It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Global Warming", Ha Ha, tell me another good joke!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Let's get real people, this debate over "Global Warming" is ridiculous. When the Earth is traveling 100,000 miles an hour, rotating on its axis, revolving around a Sun, hurtling through the galaxy, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, for billions of years, the climate is naturally going to be affected over the course of time.

Pole shifts and magnetic interference will cause there to be a lack of protection in the ozone allowing for a greater increase in radiation from the Sun. Where the Earth is when this happens, the part of the Earth that has the least protection will be the focus of extra heat and will be warmer. There will be some areas that get colder because they are facing away from the directed radiation.

I think we are absolutely experience warmer temperatures in some areas, but it has gotten colder in some areas, too. Just because the Earth gets warmer does not mean "Global Warming" has occurred. It is just natural events happening. Does this mean that humans have not contributed? No. We have done our part, but give me a break when you tell me humans are the only cause.

This Earth has been around for, according to some, over 4 billion years and has experienced many changes in weather patterns, are you really going to tell me "Global Warming" has only been an issue in our lifetime because of carbon emissions? The whole discussion, argument or debate is ridiculous and has been merely a distraction and is used as another way for the governments of the world to assert their dominance over a population they seek to control through any means possible.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

I agree, its a hoax perped on ordinary people, probably to make them more compliant when they tell you they don't have enough resources-- for you, because the mega corporations have used and polluted them all up.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

NO silly it is climate change, then there is climate hiatus, don't forget no hurricanes are good or is it bad? Then there is the fraud in the numbers by Nasa and is it Noaa?

The names are stupid and it's about the money oh all that sweet sweet carbon credit money.

How much is Al Gore worth?
More than $200 million
Former vice president Al Gore had a net worth of about $1.7 million at the turn of the century and 13 years later, his wealth has grown to more than $200 million.

edit on 9-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
So, your point is " We have done our part,..." and "the Earth gets warmer does not mean "Global Warming""?...
And you don't think that those points should be worth noting?

How about taking the chance? What would we lose?

IF parts of the industry are changing their production to more eco-friendly products, how would this be bad?

If we stop emitting fossile CO2 or even just reduce the amount of this emission, what do we lose?

In a climate changing discussion, usually we reach the point of "I had snow on my windows/car this morning, SNOW! WHERE IS THE HEAT?!" early on in the beginning. Let me counter this, maybe in advance by saying "I ate this morning, I am not hungry. THERE IS NO WORLD HUNGER."

In fact, not letting thermal energy evaporate into space by saturation of greenhouse-gases (which work just like that), we are putting more and more energy inside earths athmosphere - which brings us more and more extreme weathers. Good luck with that. But no climate-change-sceptic will have read this far, I know.. Our children will suffer for this ignorance.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Isn't it nice that the traitorous bast$rd of a president (and his administration) that wanted to make people that disagreed with the lie of man-made global warning to be considered mentally ill and dealt with accordingly is leaving just angry and humiliated.

Just the future lack of Obama's hot air and lies should reduce our nation's "carbon footprint" dramatically.

Edit to add:It was actually the US Attorney General that wanted to prosecute climate change deniers.Seasonal pointed out my mistake.
edit on 9-1-2017 by angryproctologist because: brnfrt

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Im inclined to believe man has alot to do with it.
The amount of carbon dioxide we pump into the atmosphere is huge and this is the main contributor to global warming throughout the ages. Yes the earth does go through cycles that we dont understand completely but we do know that the CD concentration levels are ridiculously high and its due to us

I cant understand why people have such an issue with this, to me it just reeks of being in denial

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

When you say "us",you are referring to China,right?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: angryproctologist

Where did you get the mentally ill info, can I get a source please?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I have a problem with it because:

There is money to be made

There is fraud in the numbers

There is problems with the locations of temp sample sensors near heat sinks

Grant money

Humans with agendas on all sides of this because of $$$

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
www.breitbart.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.breitbart.com... ig-government/2016/03/10/us-attorney-general-we-may-prosecute-climate-change-deniers/a reply to: seasonal

Sorry-it was the US Attorney General (Obama's mouthpiece) wanting to PROSECUTE climate change deniers.

Kind of the same thing though (if you have been both in jail and in the nuthouse).

(Sorry this is my first time attempting to link outside the site)
edit on 9-1-2017 by angryproctologist because: (no reason given)

www.breitbart.com...
edit on 9-1-2017 by angryproctologist because: arrgggghhh

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Thank you, I have some reading to do.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Here's a good one:
I hope you live in Miami...and keep on gazguzzeling.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Why is it said that anyone that disagrees with man made global warming if just fine with pollution?
I have never heard anyone say we should not work hard to keep our environment clean.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
You know it's only really in America where this weird anti-science sentiment exists about climate change.

The rest of the world is onboard with the 99% of climate scientists in agreeing it's a real problem.

Yet in America there's this odd circle of people who refuse to believe the hard science, because... they know better than climate scientists because they read some right-wing blogs funded by the oil industry?

Bizarre.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Breitbart? Really?
Oh my...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Source on the faked numbers? Source on its a hoax?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Agreed, one of the major problems with corps outsourcing to 3rd world countries for manufacturing is pollution. The workers in the factories can just take the hydraulic oil out of the metal press tank and dump it literally behind the factory or in a water way.

But hey at least we get low, low prices on Nike and Apple---hey wait a second.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryproctologist

When you say "us",you are referring to China,right?

Who buys the crap they produce?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Because, me for one, would be more happy when the effects rain on people who deny the truth.
We have saying that for those who do not listen will have to suffer.

You see: time for discussion was 20 years ago.
Now it is time to suffer the consequences.
Discussion is over...Miami is flooding...get with the program ...do something...stop talking...little more action please...get your head out of the sand...don't commongerup any more excuses...the world is heating up and you do nothing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join