It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL reason Russian hacking is important "this time"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Assange actually said he had some stuff about the RNC but there was no point in 'leaking it' as it's all been released via msm.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Gothmog

Assange actually said he had some stuff about the RNC but there was no point in 'leaking it' as it's all been released via msm.

And that is another poinbt. We know the press does its due diligence when it comes to the RNC which is likely why there was nothing to release. The press takes their job seriously on that score, but thanks to the DNC leaks we know why: the press is an operating arm of the DNC in all but name, so of course there was lot of dirt to be dug there. The press is in collusion and has't been doing their job when it comes to the DNC or its campaings.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

that's a whole other ball of wax. And one that should be in the spotlight long before we spank Putin for pointing it out.
But who is going to report on that?.........//cue the crickets........

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Some response from the Kremlin:

Moscow has slammed the recent ODNI report which claims Russia hacked the US elections. The Kremlin spokesman said it was “reminiscent of a witch hunt,” adding that Moscow is “tired” of “amateurish” US hacking intelligence. Moscow is “seriously tired of these accusations,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Monday. “It truly is reminiscent of a witch hunt.” “This publication has not added any substance for comment. From our point of view, groundless accusations backed by nothing sound, fairly amateur, on an emotional level, which can hardly apply to highly-professional work of truly highly-qualified intelligence agencies," Peskov told reporters.

Last week, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) released a report titled ‘Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections.’ The unclassified version of the report did not provide any concrete evidence of Russian interference. The US intelligence community has accused Russia of aiding the victory of Donald Trump, at the same time acknowledging that “Russian intervention" did not in the end affect the outcome of the elections. “We understand that our American counterparts throughout different stages of history went through such phases of ‘witch hunting.’ We remember those periods of history. We know also that they are replaced by more sober experts, a more sober approach, based on dialogue rather than emotional fits," he concluded.

Some harsh home truths for American Intelligence services. The response of treating the US govt as whiny children and totally amateur in the intelligence field is very accurate.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Here is a view from the American former RT presenter after the NYT discussed her... she reveals the fake news in the NYT used to push this coordinated 'Russian hack' propaganda:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I'm sure our cyber ability isn't as amateurish as all that, but our attempts to pass all this off a Russian attempt to pick our president and blame Hillary's failure on them sure is exactly what they call it amateurish and childish.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: chadderson

You won't win that pointless argument. Remember, 17 of our intelligence agencies all agree. In a few hours, someone will make a connection to being un-American if you don't believe our spooks. While we are all arguing over who hacked or didn't hack, the narrative is being played out to a "T". Remember, that was the whole point of this circular jerking contest.

BTW, I still think Assange was telling the truth, but that doesn't negate the possibility that Russia also peaked at the DNC servers. (From what the FBI said, everyone did)

Why do we need 17 agencies? How many agencies were born as a result of the fbi and cia failings in '01? They didn't work together then and failed us---> they are trying to make all 17 agencies who continually fail at providing security look legitimate, meanwhile- the dnc gets hacked, now they all agree on something...please don't fire us Mr. Apprentice!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

As far as I'm concerned, they accomplished nothing. The did nothing but try to discourage people from voting for Trump, and reported zilch on Hillary. The left actually complains that she didn't get enough press lol. What would they have published? the actual findings of the FBI reports? They never even did that! There was simply nothing good to say about either candidate, they just tried to save HRC. I nthe end, it turns out she's the only person in the United States that's a more despicable candidate than Trump.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I do think this is all going to unravel on the agents of the left (in the media and intelligence communities) pushing this nonsense. There is a subtle move away from hacking in the report and much more of a focus on so called 'fake news' and social media efforts to influence the election. However, modern times allow us to recall information very easily...

For instance:

This was a 1996 cover of Time Magazine and the article tells the story of how US injected propaganda and resources into the Russian election to ensure Yeltsin was elected. There are books written on the very subject and many article easily found online.

The propagandists on the left need to be continually confronted and asked 'why now?' with all this nonsense... until they admit it is because they are losing elections and losing support for their globalist ideology in the West.

edit on 9/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

That is an "inconvenient truth".

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
"We can't talk about the contents of the emails," he claimed repeatedly in posts that could have been used to talk about the contents of the emails.

I was thinking the same thing reading this thread. Seems like a dumb thread topic to me. If talking about the contents of the emails is so important, why aren't people like the OP authoring threads about them? Isn't there like 36 threads on the Podesta emails alone? Don't they count as discussions about the email contents? I'm really confused by this OP...
edit on 9-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

That is an "inconvenient truth".

Indeed, so is this...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

..also mentioned in RT's response to the report.. their 'right of reply' captures the mood quite well I think..people outside the Democrat echo chamber are amazed at the amateurish nature of the report.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I find it funny you are talking about echo chambers while posting RT videos. You might as well call up Putin and ask him who he thinks is responsible for the hacks. I'm sure he'll be SUPER honest with you too.
edit on 9-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I find it funny you are talking about echo chambers while posting RT videos. You might as well call up Putin and ask him who he thinks is responsible for the hacks. I'm sure he'll be SUPER honest with you too.

I see the propaganda worked on you. No surprise there.
You also don't need to take RT's word for it. People who have read the report who have even the slightest technical background are already incredulous at how amateur it is. It fools the layman though, or someone who is just looking to have their bias confirmed.
This silly narrative concocted by Democrats is already falling apart. The intelligence agencies are reported to not even have looked at the servers

You are going to be busy trying to hold the threads of this one together ... hahaha.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
*eyeroll* Whatever you say there. What else does Putin want us to know, by the way?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Here is more on US influence on the Russian elections in 1996:

Titled Rescuing Boris, TIME’s article bore a subtitle eerily similar to accusations flooding headlines two decades later — for altogether different but parallel reasons — “THE SECRET STORY OF HOW FOUR U.S. ADVISERS USED POLLS, FOCUS GROUPS, NEGATIVE ADS AND ALL THE OTHER TECHNIQUES OF AMERICAN CAMPAIGNING TO HELP BORIS YELTSIN WIN.” While the U.S. decries “fake news” and dismisses the successes of alternative media’s reporting on corruption in the Democrat Party by collectively deeming it “Russian propaganda,” it would seem the entire country has forgotten American exploits in Russia in 1996. In fact, these American advisors literally meddled in the Russian election that year — and as TIME, itself, points out, changed the course of the country’s politics forever.

thefreethoughtproject.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: theantediluvian
"We can't talk about the contents of the emails," he claimed repeatedly in posts that could have been used to talk about the contents of the emails.

I was thinking the same thing reading this thread. Seems like a dumb thread topic to me. If talking about the contents of the emails is so important, why aren't people like the OP authoring threads about them? Isn't there like 36 threads on the Podesta emails alone? Don't they count as discussions about the email contents? I'm really confused by this OP...

The confusion is expected. Liberal think dictates that you only understand what you are told to understand from the leaders voice. (idiot box) So unless the MSM explains to you that content does matter, you can continue to believe that this time, this hack, (that everyone in the intelligence community agreed didn't change the outcome of the election) is something we should all be angry about. I'll let you know if something important happens.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Funny... UK Liberals in uproar after Russian Embassy posts this on Twitter (in response to UK political pundits urging Theresa May to attempt to stop any US / Russian relationship thawing...)

twitter.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join