It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hugo Chavez Makes Sexual Remarks About Condi Rice

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Whether or not this incident was blown out of proportion or not is another story. According to the sources, the comments that were made were inappropriate. I for one don't know if Chavez was serious, because according to the statement itself it sounds like it was made in a joking fashion. An inappropriate joke yes, not in the best taste, but it still sounds like it was meant to be "funny" to me. "Rice? She needs to get married, to anyone but me, ha ha ha" That kind of thing. Not very funny, but yeah.

So it's really not the comment itself that's bothering me. What's bothering me is some of the reactions from people here.

Sorry- she's playing in the big leagues with the bad boys. She should be able to defend herself, if she cant, she's not fit for the job. Someone in her powerful position(there's something wrong with her too) should be able to chew them up and spit them out no problem.

I dont pity a woman in her position and with her agenda.

This is vile. Also known as sick, wrong, demented and deranged.

Do you believe that a woman cop who gets attacked by a large male perp deserves what happens to her because she's "playing in the big leagues"? Do you believe that women who broke down barriers by joining the armed forces a little while back deserved to be hazed and harassed by the men there because they are "playing in the big leagues".

No of course you don't believe that, because I'll go out on a limb here and assume you to be a civilized person with a heart.

So why the difference in this case? Well your last line sums it up. You don't pity a person in her position with her agenda. In other words, two points. One, you don't believe that a woman who acheives a powerful position is human any long. And two, you believe that anyone who's political ideology you disagree with deserves whatever people throw at them. That is sick.

Last time I checked this was the 21st century, not the 1920s. Women don't have to tolerate inappropriate jokes in the workplace among colleagues anymore. I would think that a member who always screams about the Bush administration walking on people's rights would agree with this. Chavez made a stupid joke that he shouldn't have. Who cares. Your position however is a whole lot worse than any joke he made. You'd set us back a century in civil rights if it was up to you.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
This is vile. Also known as sick, wrong, demented and deranged.

I totally disagree. This woman is the biggest ball breaker I've ever seen. She's the freakin' Secretary of State now!!!!! What's good for the goose is good for the gander. What's vile is the way she and others try to justify all this administrations mistakes. She has no accountabilty whatsoever. She's not who this country needs in that position right now.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
for me this is about who i should believe...a mexican or black person....this is a gut-wrenching decision

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Here's the video containing the Fox News report of the incident:

Foxnews.com

It doesn't sound like it was made in a joking fashion from the report.

mod edit: shortened link with BBCode

[edit on 31-1-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
There is absolutey no sexual conotations in his statement; it's been blown out of porportion: Chaves simply does not want Rice and her diplomacy in his part of the world.

Deep

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
There is absolutey no sexual conotations in his statement; it's been blown out of porportion: Chaves simply does not want Rice and her diplomacy in his part of the world.

Deep

It's amazing how you can come this conclusion. I guess you either didn't read anything or see the video.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

What's vile is the way she and others try to justify all this administrations mistakes.

Sadly you missed the point.

DG and now yourself have both decided that if you disagree with someone politically that means it is open season on them in any way shape or form.

I'm glad everyone is revealing themselves today.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join