It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Trump supporter's view on what would happen if he 'Betrayed' us.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If Trump, a political outsider and business man, who ran against the media, Democrats, Republicans, and everyone else and won, still is not able to implement change in DC, what will I do?

Great question. Probably give up any last shred of hope I had that the US govt is able to reverse course and change for the better. The USA is in a massive downward spiral. It just depends how quickly we crash. Republicans = slower crash, Democrats = accelerated imminent crash.

Debt doubled in last 8 years, healthcare completely destroyed, unsustainable amount of people quit the workforce, racial issues stoked and provoked constantly....

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

If (when is probably most apt) Trump continues to screw the pooch, his supporters will do nothing. Americans never do anything.

That is not True, Americans always do something when their party lies and does the opposite of what they promised.

The republicans will focus on the other parties failures ,blame the other party, and eagerly overlook their own parties failures

At the same time the Left will enjoy watching Trump fail and completely overlook that Clinton should have never been a candidate nor pay attention to their own party failures.

Then once again it will be the election of the lesser evil.

Isn't that cycle Awesome!!!! yeah hardcore political party cheerleaders, you are doing a heck of a job for your kids future !!! lets keep the cycle going

edit on 39131America/ChicagoTue, 10 Jan 2017 10:39:17 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
He will betray you and right wingers will welcome it with open arms.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
He will betray you and right wingers will welcome it with open arms.

No different than the left who welcomed with open arms an individual under criminal investigation by the FBI,with a history of lying, lack lustre career, scandal ridden politician that had to manipulate her way to getting nominated.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I thought I would never say this, but I kind of feel for Wall Street investors. But, especially small businesses. They have no idea what a three year plan should look like. The wheels will stop turning. Except for the billionaires.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

especially small businesses. They have no idea what a three year plan should look like. The wheels will stop turning. Except for the billionaires.

So things will continue the same as they have within the last 5 decades.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I thought I would never say this, but I kind of feel for Wall Street investors. But, especially small businesses. They have no idea what a three year plan should look like. The wheels will stop turning. Except for the billionaires.

Since I work for a billionaire, I think this is smashing.
The more money he makes, the more he invests in our community. Since we are 100% dependant on oil and gas, we spend more than half our lives in a bust cycle wishing we could find prosperity. If my employer can help diversify the local economy, then it'll positively impact the prospects of 200k people living in the area.

I can't see that being a bad thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Wow. Change Trump to Obama in your post and you have the last 8 years. Why can't you see that you drank the kool-aid and won't accept that our country is in horrible shape. We have proof and you have speculation. Just sit back and relax. You can get more kool-aid at the grocery store.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
None of you will do squat sh*t. You wouldn't dare risk all those modern 'Murican comforts-- long hot showers, a new poorly manufactured low quality shiny car every 5 years, a nice space pillow for your sore neck from hunching over your office desk all day, all your frivolous toys and consumerist crap you horde in your big empty house, Internet access for the purpose of sperging out on social media and airing your insipid brain farts, your GMO high fructose corn syrup snacks, your pharmaceutical tranquilizers, your mental pacification imagery (Television & YouTube etc.), your trance-inducing ritualistic hedonistic drum-beats with the sole message "it feels good, it feels good" (popular music).

Don't lie, you know in your heart of hearts that Americans and Westerners are a bunch of passive hogs blissfully rolling in each other's sh*t.
edit on 10-1-2017 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConstitutionalPatriot

Wow. Change Trump to Obama in your post and you have the last 8 years. Why can't you see that you drank the kool-aid and won't accept that our country is in horrible shape. We have proof and you have speculation. Just sit back and relax. You can get more kool-aid at the grocery store.

Oh please give it a rest... You guys keep saying the country is in horrible shape but have yet to provide any sort of justification for that claim. The country was in horrible shape when Obama took office, not so much anymore.

And do you think you're being clever when you tell me I drank the Kool-aid? At least I'm not guzzling Trump's nectar as you appear to be doing. Maybe you should lay off the sauce...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: MOMof3

Since I work for a billionaire, I think this is smashing.
The more money he makes, the more he invests in our community. Since we are 100% dependant on oil and gas, we spend more than half our lives in a bust cycle wishing we could find prosperity. If my employer can help diversify the local economy, then it'll positively impact the prospects of 200k people living in the area.

I can't see that being a bad thing.

What makes you think your billionaire boss is investing in the community? Diversification comes from small business, not billionaires.

There's nothing logical about giving billionaires tax breaks to improve local economies. When everyone is living off of table scraps from the rich, your idea to make things better for the poor is to give the rich bigger portions? SMH...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

What makes you think your billionaire boss is investing in the community?

Because I run a business that he did a 35mil restoration on a historic landmark on. The property would never sell for what he put into it. We just had an audit that determined that, actually, creating some banking issues for him to resolve.

Diversification comes from small business, not billionaires.

Small business comes from startup capital. I run just one LLC for this guy. This one LLC operates 5 separate business outlets.

What you said doesn't make any sense. You have 2 options when starting a business: develop your own capital stack, or get an investor that carries the project (or a mix therein).

There's nothing logical about giving billionaires tax breaks to improve local economies. When everyone is living off of table scraps from the rich, your idea to make things better for the poor is to give the rich bigger portions? SMH...

You put words in my mouth.

My idea to improve peoples economic condition: quit electing the fools we elect. They've devalued the dollar to where its worth 19% of what it was when todays retirees started saving for retirement. How do we expect to lose 80% of the value of our currency over a 30 year period, and still survive?

We can blame the billionaires once we correct the nitwits in the 2 parties. Until that happens, its just screwing over someone else to account for their failures. I see no need to argue over any of it.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm sure you can provide more anecdotal evidence to support your beliefs. And I don't disagree that there are civic minded billionaires out there, "doing the right thing", but the majority doesn't. Forgive me if I am wrong but it sounds like you're endorsing trickle-down economics. We both know that trickle-down tax breaks increased deficit spending and did little to stimulate the economy.

I'm not blaming billionaires but I don't think we should be giving them more tax breaks. But blaming the poor isn't the answer either.

As someone who also lives in Texas and employed by the oil and gas industry, I don't see how investing in billionaires would resolve our dependence upon oil. We are at the mercy of the Saudis who control our own oil based economies. To my mind, investing in clean energy resources is the only answer.... but certainly not padding the pockets of the 1%.

BTW - Thank you for the civil response. This place has become so nasty these days...

edit on 10-1-2017 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

originally posted by: nwtrucker

The first and most obvious is the ACA. The liberty to choose my own insurance company, kind of coverage or not to be insured, at all. I admit some gains, but at the expense of too many liberties.

That is the signal example.

You can choose your own private Ins. company. You can choose what kind of coverage you want as well. But no, you cannot be uninsured and just show up at the emergency room anytime you catch a cold so that the taxpayers can pay for your bill.

Did you know that before the ACA, uninsured people cost the US taxpayer 3.5 billion per year in emergency room visits alone? Did you know that insurance premiums have risen at a lesser rate than they did before ACA?

Did you know that none of your liberties have been taken away under the Obama administration? I bet you didn't...

I am 66 years old. I am FORCED onto Medicare. I had company insurance. THEY tell ME what is covered and what is not. At 67 years of age, THEY decide if the expense of the medical service is warranted based on my life expectancy.

That's just off the top. No liberties lost? LMAO. All under the justification of the uninsured....of which the number is virtually the same as before. Only now the demographics have changed from the poor to the lower-middle class to middle class who cannot afford the rocketing premiums.

That's just the ACA.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc
None of you will do squat sh*t. You wouldn't dare risk all those modern 'Murican comforts-- long hot showers, a new poorly manufactured low quality shiny car every 5 years, a nice space pillow for your sore neck from hunching over your office desk all day, all your frivolous toys and consumerist crap you horde in your big empty house, Internet access for the purpose of sperging out on social media and airing your insipid brain farts, your GMO high fructose corn syrup snacks, your pharmaceutical tranquilizers, your mental pacification imagery (Television & YouTube etc.), your trance-inducing ritualistic hedonistic drum-beats with the sole message "it feels good, it feels good" (popular music).

Don't lie, you know in your heart of hearts that Americans and Westerners are a bunch of passive hogs blissfully rolling in each other's sh*t.

As opposed to your life-style?? Cough, cough....

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: Talorc

As opposed to your life-style?? Cough, cough....

I'm a dog in the dirt, but at least I can admit it, see it for what it is.

As for lifestyles, I'd like to think mine is austere compared with anyone else my age. Maybe I'll make it even more austere just to avoid being a hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

To clarify the point I was trying to make. Chaos would/will be disastrous for the nation as a whole. Perhaps peacefully with agreed upon departure from the Union by individual states to as far as civil unrest and even civil war/revolution.

IF Trump succeeds, the left is largely proven wrong, at least on a national level, which fatally wounds the left. If he 'betrays' and the above chaos ensues, the whole system and both parties are toast.(which includes the left) If say California departs the Union, for example, bye, bye, 55 electoral college votes AND the physical popular vote majority. That, in itself, would finish the national version of the Democrat Party.

Having said all that, Trump's biggest barrier isn't the Democrat Party/left. It is the Republican elite. The dirty little secret is the fact that Trump won based on the disaffection with BOTH parties. All that both parties placed against him have been defeated. Not by Trump. By us..

It is to 'us' he has to answer and our line which we deem betrayal. Not yours. You've already cried wolf too many times...in case you missed our response to those 'cries', here it is again......YAWN.......

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

In my case, I choose hypocrite.....

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

What you don't seem to understand is that I am not a Trump supporter per say. I judge by actions. As far as the horrible shape, here is what you need to look into:

1. Highest Deficit in history. No president has ever made it higher than Obama. Forcing citizens to be responsible.
2. Forcing penalties on people for not having health insurance. (Whether citizens can afford the penalty or not)
3. Trillion dollar stimulus failure. (Nothing good came out of it. Wasted money)
4. 1 million less people in the work force. (Look it up before you tell me jobs have been created. Look up U6)
5. Amnesty. (If you even question this one, you are on drugs of some sort)
6. Numerous cabinet appointments without the approval of the Senate. (Act of Treason)
7. Using the EPA to force the policies of the Cap and Trade bill, even though it was shot down by the Senate. (Treason)
8. Several Billions of loans to Brazil, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, and Libya to help them drill for oil for the U.S. while not allowing drilling in the U.S. (Killing jobs in the oil industry).
9. Suing Arizona, Georgia, and Alabama for enforcing federal immigration laws. (Breaking a Federal Law to push his agenda on immigration and forcing law breaking individuals on them. Crime has skyrocketed in these states)
10. Giving the internet to the FTC. (Giving them control over what you read reducing your access to certain information that is opposite to their agenda)
11. Repealing Voter ID laws, so that people (Illegal or not) can vote as many times as they want in different locations. (Allowing 3rd world countries citizens to have an effect on the elections)
12. Illegally declaring war in Libya. (He had no authorization. Treason) (Killing americans in an illegal war)
13. Circumventing the checks and balances through executive orders. (Forcing laws down our throats that push his agenda)

Should I go on? We have proof of the BS we have been through for the last 8 years and you have none yet, because Trump hasn't even taken office. Why don't you move to the ghetto in Chicago where you can see the problems first hand? That is, if you can avoid being shot. Why can't you see the real picture? Stop listening to the rose colored economy that Obama tells you about and start looking at facts. We are now at a point where we don't have the ability to pay back the loans and interest payments. We have been put into a perpetual debt position. Here is a link to help you figure it out:

www.nationaldebtclocks.org...

Please, for your and your family, figure it out and maybe, just maybe you can help instead of help destroy the U.S.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

If Donald Trump doesn't Make America Great again by curing all of the diseases that CAN be cured by the technology available NOW, then America will surely fail. He said it in his 2:37 100 Day Plan video on Youtube. If he does what he said with jobs and curing disease in his 100 day plan, he will be in there for 8 years, and everything will be much better in America by then. Industry and health? WHo needs something like Obamacare? IF he keeps his promises...

Truth be told I think he will see it through. I think he has the willpower to make it happen. How could he let himself fail? He couldn't live with America saying "You're FIRED" on the 2nd term

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join