It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Global Warming", Ha Ha, tell me another good joke!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Hotter by how much?

Didn't have a lot of thermometers in many parts of the world.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

You didn't answer what the relavence of 1934 was. Shall I answer for you?

Yes 1934 was a hot year in the US.

However one hot year, 80 years ago, in one country, does not disprove global warming no matter how much you might want it to.
edit on 6-6-2017 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

You didn't answer what the relavence of 1934 was. Shall I answer for you?

Yes 1934 was a hot year in the US.

However one hot year, 80 years ago, in one country, does not disprove global warming no matter how much you might want it to.
I am not trying to disprove global warming.

1. There has been no statistically significant warming in the last 18 years unless you cherry pick a el nino year.
2. There has been no acceleration in the rate of sea level rise.
3. There has been no statistically signiicant increase in hurricanes or cyclones.

4. The C02 has been rising in the last 18 years.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Data that hasn't been 'manipulated'

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

There has been a warming trend since 1998 desire using it as a cherry picked starting point.

Even if true lack of acceleration isn't really much of an argument. If you are falling from a plane with no parachute the fact that you may no longer be accelerating isn't much comfort.

If you are not arguing against global warming what is it you are arguing?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
2016, an El Nino year, edged out 1998, another El Nino year by 0.02C as the warmest year in the satellite era.

There's no consensus that humans were the main cause of the warming the earth went thru in the latter half of the 20th century.

There has been a warming trend since 1998 desire using it as a cherry picked starting point.

Build a graph starting at 1999 if you want.
End it in 2016 I don't care, it's still no cause for alarm.
edit on 6-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

used as another way for the governments of the world to assert their dominance over a population they seek to control through any means possible.

That is a beautiful sentence

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: turbonium1

If someone is predicting the sun is going to die in 8000 years, you might want to check and see what school they went to, sounds like a nutter to me.

The Sun will die, only when it dies is not known.

All we have are guesses, so nobody is a 'nutter', or a 'genius', in things unknown...

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Knowledge gets posted ,if you study certain things, like the building cold water to the south of Greenland, the ice cores saying that severe climate change, is quick. Past societies getting wiped out when the change happens. You can dismiss it or not, because we are all going to die anyway. It just depends if it moves you to take precautions or not. It's a # sandwich either way you look at it.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Knowledge gets posted ,if you study certain things, like the building cold water to the south of Greenland, the ice cores saying that severe climate change, is quick. Past societies getting wiped out when the change happens. You can dismiss it or not, because we are all going to die anyway. It just depends if it moves you to take precautions or not. It's a # sandwich either way you look at it.

The problem is that our knowledge of the Sun is very limited. Knowing when the Sun will die, is anyone's guess.

We barely know what the Sun will do in the next minute, let alone in a few week, or in 100 years. They know some things, like when the Sun is more active, it's solar cycles, and so forth. But, really, that's a bit like saying apes know all about bananas, because they know bananas grow on certain trees, and taste great!

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join