It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Global Warming", Ha Ha, tell me another good joke!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

The rest of the world does alot of things us Americans disagree with. One of the great things about America is we do things our way. And while we respect the "rest" of the world opinion, they can pack it.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Thank you.

Oh, I am not sure about the words, how do you say "egoistische Wi$$er" in US-English without triggering the mods?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Daalder

20 years ago we were talking about it, it was called global warming.

Talk is cheap, you want to make a "difference" the corps and energy producers are a large part of the puzzle.

I would think autos would be a good place to start with efficiency and getting off oil.

Then how about a little thorium?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

That's why it's called 'Climate Change' and not 'Global Warming'.

And that's why we have scientists look into these things, and not armchair warriors.

98% of scientists agree with Climate Change. Does that mean we've done it all by ourselves, maybe, maybe not. But it is happening, whether any of you would like to admit it or not.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I have a problem with it because:

There is money to be made

There is fraud in the numbers

There is problems with the locations of temp sample sensors near heat sinks

Grant money

Humans with agendas on all sides of this because of $$$

Theres also money to be made by covering it up and not changing the way we do things.

Id guess the revenue from fossil fuel use and the other pollutants we pump into the atmosphere is significantly more than the money made by grants and book sales.

To me this whole argument is like having a screaming match on a sinking ship about how the hole got in the hull.
Fact: the earth is getting hotter, yes some years and places are warmer/cooler than others but its an undeniable fact, just look at pics of ice capped mountains from 20 years ago and compare them to today.
Fact: Humans pollute the environment to the point where its actually suicidal, our society is killing the earth and nothing is being done about it.

Now maybe these 2 facts arent related but the fact remains we need to stop polluting the planet or we wont be alive on it regardless of the temperature.
If theyre linked then fantastic, we prevent or slow down global warming while preserving the planet for our descendants.

If theyre not linked there is nothing we can do about the temp but we can stop polluting the earth.

Long story short we pollute too much and we need to change it, if not for ourselves then for our children and our childrens children

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Kinda said that, see last sentence.

originally posted by: seasonal

I have a problem with it because:

There is money to be made

There is fraud in the numbers

There is problems with the locations of temp sample sensors near heat sinks

Grant money

Humans with agendas on all sides of this because of $$$

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Why does it constantly have to pointed out over and over to you types that man made climate change is a process that happens in addition to natural climate change? At no point has literally anyone denied natural changes in the climate, so constantly bringing them up is ridiculous. Especially as a tool to try to disprove MM Climate Change.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Seriously? So you acknowledge weather change but dislike the terminology "global warming?" You've been used your whole life, been fed an altered history, and are monitored in every possible way on the daily.... and THIS bs which is completely out of human control is what has you staying up late? Lol, don't get upset with something even the elite absolutely cannot control. Yes, there have been projects with varying levels of success but no one can predict the exact outcome of a weather system encompassing the globe. Dude, enjoy your life. Walk away from things that honestly do not control you. We all know it's an illusion.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

But only pushing CO2 is political agenda. You have fission powered nuclear plants that warms up the oceans around the world 365 days a year creating increased water vapor around the world.

If greenhouse gases was the real target then making sure you do not warm up the oceans would be on the top of the list.
edit on 9-1-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: angryproctologist
www.breitbart.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.breitbart.com... ig-government/2016/03/10/us-attorney-general-we-may-prosecute-climate-change-deniers/a reply to: seasonal

Sorry-it was the US Attorney General (Obama's mouthpiece) wanting to PROSECUTE climate change deniers.

Kind of the same thing though (if you have been both in jail and in the nuthouse).

(Sorry this is my first time attempting to link outside the site)

www.breitbart.com...

Oh Well that is fine then. Breitbart is a fine, unbiased and upright source.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You know what the same is to be said for quitting smoking. Pence says all the scientists are full of crap. I'm sure its all about them wanting me to buy nicotine patches and chantix.

www.motherjones.com...

Every idiot in the world knows there is a study out there for every side of the story. Ignorance causes you to believe your source. Remember you seem to be part of the partial news generation. You only find the sources you believe in.

I have mine for smoking!! Now when I die I'll blame Trump/Pence!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

(now)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Naabaahii

Who are you addressing?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

So an idiot Huh? Why you dirty so and so.

Every idiot in the world knows there is a study out there for every side of the story. Ignorance causes you to believe your source. Remember you seem to be part of the partial news generation. You only find the sources you believe in.

edit on 9-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

It's both. Global Warming is the input, the cause, namely a globe-wide increase in electromagnetic radiation being emitted in the infrared from the upper atmosphere.

Climate Change is the consequence.

Both are scientifically proven.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

But only pushing CO2 is political agenda. You have fission powered nuclear plants that warms up the oceans around the world 365 days a year creating increased water vapor around the world.

The scientists look at all the effects they can think about and measure quantitatively. CO2 is not the only one but it is the dominant one.

If greenhouse gases was the real target then making sure you do not warm up the oceans would be on the top of the list.

Oy Vey.

Numbers matter, because this is physical science. It's plainly obvious that the heat output from fission into the oceans is utterly insignificant next to inputs and outputs from climate, namely the interaction between Sun, clouds, and atmosphere. Otherwise we would have changed the climate and weather enormously locally next to such plants, and we did not.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
Let's get real people, this debate over "Global Warming" is ridiculous. When the Earth is traveling 100,000 miles an hour, rotating on its axis, revolving around a Sun, hurtling through the galaxy, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, for billions of years, the climate is naturally going to be affected over the course of time.

Pole shifts and magnetic interference will cause there to be a lack of protection in the ozone allowing for a greater increase in radiation from the Sun. Where the Earth is when this happens, the part of the Earth that has the least protection will be the focus of extra heat and will be warmer. There will be some areas that get colder because they are facing away from the directed radiation.

I think we are absolutely experience warmer temperatures in some areas, but it has gotten colder in some areas, too. Just because the Earth gets warmer does not mean "Global Warming" has occurred. It is just natural events happening. Does this mean that humans have not contributed? No. We have done our part, but give me a break when you tell me humans are the only cause.

This Earth has been around for, according to some, over 4 billion years and has experienced many changes in weather patterns, are you really going to tell me "Global Warming" has only been an issue in our lifetime because of carbon emissions? The whole discussion, argument or debate is ridiculous and has been merely a distraction and is used as another way for the governments of the world to assert their dominance over a population they seek to control through any means possible.

Except that science as taken all of that into consideration and use all of that into their science. We know that humans have a huge impact on the environment and atmosphere. Just look at China and all of the air pollution there for just one example. Man Made Global warming simply states that there is warming trend caused by humans that is going on in addition to any other natural warming/cooling cycle we are in.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I favor substantial use of fission (in politically and geologically stable areas) as an unfortunate necessity.

I don't favor reactor designs which have liquified high-level radioactive waste, i.e. reactor is already in state of meltdown, as part of normal operations, such as the ones which have the actual fuel dissolved in mobile, and water-soluble, molten salts. As opposed to current fission reactors which have fuel and hence waste, well encased in dry, sealed pellets, well encased by the best zirconium steel.

There are far too many engineering problems and accident scenarios which would have radioisotope releases which don't occur with current fission plants. The LFTR's get rid of one class of problem, but there are others they induce.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why does it constantly have to pointed out over and over to you types that man made climate change is a process that happens in addition to natural climate change? At no point has literally anyone denied natural changes in the climate, so constantly bringing them up is ridiculous. Especially as a tool to try to disprove MM Climate Change.

Agree it's really bizarre. The analogy is an ER doc seeing 4 patients with heart attacks the previous week, and when the next one comes in, with a hole in the chest and a bullet on the X-ray, saying "oh, it must be some kind of 'natural cycle''", referring to the past history.

Humans are doing something different than before.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Yes, because as we understand things better, the definitions and characterisations of them change as well.

They used to call Heroin and Cocaine Medicine before they knew better too. Doesn't mean the science on those findings is bad, just because the science got better and more focused over time.

I'm not saying there isn't money to be made on both sides, and devious people looking to cash in. There are most certainly those things in place, just like there is for anything else.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join