It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel Prize - winning Economists give Trump policies a fail!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Nobel Prize winners! Wow They must be smart! Obama won one for doing nothing.

Oh, wait.....

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Uneducated people don't cause worldwide instability. It's always the "experts" every time.

OK so you have not gone to college and would never countenance your Offspring going? Uneducated people also tend to suffer in the hi tec world.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5
Well it look s like the establishment experts do not like the Emperor’s economic tricks. The experts have called him out!
If the US goes into recession, then the world will follow. Can a pack of economists be wrong??

To be honest I cannot abide the ugly angry male but in all fairness how many economists predicted the last recession BEFORE it happened? Stigliz is particularly down on Trump's policies.

www.bloomberg.com...

we have yet to emerge from the 2008 recession. Once that happens, and your Nobel economists can show how they offered the ways to fix it ahead of time, then listening to them about an administration that has yet to take office might be something of value, but as of now, more idiots talking about fictional scenarios. (ie-guessing)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Sorry but the bucks stop with him. It's call the art of compromising .. something he was not willing to do. Oh and cut it out with that right wing insult BS. I consider my self a Centrist, I am neither a leftist communist or a far right religious zealous.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There are lots of economists that believe our direction in the economy we have been going in is wrong. Finding a half dozen economists who probably helped design the messed up deceptive economy we live in wouldn't be hard. We need to fix the economy in this country correctly, not throw more and more money at it to be scarfed up by those who take no risk with trying to form a business.

This is not fake evidence, these economists actually believe in the direction they say is the right direction. But just because some believe in a lie does not mean the lie is real. Our world seems to be based on people believing that the way they believe is real. They create a false reality which cannot stand, it will eventually crumble. It has happened in every empire that has ever been built utilizing consumerism as the basis of the economy.

Can Trump fix it? I highly doubt it. Maybe the Economies of the world will crumble under his administration. Why, because as I said, we have been believing in something that is not real for generations now and they do not understand how an economy that has been working will crumble. It is evident that people all over the country are seeing the economy is not right because the vast majority of states voted for Trump. The people in some of the big cities that orchestrated or profit by this new type of working mans type of economy will evidently not like it, they want to have an easy life with lots of money importing stuff and not even touching anything or having much risk. The Liberal Democrats seem to fall into this bracket, most really do not understand how things need to be to have a secure economy in a country.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

Like members of this forum who are proven wrong, these "noted" economists will simply shrug their shoulders and move on to their next target, after President Trump's policies start improving the quality of life for the majority of people in this country.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

All that I am seeing here is the same boring Fan worship that got us into the mess in the first place.

You mean the 8 years Obama and the Democrats have been pushing their policies, right? Because Trump has yet to take office and already huge companies like Ford are coming back, so what "mess" was that again, because the only "mess" I see is what Obama and Co have made.

It seems the Democrats and Liberals can not stand the thought of Trump doing well and making their 2 terms look like exactly what they were. Failures. They have been and are, going to any lengths to make Trump look bad, including spin by economists, who just happen to agree with Democrats.
edit on 9-1-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Dreamers all.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You are a funny person. If you could define Liberal in the context that you are speaking of I would be impressed. a reply to: Gothmog

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Ha ha trump taking credit for things that were happening and in the works before he even thought of running . He'd take credit for the sun coming up.

Hey I will give him those 800 jobs from Carrier Air Conditioners.
He still has a little further to go to match the nine million jobs created under Obama.
edit on 192017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Im sorry but did you take economics at a real school or are just some smuck that doesn't understand where that debt came from in a time of war. Maybe do a little research on that whole thing then maybe you will get it.a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I am sorry for being harsh but the lack of research coming from my fellow ATS peeps is flabbergasting

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
You are a funny person. If you could define Liberal in the context that you are speaking of I would be impressed. a reply to: Gothmog

If you need a definition look it up....
Not worth my time

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I dont need to look it up, I know many. What's the ones you are using?a reply to: Gothmog

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

What I find laughable is the prize is the only one labeled as "Sciences"....Economics is nothing but applied theory based on a majority of policy assumptions. Hardly a 'Science'.

Albeit 'Behavioral' economics or 'Mathematical' economics or between etal.

In the end, Theory applied after a fact...no science.

mg

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Paul Krugman did and he argued that we needed an alien invasion to fix the economy once.

business.time.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
this shows that however stupid the quote you want is someone will deliver it
edit on 9-1-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yeah, like economists said Brixit would kill Britain, its doing quite well...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5

originally posted by: xuenchen
Uneducated people don't cause worldwide instability. It's always the "experts" every time.

OK so you have not gone to college and would never countenance your Offspring going? Uneducated people also tend to suffer in the hi tec world.

LOL No

You are wrong on both assumptions.

Good tangent attempt though.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
These guys are all idiots and they think that fiat currencies and a debt based economy it's actually a good thing. They are tards.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Remember Obama got the Nobel peace prize we all can see how that worked out. reply to: Tiger5

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join