It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Trump supporter's view on what would happen if he 'Betrayed' us.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It IS a depressing view of it. Still, that's the way I see it.

Simply put, you call it poor 'vetting'. Incorrect. We 'vetted' all the other options. Both within the Republican candidates and the democrat 'choice'....cough, cough.

There wasn't an alternative. It doesn't matter one way or the other whether you agree with that assessment. That's the reality of this election.

Having said that, IF Trump betrays, and I don't think he will. I will gladly say mea culpa, with the caveat that it was a no win scenario with any selection available.

So far, I'm very pleased with Trump and suspect most of his supporters are as well. This thread was based on a scenario that has been hammered unceasingly by the left. As I am merely pointing out there is more to consider than the left's views on this. I added he would have to deal with his supporters as well.

I hold that that group would be very 'emotional'. Just the way I see it.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Well if anything, here's the first bit you should be mad at.

Trump admitted that YOU are paying for the wall and that Mexico will "reimburse" you after the fact.

You are assuming Mexico is given a choice.

Last time I checked Mexico profits a whole good deal on the American consumer. so .. import taxes.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Remember what you call the 'left' in American politics is still a party of the moderate-right.

Pure, unadulterated hog-wash.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Sorry, I disagree. Fact.

You can split hairs all you'd like and try to pretend that Donald isn't going back on a campaign promise, but he is.

Donald never said he'd pay for the wall and have them reimburse America, he said MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL.

Really? If Mexico does not pay up front, but pays nonetheless, Trump is going back on his promise on making Mexico pay?
Now who is splitting hairs?

edit on 9-1-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

If we pay for the wall it will be with revenues earned over and above by those increased jobs and taxes....all of which will come out of Mexico's pocket. Period.

I am more than satisfied with that. You aren't. So what? You didn't elect him. We did.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Donald never said he'd pay for the wall and have them reimburse America, he said MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL.

Well yes but using your logic he also didnt say MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL UPFRONT.

To those who wanted the wall I dont think where the money came from is the important part, if the wall gets built and even if Mexico never pay Ill consider it a promise kept.

As for the OP if it turns out hes another turd Ill be the first to eat humble pie and say I was wrong, In a way it would be kinda poetic due to how much pleasure I got telling all the "He wont be voted in ever" types how wrong they were haha

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Trust me. You don't have to reaffirm the hypotheticalness of this thread. I get it completely. I'm under no illusions that you are currently having buyers remorse with your Trump vote by writing this thread.

Simply put, you call it poor 'vetting'. Incorrect. We 'vetted' all the other options. Both within the Republican candidates and the democrat 'choice'....cough, cough.

There wasn't an alternative. It doesn't matter one way or the other whether you agree with that assessment. That's the reality of this election.

Yeah yeah. I've heard this song and dance before. If you truly still believe that if Trump betrays you then that really says a lot about your biases, but I'm relatively confident that this is just your current pro-Trump mentality speaking. Our political choices (despite the hacking and cronyism that went on) were all fine outside of Trump.

So far, I'm very pleased with Trump and suspect most of his supporters are as well. This thread was based on a scenario that has been hammered unceasingly by the left. As I am merely pointing out there is more to consider than the left's views on this. I added he would have to deal with his supporters as well.

This is why I said, "I'll see it when I believe it" as my first response to your OP. I'm not even convinced you'll ever shake off the Trump bias regardless of how much he screws you over.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I personally hope that he does not adhere to every campaign promise.

Unlike the leftists, I don't agree with everything that Trump says or does.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

Nope... the Left won't wait or sit back while the Right goes ape-sh*t, as you say. Those of us who can see Trump for what he is are already going ape-sh*t and won't allow that knuckle dragger to drag us back to the stone age as he and his party are hell-bent on doing. You people are blinded to Trunp's agenda, which only serves to better himself and no one else. There won't be a second term. I will be surprised if he makes it through his first. The man is a pathological liar and you guys fell for his song and dance. We're just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Really? Just what are you gonna do about it? You say ape-s***t. I say crying. He has the military, the police and the border patrol solidly behind him. Not to mention us. This thread introduces a factor to that unceasing crying that you've omitted.

IF it occurs...and so far, so good.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

There is a line. I gave an example, which you've ignored.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

There is a line. I gave an example, which you've ignored.

Words are cheap. I've seen more Trump supporters excuse walk backs versus questioning them. So like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.
edit on 9-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Remember what you call the 'left' in American politics is still a party of the moderate-right.

the only "true" leftist with any name recognition I know of, is Noam Chomsky....and when was the last time you saw or heard him on the MSM?.....let's keep a perspective on this

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Sorry, I disagree. Fact.

You have the right to your own opinions, but not your own facts. Economics doesn't work that way. You can split hairs all you'd like and try to pretend that Donald isn't going back on a campaign promise, but he is.

Mexico isn't paying for the wall, your tax dollars will, which means that's a broken campaign promise, which is a fact.

Not an opinion created by partisan emotions.

~Tenth

I think you're missing the over-all point for many of us. Many of us don't give a rat's behind who pays for the wall. Our issue.... why wouldn't we? The issue is the wall itself. Personally, I don't care if my taxes pay for this wall or not. What I do care about is that there is no barrier to keep the unwanted smugglers out as well as the people who cross those borders illegally; which bypasses every tier of what others who legally use to get into this country.

Who cares who pays for it in the end? I don't. I just want the damned thing built and policed. I want border patrol to do it's job that we taxpayers are paying for. I want any governor or public official/entity and peoples who are trying to thwart this law binding problem to pay for any resistance against this law that was put in place for a reason.

You can call it racism or whatever you want. I call it ... Follow the damn rules! Others have to, they should too!

Who cares who pays for it. Just build it already!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

you might want to ask the Chinese how their "wall" worked out. it was a lot wider, longer and more fortified.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
The right are more un-American now than American. They have not interest in a United country. They are a threat to this country worse than any terrorist threat.

Yeah... That's why you see hundreds of republicans rioting in the streets, burning churches and bickering and screaming from every medium at the new democratic president in hopes of creating any possibility of stopping... oh wait....

Sorry, got confused there.

Do you even NEWS, bro?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
The right are more un-American now than American. They have not interest in a United country. They are a threat to this country worse than any terrorist threat.

Ever consider the possibility we see you in the same light?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Well I did not Vote for Tump but You have star from me because yours is a sensible post. If Trump betrays the people then he will be a one term president at least. There may be mindless social /Civil unrest. Some Families will go to the wall. Of course there is the element of the Gun Toting right who may take things into their own hands.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
We already know what will happen if he breaks his promises, as we saw the same effect in the 2010 midterms. After Obama broke every promise he made, he got hammered and lost control of the House. That first two years of failure set the tone for his entire period in office. After 2010, he could get nothing done.

One really key point is that Trump supporters will be the ones who will decide if and when he breaks promises. Happily, none of the left's propaganda is working.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

you might want to ask the Chinese how their "wall" worked out. it was a lot wider, longer and more fortified.

Which one? The one built 2,000 years ago or the one rebuilt under 1,000 years ago?

Let me hop in my time machine and get that answer for ya....

A wall measuring 13k miles. 13 THOUSAND miles. Imagine the army it would have taken to man every post.

The wall was mainly built for regulating trade as well as to keep people out who wanted to move in and keep people in who wanted to move out. It did suffice as a barrier for invading forces. Though, if you're referring to when the Manchus got through, that was more of a lack of guards issue than it was a wall issue. Kind of like what we have now... No guards, no wall.

Overall, considering the amount of time that wall was standing, I'd say it served it's purpose for the most part. I mean, not so good for the builders now buried in those walls, but hey... That was their way, I guess.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Agreed.

The issue with "the wall" was never who got the bill.

The issue was strengthening our borders.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join