It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese state tabloid warns Trump, end one China policy and China will take revenge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

"If Trump reneges on the one-China policy after taking office, the Chinese people will demand the government to take revenge. There is no room for bargaining," said the Global Times.

Cruz said some members of Congress had received a letter from the Chinese consulate asking them not to meet with Tsai during her stopovers.

"The People's Republic of China needs to understand that in America we make decisions about meeting with visitors for ourselves," Cruz said in a statement. "This is not about the PRC. This is about the U.S. relationship with Taiwan, an ally we are legally bound to defend."

SOURCE

According my research, if Taiwan is attacked by another nation, The People's Republic of China will not defend it. In my mind that would put the issue concerning whether Taiwan is really part of The People's Republic of China to rest. I'm not sure if that's accurate information. I hope that issue can be sorted out in this thread.

Once again Trump is proving that he's not a puppet. I know that thought causes some people to be afraid. I believe that no POTUS should ever be a puppet.

How do you see this controversy transpiring?
edit on 9-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

According my research,...................

you may add to that - is free travel permitted ?

i think you already know teh answer

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

If Trump reneges on the one-China policy after taking office, the Chinese people will demand the government to take revenge.

I think what he meant to say was that the Chinese people will be complicit in their communist regime's attempt to undermine western capitalism.

Yes, that sounds better.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Once again Trump is proving that he's not a puppet. I know that thought causes some people to be afraid. I believe that no POTUS should ever be a puppet.

You know, I think that he is just using Taiwan to better his position before whatever negotiations may come. China now wants something from Trump too; they want him - they REALLY want him - to adhere to the one-China-policy and I bet you he will ask "what can you give me in return?".

It is quite clever actually.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Make no mistake, the Chinese mean it, because their attitude has been the same for decades.
They regard Taiwan as part of China.
They reluctantly tolerate the fact that Taiwan has been under independent administration since the end of the civil war. Their main reason for tolerating it is that they do not want an immediate war with Taiwan's protectors.
However, they make mutterings of war even if Taiwan tries to declare itself a separate country. If Taiwan was invaded by another power (Japan again? Russia?) with a view to incorporating the island, that power would probably find themselves at war with China.
If Trump decided to abandon the one-China approach, their short-term response would be in the diplomatic field, where they would be less co-operative.
Nixon had the right idea. Make friends with China, for the sake of co-operation against Russia.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Taiwan is kinda Chinese, they have the same language and culture (basically) and if Im not mistaken they seperated due to a civil war.

Would Americans respect Hawaiis sovereignty if a bunch of Californians decided they didnt like Trump and moved over there and set up shop?

The truth is China is quite possibly the least Imperialistic power the world has ever seen, the only bad thing I can put on them with 100% certainty is the invasion of Tibet.

Historically the Chinese have always worked with diplomacy and trade as opposed to military aggression, I always find it amusingly ironic when Americans or Brits complain about them as aggressors.

Im no Chinese apologist, just telling it how I see it

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It's statements like this one from China that really underline how far the USA has fallen on the world stage over the last 8 years. China telling the US not only which policies it can and can't adopt, but even who they can meet. Amazing.
What has happened?!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff
Yes, I don't think the Chinese want conquest. Their foreign policy is about two things;
1) The sphere they controlled before China was weakened in the nineteenth century. Hence re-occupation of Tibet, border friction with India and Russia, wanting Taiwan back.
2) Access to the resources they need for industry. This is where the South China Sea comes in, and their diplomacy with Africa and South America.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

War with China.

That is all.

I hope the USA has better ways to fight them than on the ground - there is an awful lot of them.
edit on 9-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: Profusion

War with China.

That is all.

I hope the USA has better ways to fight them than on the ground - there is an awful lot of them.

I don't think that is an option, considering China has more modern ICBMs than the USA.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You forget all the black budget military projects the USA has invested in over the years.

I am sure they have a few hidden surprises. Besides Chinese engineering...... Lol.....

All they are any good at is making poor quality copies

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

You forget all the black budget military projects the USA has invested in over the years.

I am sure they have a few hidden surprises. Besides Chinese engineering...... Lol.....

You are right about that - the 'black budget' could indeed hide significant capability. I fear it is more likely only hidden because the cash is being embezzled out of the US govt coffers into the hands of a few rich people.

Overall I think China is not a country the USA could ever hope to defeat in a war.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Overall I think China is not a country the USA could ever hope to defeat in a war.

But......

Enter one Vladimir Putin on the scene, another nation that feigns friendship with China only because it is safer than trying to defend it's borders and voila - the field evens up a lot.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

But......

Enter one Vladimir Putin on the scene, another nation that feigns friendship with China only because it is safer than trying to defend it's borders and voila - the field evens up a lot.

Indeed, there is going to be a lot of political manoeuvring over the next couple of years. However, when you look at past wars, for instance Vietnam, the outcome would suggest that defeating China without a nuclear option would be an impossible task even if the entire world combined against them.
I think China needs to be dealt with economically. It's within the USA's control to determine just how much prosperity China will be allowed.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

We can start by stopping the imports of Chinese made goods.

There is very little that they make that we can't manufacture ourselves.

The only thing where they really have us with us rare earth minerals.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Taiwan is kinda Chinese, they have the same language and culture (basically) and if Im not mistaken they seperated due to a civil war.

Would Americans respect Hawaiis sovereignty if a bunch of Californians decided they didnt like Trump and moved over there and set up shop?

The truth is China is quite possibly the least Imperialistic power the world has ever seen, the only bad thing I can put on them with 100% certainty is the invasion of Tibet.

Historically the Chinese have always worked with diplomacy and trade as opposed to military aggression, I always find it amusingly ironic when Americans or Brits complain about them as aggressors.

1st technically Hawai is still the US so that analogy doesn't really work. lol

2nd I'd much rather us ally with Russia than china. As much as I am weary of Putin I'm pretty damn sure that with Russia in alliance w us we could overcome china , and much less likely to get a knife in the back afterwards..

It would be an uneasy war alliance, but if we did the same w china we wouldn't see the sun set before China would try and cut our throats

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

And Taiwan was still a Chinese province when the Nationalists retreated there to escape from the Communists, so the Hawaii analogy is actually right on the nail. It even includes the element that there was a native population in Hawaii before the Americans arrived, which is a complicating factor in the Taiwan situation.

edit on 9-1-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

2nd I'd much rather us ally with Russia than china. As much as I am weary of Putin I'm pretty damn sure that with Russia in alliance w us we could overcome china , and much less likely to get a knife in the back afterwards..

It would be an uneasy war alliance, but if we did the same w china we wouldn't see the sun set before China would try and cut our throats

Id rather no one went to war with anyone haha

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

If we could ignore the fact that the chinese government is hiding behind its people in that threat it would have made for a very ballsy one. A huge demand of submittance of the china towards china. But the reality of it is that they did hide behind the so called voice of the chinese people (which is quite a joke comming from the chinese rulers). What they are left with is 1 toothless threat if i ever saw one and it will be treated as such.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoMon, 09 Jan 2017 06:37:27 -06001720171America/Chicago by everyone because: Typo

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The black budget is nothing but a myth to create the illusion that the United States has something up its sleeve. I'm sure they might have a few experimental aircraft and land based vehicles but I'm sure there is nothing there that is a complete game changer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join