It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Trump supporter's view on what would happen if he 'Betrayed' us.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The fears of the left regarding Trump is regurgitated daily, both here on ATS, the MSM and around the world, in many cases.

What is omitted is what the reaction would be by those of us that supported him. I care not if these is agreement from the left on this view. It IS how I see it, however.

Simply put, it is hope. Hope for a better future for our children and grandchildren. Our nation. A safer, more comfortable and predictable world. A seemingly unending series of betrayals by our leaders has led to this . No matter which party or dogma. Despair rampant.

Trump has thrown a lifeline that has resulted in that hope. His enemies abound which, indirectly, increases that hope.

IF that hope is betrayed, those on the left can sit back, His supporters are the ones that will go full throttle ape-s**t. Not you.

I can see no other outcome than sheer chaos. Seriously. No other outcome. IF this is yet another betrayal.

I, at least, know the runway will be long and the progress incremental. Well into the second term, especially internationally. I can't speak for all Trump supporters, yet, no one will be 100% happy with all of his decisions. He isn't locked into one agenda or the other. He is a centrist, right leaning. He is a nationalist. If he betrays that? Well, domestic disputes are often the most violent. More than 50,000 killed in one day at Gettysburg. That should give one pause....

So even the left damn well better pray for his success as either way the left, as a political entity, is finished in this nation. Either by a Trump draining the swamp or the chaos of his betrayal. At least with his success, you likely will have a home and a future and will know the rules in which to succeed in life.

The die is cast. There is no turning back.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well if anything, here's the first bit you should be mad at.

Trump admitted that YOU are paying for the wall and that Mexico will "reimburse" you after the fact.

That will never happen. Ever. If the GOP congress and senate sign a deal letting him spend all the money, without getting guarantees that there's a reimbursement check in the mail, it's not going to end well for them in the midterm elections.

He's already starting to unravel his BIGGEST campaign promise. But, I do hope it's the trump supporters that go crazy on him, because otherwise, it means they can be told and will believe ANYTHING anybody says, politician or not.

So long as they use the right buzz words at the right rallies.

I really hope that they don't make themselves out to be like every other part of the electorate in your country. Ignorant and apathetic towards anything of substance. Uninterested in anything beyond the next news cycle.

The man is POTUS in 11 days, I hope he does a good job, I hope you all hold him accountable if he doesn't.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Remember what you call the 'left' in American politics is still a party of the moderate-right.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If (when is probably most apt) Trump continues to screw the pooch, his supporters will do nothing. Americans never do anything.

It seems there's a serious case of wide spread amnesia that visits America every four years.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

His supporters are the ones that will go full throttle ape-s**t.

What they gonna do, start another meme war, trolling people online.

You'll sit back and do nothing as well.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I don't see it that way, at all. Mexico is already 'paying' for it. Cancelled plants in Mexico has barely begun. Revenues lost to Mexico. Monies earned will increase in the U.S..

Mexico is already paying for that wall.....

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

That's such a cop out response NW.

That's just moving the goal post so that his promise fits with whatever back tracking he's doing at the moment.

And Mexico hasn't lost any revenue cause the plants were not built. You can't say Donald paid for a thing by taking away 'projected' revenue to Mexico, considering they are only spending less than half of what they would have spent there, in the US.

It's comparing apples and oranges.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Actually, you are correct. I will do nothing at all. Except take care of myself and my family the best I can. Here or elsewhere.

If you think all will do similarly, you are wrong, sir.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Ah, the wall. I can see it now, Trump spends billions of $ and man hours to build a wall across Texas, new mexico, and California, while the rest of the world goes to hell. Or..... Trump realizes that spending those resources on such a task is not productive and beefing up border security along with ENFORCING the laws that exist about immigration would be a much better option, thus leaving time and resources available for other important things.

In that case, would Trump be a bad guy for going back on his promise? Or would he be a guy who evolved, once he became better informed?

(hint, there are two different answers here, you will give one, and I will offer the other, because I think differently than you)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Sorry, I disagree. Fact.

The Mexican gov't will come, hat in hand, and bend knee to Trump and the U.S.. They have no other out.

edit on 9-1-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Sorry, I disagree. Fact.

You have the right to your own opinions, but not your own facts. Economics doesn't work that way. You can split hairs all you'd like and try to pretend that Donald isn't going back on a campaign promise, but he is.

Donald never said he'd pay for the wall and have them reimburse America, he said MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL.

Mexico isn't paying for the wall, your tax dollars will, which means that's a broken campaign promise, which is a fact.

Not an opinion created by partisan emotions.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Nope... the Left won't wait or sit back while the Right goes ape-sh*t, as you say. Those of us who can see Trump for what he is are already going ape-sh*t and won't allow that knuckle dragger to drag us back to the stone age as he and his party are hell-bent on doing. You people are blinded to Trunp's agenda, which only serves to better himself and no one else. There won't be a second term. I will be surprised if he makes it through his first. The man is a pathological liar and you guys fell for his song and dance. We're just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

(hint, there are two different answers here, you will give one, and I will offer the other, because I think differently than you)

K go ahead and leave the condescension at the door if you would.

rump realizes that spending those resources on such a task is not productive and beefing up border security along with ENFORCING the laws that exist about immigration would be a much better option, thus leaving time and resources available for other important things.

And if he comes out and SAYS that, then no, he's not going back on a promise, he's being a smart leader. Surround yourself with actual experts and LISTEN to them, before you open your giant mouth and make promises about things to get elected, and only look at the facts afterwards.

Not every campaign promise is possible because ti depends on the political climate which he has little control over really, although probably more than other POTUS cause he's willing to say whatever he wants, whenever he wants on twitter, but regardless.

I'm not some partisan hack who can't see past their own nose, I actually understand how these things work and can admit to when I'm wrong or ignorant of certain things. The problem is Donald generally doesn't.

Look he's spent weeks stating Russia had nothing to do with the hacks, got 1 briefing and then changed his tune. He now accepts that Russia has hacked the US in the manner he was denying previously.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

Republican lawmakers, making good on President-elect Donald Trump’s campaign promise to build a wall along the southern U.S. border, may use Democrats’ past votes and statements on the issue against them. In 2006, under the George W. Bush administration, Congress passed a bill called the Secure Fence Act, which mandated double-layer fencing from San Diego to the southern tip of Texas. In 2007, through the appropriations process, the language was amended to certify 700 miles of fencing to be required, at the discretion of the Department of Homeland Security. Twenty-six Senate Democrats voted for the measure, including Chuck Schumer, Dianne Feinstein, Barack Obama, Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton. “Democrats are solidly behind controlling the border, and we support the border fence,” Ms. Feinstein, California Democrat, told the Los Angeles Daily News at the time. “We have to get tough on the border. There’s no question the border is a sieve.”

Gee seems that following the law is really hard for some people.

Are we to have this paid for twice, as there is already a mechanism in place to have this work done?

Or did you think trump didnt know this law was passed when he made his statement?
Seems the left is angry about being out maneuvered.....again.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

First off, considering how much effort I see Trump supporters bend over backwards to forgive Trump for broken promises I'll believe this when I see it. Second off, considering how I see you guys lash out at the left (and really anyone who isn't a Trump supporter), if Trump actually fails in your eyes then your words here aren't surprising either. Trump courted a group of people based on emotions and shallow thinking and then he pushed away support from all other groups. So Trump will live and die by that shallow and emotional rhetoric. So you aren't really telling me anything I haven't already figured out myself.

So even the left damn well better pray for his success as either way the left, as a political entity, is finished in this nation. Either by a Trump draining the swamp or the chaos of his betrayal. At least with his success, you likely will have a home and a future and will know the rules in which to succeed in life.

... It is depressing you say this. Why should the left sit by and let you crazies tear the country apart because you bet on a bad hand? We'll have no problem helping you oust Trump upon betrayal, but we aren't going to let you destroy everything the country has built up and worked for because you want to throw a childish temper tantrum due to you not vetting your candidate properly (especially in the face of the left telling you that you were wrong from the onset).
edit on 9-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The right are more un-American now than American. They have not interest in a United country. They are a threat to this country worse than any terrorist threat.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Only one problem with your premise.

If Trump goes establishment, then he will still get support, especially from those who want bigger government, more taxes, more laws.

We're really at a crossroads on how we define freedom.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Ah, the wall. I can see it now, Trump spends billions of $ and man hours to build a wall across Texas, new mexico, and California, while the rest of the world goes to hell. Or..... Trump realizes that spending those resources on such a task is not productive and beefing up border security along with ENFORCING the laws that exist about immigration would be a much better option, thus leaving time and resources available for other important things.

In that case, would Trump be a bad guy for going back on his promise? Or would he be a guy who evolved, once he became better informed?

Agreed, we think differently. Your first post attempted to call Mexico not paying for the wall, a 'betrayal'. Now you call it 'evolved'. Which is it?....

Two scenarios I see. First, is there already riots in Mexico apparently based on increased gas prices and lowered Peso value. Assuming, let's say Toyota is the next to face import tariffs and they also decide expansion in the U.S. is the better course of action and more follow suit, Mexico could literally collapse as a nation when this is added to their general corruption and Cartel issues. In that case, the flood could become massive. A wall, as well as enforcement, might be
be seriously vital.

Scenario two, is Trump, as a negotiator, sets the bar high and gets concessions from Mexico and the wall is no longer needed with, as you say, tough border and immigration enforcement. I see neither scenario as a betrayal. Both scenarios are an improvement over the current mess and that's all I ask for at this juncture.

In this arena, If Trump gave full amnesty and/or left things largely as they are, that would be a betrayal. Not the above.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

First off, it wasn't condensation, it's fact. You as a liberal think differently than I do as a conservative. You don't have to like it, but as a guy once said, "You have the right to your own opinions, but not your own facts". K.

Trump has said some dumb things and he will say more of them. If you want to focus strictly on that, you can, but you might miss a few key details. Like how he is appointing people who have a proven track record of being successful. He is putting those people in charge of a country that needs some serious leadership right now. And once he takes office, we can all see what happens next. But until that time, we are all speculating, your side hoping for an epic implosion and failure, my side hoping for some smart choices and positive growth. Like I said, we think differently.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I think you need to look at who posted what first, then ask questions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join