It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Trump supporter's view on what would happen if he 'Betrayed' us.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Trump has said some dumb things and he will say more of them. If you want to focus strictly on that, you can, but you might miss a few key details. Like how he is appointing people who have a proven track record of being successful. He is putting those people in charge of a country that needs some serious leadership right now. And once he takes office, we can all see what happens next. But until that time, we are all speculating, your side hoping for an epic implosion and failure, my side hoping for some smart choices and positive growth. Like I said, we think differently.

Fair comment. I do not however wish to see an implosion because the world will suffer. The US needs to heal the split and the Troll for Trump need to tone it down. On a different note Trump started Meryl et al up and not the other way around. I was appalled at he tone of his campaign. He dragged us into the gutter. He should stop tweeting and start working!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
He's already backed out of both of his two main promises, and he's not even the president yet.

He's not putting Hillary in prison, and Mexico isn't paying for the wall.

What does it take for you to feel betrayed? a reply to: nwtrucker

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Sorry, I disagree. Fact.

The Mexican gov't will come, hat in hand, and bend knee to Trump and the U.S.. They have no other out.

I love how people just throw their opinion out there and say it's fact so therefore it's a fact.

Lol. Trump supporters have been conned and their rampant excuses/justification is proof of it.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

OMG...a businessman comes into the office rather than a talking pundit there is already fear mongering if omg what if he betrays us BS.

Seriously people...get over asking for failure.

Furthermore, the only person that will betray you is yourself. Ex. if you don't have a job, that is your fault. If Trump doesn't create jobs, you will blame him? You have no one to blame but yourself. So get over it.

edit on 9-1-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artorias
He's already backed out of both of his two main promises, and he's not even the president yet.

He's not putting Hillary in prison, and Mexico isn't paying for the wall.

What does it take for you to feel betrayed? a reply to: nwtrucker

Nothing, clearly.

Trump (at one point, he flip flops on a daily basis) was in favor of no-fly no-gun.

Conservatives have whined for about a decade that "DEY R CUM'N 2 GET MAH GUNZ," yet they support a Republican candidate who (at one point) was for gun registration.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Sorry, I disagree. Fact.

The Mexican gov't will come, hat in hand, and bend knee to Trump and the U.S.. They have no other out.

I love how people just throw their opinion out there and say it's fact so therefore it's a fact.

Lol. Trump supporters have been conned and their rampant excuses/justification is proof of it.

Are you still crying about Hillary not being the President? Or Bernie not being President? Are you a DNC supporter?

If so...get over it you cry baby!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

OMG...a businessman comes into the office rather than a talking pundit there is already fear mongering if omg what if he betrays us BS.

Seriously people...get over asking for failure.

Furthermore, the only person that will betray you is yourself. Ex. if you don't have a job, that is your fault. If Trump doesn't create jobs, you will blame him? You have no one to blame but yourself. So get over it.

No! It goes like this Boorish sexist hog and incompetent Business man without any political experience comes into office...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Artorias

You'd have to show me where he 'promised' to put Hillary in jail. He didn't promise anything of the sort.

I've already covered the wall point in earlier posts.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: Krazysh0t

There is a line. I gave an example, which you've ignored.

Words are cheap. I've seen more Trump supporters excuse walk backs versus questioning them. So like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

Yes, words ARE cheap.....

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

No argument from me. Merely playing out their dramatics.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

It is a prediction. As such is worth no more than any other.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You'd have to show me where he 'promised' to put Hillary in jail. He didn't promise anything of the sort.

Technically, like Bill's "I did not have sexual relations with that woman". Trump never promised to lock her up, although his saying that "Because you would be in jail" if he were pres comes close. What he did promise was

"I didn't think I'd say this but I'm going to say it, and I hate to say it, but if I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there has never been so many lies, so much deception, there has never been anything like it, and we're going to have a special prosecutor."

Backed away on that promise.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

Nope... the Left won't wait or sit back while the Right goes ape-sh*t, as you say. Those of us who can see Trump for what he is are already going ape-sh*t and won't allow that knuckle dragger to drag us back to the stone age as he and his party are hell-bent on doing. You people are blinded to Trunp's agenda, which only serves to better himself and no one else. There won't be a second term. I will be surprised if he makes it through his first. The man is a pathological liar and you guys fell for his song and dance. We're just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Really? Just what are you gonna do about it? You say ape-s***t. I say crying. He has the military, the police and the border patrol solidly behind him. Not to mention us. This thread introduces a factor to that unceasing crying that you've omitted.

IF it occurs...and so far, so good.

IF?

Please tell me you're not that ignorant. As so many have pointed out to you, he's already backtracked on several promises and is threatening to betray more of his promises when he takes office. You say you want hope for the future of your children and grandchildren but you just sold them down the river. Their future is more bleak now than it has ever been.

And BTW - I'm not crying. If you don't think that Libs are capable of going ape-sh*t, think again.Try taking away our Liberties and see what happens.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Trump admitted that YOU are paying for the wall and that Mexico will "reimburse" you after the fact.

That will never happen. Ever.

The WALL is simply part of the infrastructure spending that's being planned and in the works.

YOU won't pay for the wall. Neither will Mexico pay. The Wall will be built with "BORROWED" funds from China, and The Donald will simply declare he's not paying back the bill. That's his style.

The wall is FREE.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Sorry, I disagree. Fact.

You have the right to your own opinions, but not your own facts. Economics doesn't work that way. You can split hairs all you'd like and try to pretend that Donald isn't going back on a campaign promise, but he is.

Donald never said he'd pay for the wall and have them reimburse America, he said MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL.

Mexico isn't paying for the wall, your tax dollars will, which means that's a broken campaign promise, which is a fact.

Not an opinion created by partisan emotions.

~Tenth

the money was allocated in 2010 or so already>so not going back on a promise in actuality. Its already there and ready to go day one if he wanted to do it.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Yes, he did. It isn't, however, off the table, completely.

You can bet there will be much deeper investigations by Sessions and if something big enough comes to light or...the Clintons remain active against the new Administration, all bets are off.

Off the top, asking myself what I'd prefer? I'd would like to see a 'head on the pike' from both parties, if for no other reason than give pause to those similarly inclined in the future. Overall, though, getting on with the job of fixing things IS more important than Hillary or whether or not she faces jail time. JMO, though.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Trump admitted that YOU are paying for the wall and that Mexico will "reimburse" you after the fact.

That will never happen. Ever.

The WALL is simply part of the infrastructure spending that's being planned and in the works.

YOU won't pay for the wall. Neither will Mexico pay. The Wall will be built with "BORROWED" funds from China, and The Donald will simply declare he's not paying back the bill. That's his style.

The wall is FREE.

Well here is what will happen with china. The amount of tech they have stolen over the years more than evens out the money owed them back. either they take that or declare war which negates their debt as well.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Like you have been to our liberties?

Yes, IF. You may position Trump as 'betrayal's'. I do not.
The premise of the thread is his supporters view of betrayals. Not yours. Yours are nothing but a yawner, in my books.

As far as a collective 'man on man' scenario? I would avoid that. I haven't given up completely on some sort of accord down the road. Failing that? Again, a yawner.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

LOL.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

or...the Clintons remain active against the new Administration, all bets are off.

Whoa, that is what banana republics do and dictatorships. Jail/assassinate opponents. sigh... well, I guess there goes my last hope that we haven't gone that low.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join