It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL reason Russian hacking is important "this time"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There is a guy, he has two hands. One is full of steaming excrement left over from the e-mails that were released from the DNC. They are completely factual and not embellished in any way, they stand exactly as they were intended. It's starting to stink and something needs to be done about it. In the right hand, there is a story of Russian hacking. Sure Russia has hacked us before, and we have hacked them, and we have hacked others, and others have hacked us, but.....this time we need a distraction.

Now, the lucky thing is, the same guy with his hands full, also has a back pocket. In that pocket is the MSM. A very powerful propaganda tool that is used to direct thought and opinions based on what and how we are supposed to think. All of that would be super and work as advertised.....but there is a problem. Somebody woke up all the folks who have been sleeping for the last 30 years. They woke up and when they heard we were supposed to vote in the dynasty that rightfully was due her seat in the Whitehouse again, they said hell no. Sadly, they were given a set of rather poor choices (surely that wasn't engineered to be that way?) but regardless, they stood up from their slumber and went to the polls.

The left is really angry that the RNC wasn't shown to be just as corrupt. That is the main reason for the faux outrage. None of that is to say the right is not guilty of some of the same things, they very well might be, but they weren't exposed like the left was.

So like any good magician or illusionist, remember to look at the other hand, unless you just like the show.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Bravo.

/golfclap

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

There is no doubt hacking occurs, and the current arguing over weather this current hack was leaked to Assange through Russian hands, or others is irrelevant. Nobody wants you to care about what was hacked, only who hacked it, and it doesn't matter. This is the red herring that is being used at this time.

Since a RNC hack isn't a reality, and no mounds of filth was discovered from the opposing side, the left really wants America and the world to stop focusing on the content of the hack and concentrate on the perpetrator. Guilty or not. If we are to ever get past this engineered divide, putting the focus on things like how to make the future better would be much more productive, than lamenting on how we should punish someone for airing our dirty laundry.
(IMHO)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You are probably right that the left is upset that what we've always known to be true has come to light via hacking... that people of the left are generally more dishonest, selfish, evil, twisted and corrupt than those on the right.
edit on 9/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

S&F

well said.

but, lest we forget, all this unfolded in front of the world stage.

the Dems are still butt-hurt they got caught and want accountability instead of responsibility; They should instead focus on how to move on from this. The U.S.'s credibility is what was at stake, and i think Russia, no matter how cold-war'esque it all sounds, might have orchestrated all this and won.

I dont foresee the U.S. being allowed to invade any other countries or topple 'oppressive' regimes for a while...
not with our dirty laundry being what it is...

this 'dirty laundry' and a Trump win will impact the U.S. in an unprecedented way in modern day. with a trump win, everything from trade [TPP OIL etc], policies[home or abroad], Military[allies, foreign bases, weapons trade etc] will be affected.
edit on 9-1-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I am well aware of the red herring, but why push the narrative that Russia hacked us instead of focusing on the content of the leaks?

"hacking occurs", we know. To give the "Russia hacked us" argument wind for the sails only pushes us further from analyzing the content.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

You won't win that pointless argument. Remember, 17 of our intelligence agencies all agree. In a few hours, someone will make a connection to being un-American if you don't believe our spooks. While we are all arguing over who hacked or didn't hack, the narrative is being played out to a "T". Remember, that was the whole point of this circular jerking contest.

BTW, I still think Assange was telling the truth, but that doesn't negate the possibility that Russia also peaked at the DNC servers. (From what the FBI said, everyone did)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

S&F

well said.

but, lest we forget, all this unfolded in front of the world stage.

the Dems are still butt-hurt they got caught and want accountability instead of responsibility; They should instead focus on how to move on from this. The U.S.'s credibility is what was at stake, and i think Russia, no matter how cold-war'esque it all sounds, might have orchestrated all this and won.

I dont foresee the U.S. being allowed to invade any other countries or topple 'oppressive' regimes for a while... not with our dirty laundry being what it is...

this 'dirty laundry' and a Trump win will impact the U.S. in an unprecedented way in modern day. with a trump win, everything from trade [TPP OIL etc], policies[home or abroad], Military[allies, foreign bases, weapons trade etc] will be affected.

I see that as a good thing. Perhaps a return of our troops and a new look at the current situation is in order. Unless we are being lied to by the MSM, things aren't getting a whole lot better in the ME.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

No The facts are this Russia hacked the US to try o influence the outcome of an election. Whether the effect was enough to tip the balance to Mr Ugly is beside the point. It was an attempt. Now US law takes Attempted Murder/robbery and many other Crimes SERIOUSLY. Why should we not take hacking seriously? The USA has sought to Extradite foreign nationals who have hacked Government departments. Why should we treat the Russians differently??

Even if we Hacked Russia we can never hack their elections so it is a different situation in terms of influence.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

A pointless argument? Don't be deflecting now.

It does not matter what 17 intel agencies say, the report is in front of us to read. Those same agencies are counting on you not reading it for yourself. I have provided the link for you. Vigilance, my fellow.

Do you see how talking about Russia hacking only pushes us further from focusing on the content?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
One other thing to consider is that the obvious propaganda coming from the intelligence agencies and the MSM could be to do with the very important elections in Europe in 2017.

The globalists have had 2 crushing defeats and really can not afford more European countries rejecting the EU. I have noticed recently the intelligence community propaganda has started to include the possibility of Russian hacks on European elections...it certainly fits the very reliable model that when those on the left point fingers, it's usually to cover the exact crime they are committing, in this case influencing elections.
edit on 9/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
is this like saddams nuclear weapons ?

we were definite he had some right ?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson

A pointless argument? Don't be deflecting now.

It does not matter what 17 intel agencies say, the report is in front of us to read. Those same agencies are counting on you not reading it for yourself. I have provided the link for you. Vigilance, my fellow.

I read Loam's thread and read the parts highlighted. I also agree with him and you on this topic. But as you say below,

Do you see how talking about Russia hacking only pushes us further from focusing on the content?

again, I agree. which is my point. let them have their boogyman if it helps them sleep. We just need to watch that nobody oversteps their bounds over this fiasco before it fades into the annals of time, and remember to watch out for those tactics in two years.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5

No The facts are this Russia hacked the US to try o influence the outcome of an election. Whether the effect was enough to tip the balance to Mr Ugly is beside the point. It was an attempt. Now US law takes Attempted Murder/robbery and many other Crimes SERIOUSLY. Why should we not take hacking seriously? The USA has sought to Extradite foreign nationals who have hacked Government departments. Why should we treat the Russians differently??

Even if we Hacked Russia we can never hack their elections so it is a different situation in terms of influence.

Yes, and the way they influenced out election process was to reveal the lies and deceit the left was using to win their election. Bad as you may see it, at least they revealed the truth. Would you want to go through life being lied to by asshole politicians? Russia is still the same group they were, and no doubt they would like to undermine many more things than just the 2016 election, so should we spend the next 4 years worrying about how mean they were, or should we tighten up our security and get rid of the scumbags who we know are criminals?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Only because we didn't see the rights emails.
You're deluded if you think they would be any different.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
"We can't talk about the contents of the emails," he claimed repeatedly in posts that could have been used to talk about the contents of the emails.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I'd prefer to go on what we know.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5

They didnt hack the election. They hacked the DNC servers and released their emails. Emails showing what a corrupt bunch of rat tur*s lead the Democratic Party.
Assange has already stated that they had NOTHIN on the RNC

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Show us some examples.

ETA: BTW, thanks for illustrating the point of the OP. You did great!
edit on 9-1-2017 by network dude because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join