Venus brain: John Gray at TEDxBend

Modern science has shown our brains maybe arent that different, in the mid 19th century researcher told that they;" Clearly could see the difference between a male and a female brain by just examining it". I on the other hand dont believe we can separate things that easily, and i do believe clearly science was there just to prove a biased opinion trying to stereotype woman into selective labor. It fit the paradigm easily of the time and age.
--

Are brains male or female?

So in a new study in 2015, researchers led by Daphna Joel, a behavioral neuroscientist at Tel Aviv University in Israel, tried to be as comprehensive as possible. Using existing sets of MRI brain images, they measured the volume of gray matter (the dark, knobby tissue that contains the core of nerve cells) and white matter (the bundles of nerve fibers that transmit signals around the nervous system) in the brains of more than 1400 individuals. They also studied data from diffusion tensor imaging, which shows how tracts of white matter extend throughout the brain, connecting different regions.

ScienceMag

TEDxJaffa -- Daphna Joel -- Are brains male or female?

And just to point out what Behavorial "Science" is ;

"Behavioral neuroscience as a scientific discipline emerged from a variety of scientific and philosophical traditions in the 18th and 19th centuries
"
Behavorial Science

Seems like ideas could become science in themselves, if we believe in them enough, wonderful world of dogma, all there is to it is belief.

Most of research conducted in this time and age, is based on metaphysical concept of establishing the "Best of worlds" only problem lies with when empirical data based on behavior is the perimeter and not physiology based on genetic differences. Im pretty sure nature made biological differences of the sexes, and im pretty sure stereotyping different sexes was not part of the equation. Im not sure behavior in society or any social structure can define male or female brain based after the neolithic dawn on civilisation. Meaning ;"As long as you have food around you can change any culture into what you want".
--

What makes us Different

A study, of 46 participants (25 female and 21 male) participants were exposed to images that evoked positive, negative, or neutral emotions while undergoing fMRI brain scans. Participants were also asked to review their emotional responses when looking at the images.

Overall, women reported being more reactive to the emotional images. Meanwhile, higher levels of testosterone were most frequently associated with lowered sensitivity to the images, while higher estrogen levels, regardless of the person’s sex, almost always meant increased sensitivity.

When looking at the brain’s reaction to the images, the researchers found that the dorsomedial prefrontal cortex (dmPFC) and amygdala on the right hemisphere of the brain were activated in both sexes when viewing the images. However, the connection between these two parts of the brain was found to be stronger in men, leading to more interaction between the two parts and further decreased sensitivity to emotional stimuli.

The researchers explained that the reactions of amygdala and the dmPFC say a lot about how a person processes emotion. The amygdala is known as the part of the brain that detects threat, and often fires when a person is exposed to fear or sadness, while the dmPFC helps process social interactions and mediates perception, emotions, and reasoning.

“A stronger connection between these areas in men suggests they have a more analytical than emotional approach when dealing with negative emotions,” said Stéphane Potvin, associate professor at the University of Montreal’s Department of Psychiatry.

Researchers also observed that testosterone made this connection between the amygdala and dmPFC stronger.
MedicalDaily

Our differences i believe, like most already know, is between the ages of 12-35(+-), then the male testosteron begins to lower. Reasoning, social interaction, emotions. What happens if a person, a male, never learned to cope with becoming a "woman" since living as a male for nearly two decades made him stereotypical in his behavior. "Act as a man, be a man" Maybe Nature never intended a human male to live after the age of thirty five, maybe the male time span is only for thirty five years. After that, i believe we become what we once were before the age of thirteen. Image processing, neurons firing of in our brain. Our differences might look the same under the skin, but im pretty sure nature intended us to be different, despite what people want to believe.
--

Source

Men are From Mars and Women from Venus
The brains of Men and Woman
Behavorial Neuroscience
Medical Daily

edit on 201719 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It's a lot of 90's psychobabble. Men and Women have different brains, but not that different.

The biggest differences between men and women can be fairly well-explained by the simple fact that men and women have different bodies and must respond to their environment accordingly. Women are made to have babies. Men are built to impregnate them. As a result, women are physically less strong than men, and have to use their brains more than their muscles to get what they want. Sex is far more "expensive" for women. For men, it's a quick wham, bam, thank you ma'am. For women, they risk more disease, and they risk being impregnated which could not only kill them, but might certainly cost them many years of their lives until their offspring can take care of themselves.

That is undoubtedly going to create different ways of thinking between men and women, without having to jump through the hoops of "divergent brain chemistry and function."
edit on 9-1-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I believe they look alike, but testosteron as i posted above makes a huge difference in processing information and also the pathways, neurons, dopamine. So the same until the age of 12, until they hit puberty then Men transform, about two years after, the structure of the brain is also altered.

So you are stating physiology dictates different thinking? I thought it was dopamine, oxytocin and endorphins that altered our brain since our physiology is dictated by our genetic preferences.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang
I've read your OP and watched both the videos. Nicely presented thread.

What I can't figure out though is what point you are trying to make? Could you please elaborate?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Dont demand to much of a male between a certain age, they will eventually mature blooming to a strong woman.. ( sounded so weird )

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

( sounded so weird )

Sounds weird and makes even less sense. I have no idea what you are trying to say. I'm old and a little thick sometimes so maybe you can help me out and come up with something that does make sense.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Our brains, are different from a certain age.. And later stages in life men start to feel more, and have less urges..

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Our brains, are different from a certain age.. And later stages in life men start to feel more, and have less urges..

Oh, well then never mind. I thought there might be something deeper that you were digging for other than the obvious.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

No just stating the obvious in a field of behavioural science, common sense, it's tragic when you have to prove common sense as a science to discredit ideals

top topics

join