It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Global Warming", Ha Ha, tell me another good joke!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Just so I understand, are we presently doing fission at any US boomer plants? And is there a waste stream of bad Poo Poo that needs to be stored for ever and ever?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

So in ten years we could call it an oops, right.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Why does it constantly have to pointed out over and over to you types that man made climate change is a process that happens in addition to natural climate change? At no point has literally anyone denied natural changes in the climate, so constantly bringing them up is ridiculous. Especially as a tool to try to disprove MM Climate Change.

Agree it's really bizarre. The analogy is an ER doc seeing 4 patients with heart attacks the previous week, and when the next one comes in, with a hole in the chest and a bullet on the X-ray, saying "oh, it must be some kind of 'natural cycle''", referring to the past history.

Humans are doing something different than before.

I mean even saying the phrase "natural climate change" is rather ridiculous because climate is defined as the long term weather patterns in an area. If you accept that weather changes then you accept that climate changes. It's practically inevitable... This is why when I see people say things like the OP I die a little on the inside.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

No, that's not really how it works, the better your science gets, the better your findings are. We have enough science to know WHAT is happening, we may not have enough to know WHY it's happening.

Same thing with the opiates, we knew HOW they were working to address short term stuff/healing, not WHY and when we discovered why over long periods of usage, we decided to not use those things anymore, cause the science told us it was bad for us.

If in 10 years they had irrefutable evidence of MM Climate Change, I wonder how many people would actually choose to believe it.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

We do change the climate locally. I thought it was common knowledge around the world that Tropical fishes appear around fission nuclear plants due to the different environment.

One example.
sv.wikipedia.org...

Another Example of wildlife changing due to local environment change.

The clouds are created by water vapor. The more heat in the ocean the more water vapor.
en.wikipedia.org...

Greenhouse gases are those that absorb and emit infrared radiation in the wavelength range emitted by Earth. In order, the most abundant greenhouse gases in Earth's atmosphere are:
Water vapor (H2O)
Carbon dioxide (CO2)
Methane (CH4)
Nitrous oxide (N2O)
Ozone (O3)
Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs)

Compound Formula Concentration in atmosphere[25] (ppm) Contribution (%)
Water vapor and clouds H2O 10–50,000(A) 36–72%
Carbon dioxide CO2 ~400 9–26%
Methane CH4 ~1.8 4–9%
Ozone O3 2–8(B) 3–7%
notes: (A) Water vapor strongly varies locally[26]
(B) The concentration in stratosphere. About 90% of the ozone in Earth's atmosphere is contained in the stratosphere

edit on 9-1-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Same thing with the opiates, we knew HOW they were working to address short term stuff/healing, not WHY and when we discovered why over long periods of usage, we decided to not use those things anymore, cause the science told us it was bad for us.
~Tenth

Opiates are still used in the field of medicine, to say we have decided not to use them anymore is misleading.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
A globalization scam at best. a reply to: searcherfortruth

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

~Tenth

Opiates are still used in the field of medicine, to say we have decided not to use them anymore is misleading.

Well no it's not, we don't use the same kinds of opiates we used, ours are now made in a lab under controlled conditions and are chemically built for certain things. I was talking about Cocaine and Heroin specifically, as presented on the street.

Which actually just further proves my point. We developed new opiates that were..well I don't wanna say less dangerous cause that would be disingenuous, but we created drugs with better understanding as to cause the least amount of issues.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

AL Gore said the science was settled in 2007, now it must be super settled?
wattsupwiththat.com...

Al Gore Warns Polar Ice May Be Gone in Five Years
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

wattsupwiththat.com...

www.youtube.com...

Al Gore isn't a scientist. So no matter WHAT he says, it is irrelevant to what scientists are saying.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

We developed new opiates

Morphine is still widely used in the field of medicine, this is not a recent invention.
Under the generic name diamorphine, heroin is prescribed as a strong pain medication in the United Kingdom.
edit on 9-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So what anyone but a scientist says is not valid? I guess this will be the last post?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

wattsupwiththat.com...

www.youtube.com...

I don't think you watched that video, and certainly not the full video.

The video has him saying "'Some of the models suggest that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during some of the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years,' says Gore."

However, this is a politician talking about science and the absolute worst-case projection. The projection by that particular estimation was 2016 ± 3 years.

It is not a singular value, and it was not broadly expected to turn out to be accurate. Some models (not all) suggested at a less than 95% confidence that during some period of the summer, arctic sea ice might be essentially gone between 2013 and 2019.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Some models (not all) suggested at a less than 95% confidence that during some period of the summer, arctic sea ice might be essentially gone between 2013 and 2019.

How many models are there? Seems to be rather easy to get things right if an organization has many different models to draw from.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

The problem is people make, including scientist make outrageous claims. Then the time that all the ice is supposed to melt passes and the next dire prediction comes. Or a "hiatus" in climate change.

When we can get the prediction of weather in 5 days right, I will believe that the scientists can forecast doom.

300 scientists send letter to Congress accusing NOAA of cooking the books on climate change
Read more: www.americanthinker.com... iEol

Former NASA Scientist Says Climate Change is 'Nonsense'
www.natureworldnews.com...
edit on 9-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The problem is people make, including scientist make outrageous claims.
The problem is, people like to claim that a worst case scenario was the only one presented. It wasn't.

When we can get the prediction of weather in 5 days right, I will believe that the scientists can forecast doom.
Weather predictions attempt to be specific and actually can be quite accurate. Climate science is much broader. It says that as the world warms, climates will change. It is quite specific about something though. It says sea levels will rise. They are.

300 scientists send letter to Congress accusing NOAA of cooking the books on climate change
You know those claims are what exactly what inspired the detailed look at the data which is discussed in this thread, right? Turns out NOAA was right. www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Climate change tries to be very specific with the temp change so many degrees if we don't stop doing this and that on this specific date.

NOAA quietly revises website after getting caught in global warming lie, admitting 1936 was hotter than 2012

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

NOAA Report Destroys Global Warming Link To Extreme Weather

www.forbes.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Ah! How refreshing to read I'm not the only one! Most people treat this either as "CO2 is the root of all global warming and we're all gonna die!" or, "There is no such thing as global warming, it snowed here today!"

Personally, my thoughts are that weather patterns - climate if you wish - are becoming more erratic and different faster than they were "before." I don't know why - I suspect many natural and man-made factors may be at play, but, I don't really care why.

I would rather we figure out how we're going to adapt to it. Not how we're going to "fix" it. We are creatures of adaptation - and we're far better at adapting than we are at change (subtle differences between the two.)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Climate change tries to be very specific with the temp change so many degrees if we don't stop doing this and that on this specific date.
Sorry, I haven't seen any specific actions called for on specific dates. Can you provide some examples?

NOAA quietly revises website after getting caught in global warming lie, admitting 1936 was hotter than 2012
2012 was indeed the hottest year on record the US, by a long shot over 1936 (2016 is now in 2nd place, yea!).

You seem to be confusing monthly temperatures with annual temperatures. You should read your "source" more carefully. You see, it is true that July of 1936 was hotter than July of 2012, in the US. By 0.03º. There was no lie. Hard to lie when you publish the actual data.
www.livescience.com...

NOAA Report Destroys Global Warming Link To Extreme Weather
A blogger?

edit on 1/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The old temperatures were 77.6 F (25.3 C) for July 2012 and 77.4 F (25.2 C) for July 1936.

The new, revised record pushes both temperatures down slightly, with July 1936 at 76.80 (24.89 C) and July 2012 just a hair lower at 76.77 F (24.87 C).

How can you get two decimal place significance from one decimal place numbers?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join