It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

"Global Warming", Ha Ha, tell me another good joke!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21742600]arcnaver[/pos

So, if green things use Carbon Dioxide as a main source of energy, which allows them to thrive, which would in turn consume carbon dioxide and release oxygen, wouldn't this be good for the entire planet?

I understand what you are saying. There is evidence to suggest the C02 fertilization is already benefitting our planet This era could turn out to be called 'The Global Greening Era'. Fear Uncertainty and Doubt could be replaced by Optimism.

Global Greening

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It seems I may be on to something, at least there is someone besides me that has this opinion and when I tell you that I concluded this on my own without anything other than my common sense to guide me, maybe I should be a scientist.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Climate and earth changes expert Mitch Battros joined Richard Syrett to discuss scientific evidence for cyclical climate changes, and the periodic weakening of Earth's magnetic field. The melting of the Greenland ice shelf, for instance, has happened many times before, and the Earth goes through endless warming and cooling cycles. The driving force behind all these cyclical events, he suggested, is charged particles which come from various sources such as solar flares, and galactic cosmic rays created in interstellar events like supernovas. The particles contribute to the warming and cooling trends on all the planets, he added. During the time of solar minimum (what we're going through now), we have more cosmic rays entering our atmosphere, and this is associated with the lessening of the magnetic field, which serves to deflect the rays. Because of this, "we can expect an increase in extreme weather and volcanic events," he cautioned. Further, we're seeing signs leading to a magnetic pole shift. Animals and birds that are more reliant on a magnetic grid are probably going to be the most vulnerable, and some of these species in past cycles went extinct, he detailed. The cycle of precession, in which Earth's axis changes over 26,000 years, is associated with ice ages, he continued. And rather than strictly citing man-made causes, the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) is now including such things as volcanoes and solar events as having an effect on climate, and offering preparation information, he reported.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It was 80 degrees here in San Antonio today- hot for this time of year even in Texas.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

How about taking the chance? What would we lose?

We would lose millions, if not billions of lives...That's what we lose by the EPA and the globalists labeling CO2 a pollutant when CO2 is a basic building block for most life on the planet... We are living in a world where life as we know it is "carbon based". But hey, the globalists claim "depopulation would be good for us all and for Earth" so I guess it's okay...

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Agree 100% had an argument that volcanoes of the distant past would have caused more global warming than our short existence... people think because they exist the rest of the universe revolves around them.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Of course... 200 or so years of study and we think we've seen it all... the last 4 billion years must have been so boring...

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
It was 80 degrees here in San Antonio today- hot for this time of year even in Texas.

But I thought localized weather is not indicative of global climate change? At least that's the argument that the alarmists always use when somebody mentions how cold it is in their neck of the woods on that particular day. Or is it only when it's hotter than normal that it matters?

BTW, it was -35 here today. WAY colder than normal for this time of year where I'm at. I wonder what that means?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
While I agree, man-made global warming is a scam, it certainly is no joke. This is one of the most dangerous topics that humans have ever faced, outside of nuclear weapons. If we allow the government, especially the global government, to determine how much, and who can use energy, it will literally be he end of freedom as we know it. Us peasants will be regulated into non-energy poverty, while the elites like Al Gore will fly around the world in their private jets.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

The rest of the world is onboard with the 99% of climate scientists in agreeing it's a real problem.

Wrong! Not even close! Fake News!!
edit on 12-1-2017 by D8Tee because: .

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Im inclined to believe man has alot to do with it.
The amount of carbon dioxide we pump into the atmosphere is huge and this is the main contributor to global warming throughout the ages. Yes the earth does go through cycles that we dont understand completely but we do know that the CD concentration levels are ridiculously high and its due to us

I cant understand why people have such an issue with this, to me it just reeks of being in denial
First, I am in favor of being good stewards of our planet. Developing cleaner and more efficient sources of energy is progress we should always strive for. That being said, Many scientists are not in agreement with the mainstream view on climate change. These people are also knowledgeable on the subject, and they have earned the rights to their professional opinions.

Sure they are small numbered next to the mainstream, but at the very least it warrants scrutiny of the mainstream. What if the mainstream opinion turns out to be some kind of groupthink?

It seems to be in the best interest of the scientific community to give it some genuine thought.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bronco73

BTW, it was -35 here today. WAY colder than normal for this time of year where I'm at. I wonder what that means?

There must be some bias in your data, you need a magical thermometer to change that to -25.01232. I hear you can get one from the IPCC.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Same old set of lies and tired old plan from the left. Yes...there is climate change but it is a natural cycle of nature.

Al Gore championed "Global Warming" while flying around in jets, etc. and while using the "create a problem...tax the people and business" model, failed to get everyone on board. So here comes the rest of the left crying..."no one is listening to Al, lets push this so he has some legacy".

Fast forward to 2016 and Obama drummed out of office. And here is the left again about the failed, liberal-only, Obamacare experiment..."on one wants Obamacare, lets push this so he has some legacy".

Hey Democrats! I don't give a crap about your honored leader's legacy. I'm sick and tired of your lies and telling people that only you know what is right. I'm sick of the "everyone is equal" when you don't even believe it. I am so glad your entire philosophy failed and that you were exposed for the trash and corruption you own.

2017...a New Beginning for America!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Same old set of lies and tired old plan from the left. Yes...there is climate change but it is a natural cycle of nature.

What is the physics of that current natural cycle, and what is the experimental evidence demonstrating it?

And what is the experimental evidence demonstrating the greenhouse gas increases by humans is not having the predicted effect?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

What is the physics of that current natural cycle

What goes up must come down?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

What is the physics of that current natural cycle, and what is the experimental evidence demonstrating it?

And what is the experimental evidence demonstrating the greenhouse gas increases by humans is not having the predicted effect?

Don't even start...it isn't worth your time nor mine. You know the facts and you know the theory. The facts are that (if you believe the reports) we are experiencing a change of climate...the same type of change the Earth has experienced before. It is a FACT that man-made climate change is a THEORY. I have theories also about aliens, Kennedy and the left's plan to destroy America...but that doesn't make them facts.

When you have facts...scientific proof that man-made climate change of any significance is the cause of the problem and not a 1% affect...feel free to provide that globally accepted proof and I'll consider it. Until then...the left has lied to the world, they have shown their corruption and willingness to lie to get what they want...control. That is a FACT. I'm not listening to "the boy who cried wolf" any longer and the world is wise to the scheme.

So...100% verified proof that man has significantly affected the climate, or I stand on my original position. We need to do more to protect and clean up our world...but we don't need to suffer or pay the left taxes and fees to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join