It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Global Warming", Ha Ha, tell me another good joke!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: Phage

The old temperatures were 77.6 F (25.3 C) for July 2012 and 77.4 F (25.2 C) for July 1936.

The new, revised record pushes both temperatures down slightly, with July 1936 at 76.80 (24.89 C) and July 2012 just a hair lower at 76.77 F (24.87 C).

How can you get two decimal place significance from one decimal place numbers?

???

July 1936 at 76.80 (24.89 C) and July 2012 just a hair lower at 76.77 F (24.87 C).

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Usually if is a certain number degrees C in this many years.

NOAA Reinstates July 1936 As The Hottest Month On Record
Read more: dailycaller.com...

I think that people need to quit looking out the window and seeing a hot or cold day week or month and making it news. It's called weather and it is changing up and down. Just like it has done for millennia.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

It's all politicized. If it can be used to make money, it will be. That is the only reason it is important.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

At least one of them mentioned by Al Gore in the full video didn't predict a summer sea ice-free arctic until almost 2030.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Usually if is a certain number degrees C in this many years.
Well, the Paris accord calls for limiting warming to "well below 2 °C above pre-industrial levels and to pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5 °C above pre-industrial levels." No specfic actions. No timelines.

NOAA Reinstates July 1936 As The Hottest Month On Record
Yes I know. You said that 1936 was hotter than 2012. It wasn't.

It's called weather and it is changing up and down.
Climate is not the same thing as weather. And temperatures have going going up, not down.

edit on 1/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

There's some kind of magic involved in making thermometers that read to one decimal place read to two decimal places.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Greven

The problem is people make, including scientist make outrageous claims. Then the time that all the ice is supposed to melt passes and the next dire prediction comes. Or a "hiatus" in climate change.

When we can get the prediction of weather in 5 days right, I will believe that the scientists can forecast doom.

300 scientists send letter to Congress accusing NOAA of cooking the books on climate change
Read more: www.americanthinker.com... iEol

Former NASA Scientist Says Climate Change is 'Nonsense'
www.natureworldnews.com...

Scientists looking for what might happen make guesses based on trends in data. Besides the worst-case scenario prediction, there was another that Al Gore mentioned, far later in date for the same thing happening.

Meteorologists in Oklahoma do a damn good job of predicting the weather. The Polar Vortex that's been pushed into the United States was predicted back in mid-October.

I think you see what you want to see, and read what agrees with your opinions. Easy to do in a day where Google recommends things similar to your preferences.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Only for those who think that temperature adjustments are the equivalent of faking data. You know what an average is, right? Magic.

BTW, did you notice that they "faked" the temperatures downward?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

If they give a temp increase, there has to be a date somewhere. Or it is open ended and super easy to manipulate.

Now hold up just a sec. Either Noaa is right or not. They say that 36 was a fraction of a degree warmer that 12, or does this not fir the agenda?

Is climate change not a culmination of weather averaged over a given time in a given area?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I dunno, my degrees came with a short course in significant digits.
edit on 9-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

At least one of them mentioned by Al Gore in the full video didn't predict a summer sea ice-free arctic until almost 2030.

Again, how many models are there? Falling back on other models when you are proven wrong is a great strategy, I'll say that much, genius!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

If they give a temp increase, there has to be a date somewhere. Or it is open ended and super easy to manipulate.
There is no timeline. The goal is to keep the average global temperature within a maximum of 2º of pre-industrial levels. What do you think can be manipulated so easily? What is there to manipulate?

They say that 36 was a fraction of a degree warmer that 12, or does this not fir the agenda?
They said that average temperature of July of 1936 was 0.03º warmer than July of 2012. They said that 2012 had the highest average temperature ever recorded.

Is climate change not a culmination of weather averaged over a given time in a given area?
Yes. And average temperatures are rising, not falling, in most places.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

There are so many ways to manipulate the numbers. Gathering temps near heat sinks (cities).

Let's not forget this little gem.
Climategate: NOAA and NASA Complicit in Data Manipulation
pjmedia.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

If the temps were indeed rising wouldn't every year be another record? The last record warm year was 1936.

So we now agree climate change is still indeed weather.

Something isn't right with the approach of this whole thing.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

They said that average temperature of July of 1936 was 0.03º warmer than July of 2012.

Again, please explain how we get two significant digits after the decimal. You can't increase the precision of a reading by averaging can you?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

If the temps were indeed rising wouldn't every year be another record?
No.

The last record warm year was 1936.
False. The last record warm year was 2012.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Again, how many models are there? Falling back on other models when you are proven wrong is a great strategy, I'll say that much, genius!

Why don't you find the answer yourself?

I do not have the time nor desire to devote to such inquiries.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Myriad of models and magical thermometers, move along, nothing to see here folks.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

You can't increase the precision of a reading by averaging can you?

When I calculate my mileage I ignore the 10ths of both miles and gallons. I get 25.6 miles to a gallon on average. It's a good average that is very consistent. Every time I fill up my car.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Myriad of models and magical thermometers, move along, nothing to see here folks.

So you purposely ask a question that has basically no answer that I know of, then when I tell you to do the research yourself there's nothing to see?

It seems you are like many others, then. Actively trying to silence reality.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join