It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Global Warming", Ha Ha, tell me another good joke!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

So are contrails included in the climate models?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

So are contrails included in the climate models?

I don't know but the global dimming documentary made it seem like the clouds are being made significantly more reflective than what was being modeled about a decade ago.

They say between 1 to 3 degrees rise could result from a significant halting of global economic activity. Any freak weather at a large enough scale cutting food supply at a global level, or problems with oil supply and we could see a significant chunk of global dimming go away by significant detrimental effects on the global economic activity.

Doomers say there are over 100 positive feedback cycles that are not being taken into account by models, and that even linearly adding them leads to chaos, let alone if they're taken multiplicatively.

edit on 11-5-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Doomers say there are over 100 positive feedback cycles

Doomers gonna be doomers.

Always been people holding onto 'the end is near' sign.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

What would we lose?... really?... You do realize that by lowering dramatically our CO2 emissions we are cutting on a lot of services needed by people right?...

Have you taken a look at what has been happening in Venezuela as "they tackled Climate Change"?...

Here is an overview of what AGW proponents wanted Venezuela to do.

Death of Hugo Chávez gives Venezuela a choice on climate change

Venezuela in fact did implement the extreme measures "to combat climate change" and guess what happened?...

Venezuela’s Energy Crisis Is Proof Renewables Aren’t Enough for the US

Not to mention, have you heard what Obama's EPA chief had to admit about the "drastic changes they wanted to implement to combat Climate Change"?...

EPA Chief concedes climate rule; it's about 'reinventing a global economy'

Notice also in the above link that the EPA chief had to concede to the fact that implementing the most extreme measures "to combat climate change" would at most reduce temperatures by 0.01C. And we are talking about more extreme measures that the Obama administration, a Clinton administration and the UN want to impose on the U.S. and other western nations

Then there are the other draconian policies that many AGW fans want forced on everyone. Such as:

Climate-change activists call for tax policies to discourage childbirth

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Excellent post.

Lets see how it turns out for California, with their SB32 legislation, it's not going to be pretty for the people over there.

Kim Un Brown is trying to make sure that North Korea does shoot a nuke at California by proving that California is every bit as much committed to Communism as North Korea is.
Link

The massive escalation in the states greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets between SB 32 versus AB 32 is huge with the reduced emissions target level declining from AB 32 levels of 431 million metric tons in 2020 to SB 32 levels of 259 million metric tons in 2030.

I'm embedding the video link from your post, maybe we can get some comments on it.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

It totally is a hoax! Scientists and so called "Educated" people are perpetuating the hoax on us to try and drain us of all our resources so that when nibiruans arrive we have no more defenses.

This is why I dont trust anyone with a university education.

And i for one am infuriated.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: searcherfortruth

It totally is a hoax! Scientists and so called "Educated" people are perpetuating the hoax on us to try and drain us of all our resources so that when nibiruans arrive we have no more defenses.

This is why I dont trust anyone with a university education.

And i for one am infuriated.

Why would "they" want us to be defenseless in the face of a Nibiruan invasion? Wouldn't "they" be invaded, too? Or killed or enslaved or whatever the Nibiruans want from us. How do educated people stand to benefit from their arrival?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

Because the educated people are working in collusion with them and when they come they are quite literally and possibly going to herd us into a compromised situation wear well be herded into the foodstocks because while they were coming we were all panicking about the rising sea levels because of non existant climmate change.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

Fuggle, sea levels are rising. They have been for the past 200 years. There has been no acceleration in the rate of change.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I've always had a problem with the whole "98% of scientists agree" thing.

WHICH scientists? Climate scientists?

Paleontologists?

Or some science group looking for Federal dollars?

A scientists has little chance understanding it better than me. Why should he? Because he or she has the title of scientist?

My garage door broke two months ago. I decided to learn how to fix it myself. Now, I'm not a garage door mechanic, but I did mechanic my garage door.

And there are myriad examples of everyone with good competency in just about everything, everywhere! You don't need to be a full time professional scientist to do science or understand it.

Don't tell me someone who goes to college for six years MOSTLY partying for the first two is any better at doing things than I am with my two year technical degree and four years of military experience while raising five kids.

Science is NOT that hard to figure out. It's easy. You just follow the methods.

Scientists as an individual are no better at determining the fate of our planet than the weatherman is with the forecast. Which BTW my grandfather the farmer could tell you better than the boob tube.

Putting professional scientists on a pedastal as if no one else can perform science is deifying and wrong. Instead of steering mankind from religion, you are in fact creating your own power over man.

JUST STOP

edit on 20-5-2017 by Tempter because: Sp

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I just gotta use this graphic, it shows what a bunch of BS the 97 percent thing really is, all in one nice image.

edit on 20-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
It was called 'global warming' for years, and they had to call it 'climate change', when global freezing to record lows!

The terms are used interchangeably. All of it means 'global warming', okay, now?

It has been colder, where I live. As have many other areas, around the world.

Oh, I forgot - it's all 'climate change', nothing is really 'colder' than normal!

Good to know!

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
I've always had a problem with the whole "98% of scientists agree" thing.

WHICH scientists? Climate scientists?

Paleontologists?

Or some science group looking for Federal dollars?

A scientists has little chance understanding it better than me. Why should he? Because he or she has the title of scientist?

My garage door broke two months ago. I decided to learn how to fix it myself. Now, I'm not a garage door mechanic, but I did mechanic my garage door.

And there are myriad examples of everyone with good competency in just about everything, everywhere! You don't need to be a full time professional scientist to do science or understand it.

Don't tell me someone who goes to college for six years MOSTLY partying for the first two is any better at doing things than I am with my two year technical degree and four years of military experience while raising five kids.

Science is NOT that hard to figure out. It's easy. You just follow the methods.

Scientists as an individual are no better at determining the fate of our planet than the weatherman is with the forecast. Which BTW my grandfather the farmer could tell you better than the boob tube.

Putting professional scientists on a pedastal as if no one else can perform science is deifying and wrong. Instead of steering mankind from religion, you are in fact creating your own power over man.

JUST STOP

Well said, Tempter.

Scientists are given a god-like status - from the government, from the mass media, et al.

Not because the government or media thinks that all scientists merit god-like status. Politicians and/or mass media flacks certainly are NOT authorities on science, or scientists.

So why should idiotic politicians puff them up into god-like figures?

Because the government pays their scientists to reach the government's pre-determined conclusions. Then nobody has the authority to ever dispute the conclusions of their scientific god-experts. And if contradictory evidence surfaces, it is not valid evidence. The government requires the approval of scientific authorities, before anything is considered to be valid evidence. Since the government defines 'scientific authorities' as anyone paid for deceptive arguments of gobbledygook, various hodgepodge of unfounded assumptions, which everything else can be based upon.

Argument from authority is a sheer fallacy.

What matters is evidence, all of the evidence, wherever it is, whoever finds it, no matter when it is found.

They don't want the truth, so they hide behind their 'experts', who spin a fantasy ..

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well...there is climate change. But not dramatically man-made which is the key.

What this is however is just another Liberal Induced Event (eg. LIE). If you haven't been watching here is how this works.

1. Liberals decide something they want. Typically money or control.
2. They make up a LIE and all their minions support the LIE.
3. They demonize anyone who doesn't believe the LIE which may include insults, violence or murder.

Examples: Trump's Russian friends, Man-made global warming, the need to pussify mankind, Benghazi, Operation Fast & Furious, $150 billion sent in cash, on palettes in the dark of night to Iran, etc.

Again...the cure for LIE is understand that everything a liberal offers is solely for the purpose of domination. It is always a LIE. So ignore them, don't give them attention and eventually they will go away.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join