It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could live in any film/book/video game universe, which would you choose and why?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I would want to live in the universe of the film Pleasantville (1998). I'm assuming that I could live in the 1950s sitcom show that's in the film. I'm also assuming if I didn't like living in the 1950s sitcom show that I would have the choice of coming back to the modern era. I would like to experience that because I'm tired of almost everything that the modern era stands for. I guess I just want to continue with my pursuit of the red pill in a peaceful environment.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Great question

I would choose either The Star Wars universe or the Wheel of Time world.

Star wars because theres so many worlds and species and things to explore, of course youd need a space ship to fully enjoy it and I cant imagine those are easy to come by, unless your prepared to steal it during an imperial attack when everyones distracted.

And The Wheel of Time world would just be awesome as long as I was able to channel the One power, it would just be fricken Awesome to be an Aes Sedai or Ashaman.

S&F for a great thread idea, Ill be watching closely to rip on everyone who chooses lame or stupid places to hypothetically live.
Because your the OP you get a pass on choosing the lame ass Pleasantville universe, despite the fact I couldnt think of anything more dull and I think its a stupid choice I promise to keep it to myself

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Inside Smash TV would be awesome, as long as as the 'universe' is set on freeplay. All that action, that total carnage, that big money, those big prizes... I'D LOVE IT!

edit on 9-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Profusion

Interesting idea.

Can people only choose one?

Inside SmashTV would be awesome, as long as you're always on freeplay. All that action, that big money, those big prizes... I'D LOVE IT!

OH SNAP!!!

I didnt read the game part.

Thats easy then Id choose to live in the city of Sigil in the Planescape Torment universe, this city basically has doors to every single time and place in the multiverse you just need to find the key.

Is that answer kinda cheating though? it almost seems like getting 1 wish and wishing for more wishes.

Feck it, I choose Planescape Torment world, you didnt make the rules clear so my choice isnt cheating, from there I can go to Star wars and Wheel of time universes and anywhere else.
This is my choice and other people cant come along and steal it

edit on 9/1/2017 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Any Brazzers "movie", would do

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

I was wondering how long that'd take!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Idiocracy...Oh wait i'm already here

Guardian of the Galaxy...i would love to be an ancient artifact hunter on distant planets and galaxy's, having a ship with crew (archaeologist)...dig dig dig.
edit on 9-1-2017 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I choose Planescape Torment world, you didnt make the rules clear so my choice isnt cheating, from there I can go to Star wars and Wheel of time universes and anywhere else.

That's a great idea. I'm changing my choice. I don't care about the rule you just made.

I chose the universe of the film Pleasantville because a boring, uneventful environment is very attractive to me. I'm tired of chaos.
edit on 9-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I choose Planescape Torment world, you didnt make the rules clear so my choice isnt cheating, from there I can go to Star wars and Wheel of time universes and anywhere else.

That's a great idea. I'm changing my choice. I don't care about the rule you just made.

HAHAHA

Touche

Just make sure you dont run into me in Sigil, if you do it wont be long till your in the care of the Dustmen

If any ATS women get that reference Ill marry them right now

EDIT: this is why I love ATS, that trip down memory lane lead me to google Torment and I just found out they have released another 1!!!
It was like the highest rated RPG of all time and it took them 20 fricken years to bring out a 2nd one.
Im currently downloading it and just want everyone to know if I dont post for a week or so Im not dead Im just playing my new game

Im so freaking excited, if I was a puppy there would be a massive and expanding pool of pee under me right now
edit on 9/1/2017 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Sandman.

Assuming I'm playing an immortal character in it.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
If not for the danger I might have chosen King's Landing in Game of Thrones, it's very picturesque.

So, wanting somewhere safer, I'll opt for Diagon Alley and all things Harry Potter.

I bet I think of somewhere achingly cool after I post this

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Ankh-Morpork on Terry Pratchett's Discworld for sure, magic, humour, fantasy setting but close enough to real world, and I always wanted to try a Dibbler sausage inna bun.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The Shire in Lord of the Rings after the ring is destroyed. Peace, quiet, green, and happy hobbits. Or Rivendell.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Galadriel

I'd go for the shire, after the ring was destroyed and the elves started leaving for the undying lands Rivendell would feel pretty lonely.

Plus they have the best tobacco and take food as seriously as is deserved

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Learningman
Ankh-Morpork on Terry Pratchett's Discworld for sure, magic, humour, fantasy setting but close enough to real world, and I always wanted to try a Dibbler sausage inna bun.

Hells yes!!!!

I name Ankh Morpork the first stop on my multiverse "world?" tour

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Id want to live in the 7 days to Die universe.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I would like to live in "The Number of The Beast" and "The Cat Who Walks Through Walls" universe of Robert A Heinlein. Space/time/dimensional travel in Dora [ with those impossible garden bathrooms - think TARDIS bigger on the inside ] and they finally meet up with/become part of the Lazarus Long family.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I would go with Middle Earth though not just The Shire.

Also maybe the NCC-1701D right at the start of Encounter at Farpoint so I could be a part of the full TNG run.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
garth marenghi's Darkplace

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The Three Stooges world. I would love to live in a place where hitting someone in the head with a hammer made a cool coconut sounding noise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join