It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i think i have realised another truth....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
i have a theory, i do believe that abduction cases and alien sightings, sightings of God, Jesus and anything else that has been genuinely sited is related to the persons belief in the thing and the thing does appear to them, maybe as a part of their own imagination or as part of another dimension or realm or whatever. The problem i had with this way of thinking was why dont people see Santa Clause then or any of those Happy things, and so it was obvious all sightings must have one thing in common, they are all related to fear, people fear redemption for being bad, they fear the bogeyman they fear Aliens, but i dont know anyone that fears Santa Clause..
edit on 9-1-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Me too!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

lets hear yours then i love hearing truths...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Hi Dav,

Question:
How do you explain mass sightings, police chases of UFOs across many counties, the Phoenix Lights case, and other similar cases? How do things like that fit into your theory?

Just curious.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: repairguyt

Hi Dav,

Question:
How do you explain mass sightings, police chases of UFOs across many counties, the Phoenix Lights case, and other similar cases? How do things like that fit into your theory?

Just curious.

In the old days, anything that you could not easily understand was either God or the Devil.

Now its Aliens or Black Projects.

How about a logical approach, I am interested and I do not know the answer as yet. I need more data.

Just because we can not explain something does not mean it has to be Aliens.

It is more likely to be teenage Pixies messing with us for Lols.

P

edit on 9/1/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It's Peter Pan!
It's always been Peter Pan.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: repairguyt

i wish i could explain the collective unconscious and its power, but we are all connected.
so if people are all camped out looking for aliens because they "believe" in them well they could
all see the same thing, whether its real or imaginary thats the question..

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I think your comment about the Pixies is probably pretty close to the mark.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

so if people are all camped out looking for aliens because they "believe" in them well they could all see the same thing, whether its real or imaginary thats the question..

No. I've never seen 30 policeman "camped out looking" for anything, except bad guys. Also, the many thousands of people in Phoenix weren't camping either.

Honestly try to explain it to me and stop messing with my head please.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Crop circles come to mind . Not relating to the OP but

It is more likely to be teenage Pixies messing with us for Lols. P

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

ok since you said please, i will say what i think to that.............. hmmm probably Archons!
Or how i like to call them Archoles...
Those pesky intelligent space parasites can pretty much create anything in those skies above your head.
remember but, "there really is nothing to fear but fear itself" F.D.R.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
on a side note i truly am in the belief that anything is possible, and put a percentage of probability on just about everything.
for example, are there aliens out there 99% probable, have they visited earth hmmm a dunno 50/50 maybe. is the queen a lizard about 10% maybe (fun to contemplate though)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Maybe because those other things may be real but Santa is not?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

and i you want a more logical reason here a little snippet of Mass Hysteria via Wikipedia.en.wikipedia.org...
In sociology and psychology, mass hysteria (also known as collective hysteria, group hysteria, or collective obsessional behavior) is a phenomenon that transmits collective illusions of threats, whether real or imaginary, through a population in society as a result of rumors and fear (memory acknowledgment).

notice that word "fear" again

edit on 9-1-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Can you provide sources to your claims that 30 policemen chased a UFO together? Or even alone?

And probably each case could be explained by something, just cause they're in a uniform... it doesn't automatically make them a trustworthy source. They could have been drunk, drugged, hypnotized, dreaming, or seeing drone lights, a weather balloon, a floating lantern, and etc. UFO just means unidentified. Not necessarily alien.

Mass sightings can very well be mass hallucinations, hypnotic suggestions, mob mentality and psychology stuff all there. Magicians make entire buildings dissapear for entire audiences and etc.

The collective unconscious or whatever is more likely than aliens imo. I think the OP is onto something.
edit on 9-1-2017 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Doesn't work for me that way... What of all the people that DONT believe in any of these...at all? Until THEY experience them 1st hand?

In fact... that's exactly how many observers who previously would argue completely against he existence of these... Until they have their own "I would NEVER have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes! " experiences...come TO believe...

That would negate your theory here....

MS
edit on 9-1-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise
Link

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
OP, I think that you are definitely on to something.

The reason Santa Claus doesn't fit in the theory, I think, is that we as grown ups know that he is a fictional character. We know for certain that a meeting with Santa Claus is impossible, just as a meeting with Donald Duck is impossible.

My 5 year old kid, however, saw Santa Claus in the forest. I was with him at the time, didn't see anything.

My guess is that people who has a close encounter with, lets say, an angel WITHOUT believing in God, on an unconscious level is open to the idea of its existence. The same goes with close encounters with aliens. People experience "something", but it manifests in different ways depending on the individuals belief.

Mass sigthings of UFO:s does not debunk this theory. Those people have obviously seen something, but what that something is - is an other issue.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Could be true nice theory , after all its all in DA mind no real 'aliens' .

Most People started talking about abductions because they were afraid and needed some help.

What about the 'happy' alien abductions... pleiadians and such ? Also imagine if anyone would talk about being abducted by Santa that's a oneway trip to the george loony bin isn't it ? ( also a lot of kids fear Santa clause )

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
...whether its real or imaginary thats the question..

Actually, all Reality is 'imaginary', 'make-believe'!
In this all inclusive 'make-believe' Reality, everything exists!
The notion of Real or not/imaginary is completely fallacious and moot!
Everything is Real! *__-

top topics

<<   2 >>

join