It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to name son-in-law Jared Kushner as special adviser

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Have you read this?

How Jared Kushner Won Trump The White House

www.forbes.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
He'd be taking a yuge pay cut to hop on board. Advisers top out at 172K

I don't really have a problem with the ethics for a role like this one. It's not like he's hiring some booger-rolling nephew just so they can have a paycheck and it's not a role that wields any real power. And like any law, it's open to interpretation.

If he advises Trump to stop tweeting and he takes that advice... money well spent, IMO

edit on 1.9.2017 by Zarniwoop because: spelling

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Let's also list some of the other shady dealings by this administration so far. Again, he isn't even president yet.

1. Trump fires all Ambassadors and Special Envoys, ordering them out by inauguration day.
2. House brings back the Holman rule allowing them to reduce an individual civil service, SES positions, or political appointee's salary to $1, effectively firing them by amendment to any piece of legislation. We now know why they wanted names and positions of people in Energy and State.
3. Senate schedules 6 simultaneous hearings on cabinet nominees and triple-books those hearings with Trump's first press conference in months and an ACA budget vote, effectively preventing any concentrated coverage or protest.
4. House GOP expressly forbids the Congressional Budget Office from reporting or tracking ANY costs related to the repeal of the ACA.
5. Trump continues to throw the intelligence community under the bus to protect Putin, despite the growing mountain of evidence that the Russians deliberately interfered in our election.
6. Trump breaks a central campaign promise to make Mexico pay for the wall by asking Congress (in other words, us, the taxpayers) to pay for it.
7. Trump threatens Toyota over a new plant that was never coming to the US nor will take jobs out of the US.
8. House passes the REINS act, giving them veto power over any rules enacted by any federal agency or department--for example, FDA or EPA bans a drug or pesticide, Congress can overrule based on lobbyists not science. Don't like that endangered species designation, Congress kills it.

Disaster in the making, folks.

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Have you read this?

www.forbes.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

He'd be taking a yuge pay cut to hop on board.

So he and the wife can make millions down the road.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Laws are meant to be challenged and tested, which is essentially what this appointment will do.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Clinton appointed Hillary to some staff position and it was ruled legal as I remember.

This might apply to Trump as well.

But I think it's just more tangents coming from Trump to send the opposition into a frenzy.

He has been good at that tactic so far.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

So he and the wife can make millions down the road.

He's already doing that ... he's worth an estimated 200 million.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well, it apparently angered a lot of Trump supporters. Let's disregard the Clintons. Even if they just blew their noses the members of this site would call for their executions. There's at least one fairly large thread about how Bernie is corrupt because he hired his family. I have also seen it pop up in unrelated thread.

I'm not entirely sure if this is the thread I'm looking for, but the irony is certainly delicious.

Sanders and Wife Steered Campaign, Nonprofit Money to Family and Friends

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Here it is.

"5 U.S. § code 3110

(b) A public official may not appoint, employ, promote, advance, or advocate for appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement, in or to a civilian position in the agency in which he is serving or over which he exercises jurisdiction or control any individual who is a relative of the public official. An individual may not be appointed, employed, promoted, or advanced in or to a civilian position in an agency if such appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement has been advocated by a public official, serving in or exercising jurisdiction or control over the agency, who is a relative of the individual.
(c) An individual appointed, employed, promoted, or advanced in violation of this section is not entitled to pay, and money may not be paid from the Treasury as pay to an individual so appointed, employed, promoted, or advanced."

So does this mean as long as his son in-law doesn't take any pay from the government it's okay?

ETA SOURCE

edit on 1/9/2017 by Alien Abduct because: Added source

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
"If the president does it, it isn't illegal."- Richard Nixon

This is the attitude you support by not having a problem with this. Think about that.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Let's be fair. It's not like the Congress won't overturn this law. So, Trump and his son-in-law both turn their companies over to Ivanka. She more or less acts as a launderer for that money. At the same time the son-in-law also takes his government salary. I won't surprised if Trump does the same as well. Despite his claim that he won't take his Presidential salary, we won't know if that's the case until 2018. At which point most people will have forgot he ever said such a thing/not care he said such a thing.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if all the billionaires he's appointing aren't playing a similar con job.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't care if every member of his family works for him.

We need jobs.

We need Security.

We need a growing economy.

Let the man take a shot at creating jobs.

You would have to be really selfish to want to keep the status quo.

I get it, cause you are doing well screw everyone else.

We need jobs. Not more of your selfish drivel.

Give the guy whatever he needs to fix this mess.

edit on 9-1-2017 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

The president can't create jobs. You should look to your local representative why there are no jobs in your state and area. The president can sign law presented to him. I just don't understand how you believe Trump installing his family in the government head will create jobs. Picking winners and losers with special favors is not policy.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You would have to be really selfish to want to keep the status quo.

And yet Trump and most of his appointees depend on the status quo for their money. Do you really think any of them are so selfless that they will risk millions/billions for a government paycheck?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Would the real Anti-Christ, please step forward!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Have you read this?

www.forbes.com...

That was a great read! Behind-the-scenes stories like that are fun to read. Jared has great instincts, just like his Father-In-Law. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

The president can't create jobs. You should look to your local representative why there are no jobs in your state and area. The president can sign law presented to him. I just don't understand how you believe Trump installing his family in the government head will create jobs. Picking winners and losers with special favors is not policy.

Have you even watched the news today ?

Trump got the Owner of Ali-Baba to promise 1 million new jobs.

American jobs. We need jobs to offset people sponging of us.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

And where does most of that tax money go? China.

And let's not forget Alibaba's biggest competitor is Amazon. If Alibaba actually grows to the point where they can create 1,000,000 jobs. At that point how many jobs does Amazon need to cut due to loss of market share?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: MOMof3

Have you even watched the news today ?

Trump got the Owner of Ali-Baba to promise 1 million new jobs.

American jobs. We need jobs to offset people sponging of us.

So throwing some hypothetical jobs at the public makes it ok for the president to pick and choose which laws to follow? Good to know.

Trump hasn't created ####, he hasn't even been sworn in yet. The irony isn't lost on me that when the news reports the Ali-Baba thing they're telling the truth, but its all "fake news" when its critical of him.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I am still researching that. As someone else posted it will probably take other jobs. Just the kind of deal we do not want. I think letting the president decide who can buy and who can sell is dangerous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join