It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meryl Streep's Golden Globe Trump Rant - Hollywood in the Spotlight

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth Or do what he does and threaten to sue then cry about how "misunderstood" you are on Twitter.I understand him very well he's stupid and a bully.I look forward to seeing him completely undermined and ran outta office.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Not true. He tried to court them but they don't like him and won't support him. If they did like him he most certainly would welcome them with open arms.

That said, that does not answer my original question. Trump is more like of a Hollywood type than a politician so how is it he's president and why should we listen to him?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Not true. He tried to court them but they don't like him and won't support him. If they did like him he most certainly would welcome them with open arms.

That said, that does not answer my original question. Trump is more like of a Hollywood type than a politician so how is it he's president and why should we listen to him?

To answer your questions, he is President because he won an electoral college landslide and you should listen to him because it is in your interests to do so.

Note, he does not require your attention if that is your preference.
edit on 9/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Exactly. Toys left the pram because he's hated. Complete crybaby. President snowflake can't take a movie star putting him down, awww, so sad.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mike dangerously
a reply to: UKTruth Or do what he does and threaten to sue then cry about how "misunderstood" you are on Twitter.I understand him very well he's stupid and a bully.I look forward to seeing him completely undermined and ran outta office.

That's quite a destructive little scenario you are having to ponder.
Good luck.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
What many people praising Streep are forgetting is that while she is certainly entitled to her opinion and may exercise her freedom of speech within the law anyway she likes, there is such a thing as "appropriateness for the occasion" if you know what I mean.

The award was meant to celebrate her acting career and the awards ceremony as a whole is meant to be about recognising actors' and those behind the scenes of the entertainment industry's contribution to film and TV. It's not meant to be a political platform where you ridicule politicians you disagree with.

You should refrain from mixing politics and entertainment unless it's part of your job description.

edit on 9/1/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

More fake news- "he won an electoral college landslide "

donny's share of the electoral college votes was ranked 44th out 54 elections. There is no way that this could be considered a landslide.

www.factcheck.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Yeah, it was a mistake on her part to turn it into that.

And what about forgiveness?

Is mercilessness the way to go?

It wasn't helpful to the healing process of the nation.

Very small minded and selfish, childish. Crazy, in a way.

What's with all the inaccurate, partisan analysis?

It was in bad form.

Is not one in the media pointing that out?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

That's just it, Streep manipulated even the WTF onlookers like Ryan Gosling, into believing what she had to say was relevant, which it wasn't. She's like Hollywood geriatric crowd, one of the still living stars on film.

It's pathetic what she did, and I didn't approve of how she used the event and turned it into a pity party event for all things liberal.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN

That's just it, Streep manipulated even the WTF onlookers like Ryan Gosling, into believing what she had to say was relevant, which it wasn't. She's like Hollywood geriatric crowd, one of the still living stars on film.

It's pathetic what she did, and I didn't approve of how she used the event and turned it into a pity party event for all things liberal.

You may have noticed that there were also some stony faces in that crowd and people who did not applaud her. I guarantee you, when it's in the Hollywood types interests to switch sides, they will.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yes, quite right. There were a few who looked surprised and almost embarrassed she'd mentioned them at all. It's possible she pointed those ones out on purpose, as if she knew they were on the fence or over on the other side she's on. Some of them anyways.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

To LesMisanthrope

I actually agree with you. Childish defensiveness does not constitute crying. But while I don't aim this at you specifically (as I don't know you), you cannot deny for one minute that there is a very vocal contingent on the right that spew the crybaby/libtard/snowflake narrative as if it was paying them per use.

Now I'll caveat this by saying that I don't consider these idiots any more representative of your side of the fence than I do the extremist SJW idiots on the other side representing the majority of liberals. Extremist morons on both sides poison the entire debate for the rest of us. Which is my point - the trolls are extremely quiet on this, and if the boot was on the other foot it would be LOL I'M DRINKING LIBERAL TEARS again. It's pathetic.

On the other note- yes, responding to every bit of criticism in the media with defensive tweets makes him thin skinned. 100%. A world leader should have far more important things to focus on than getting involved in Internet arguments. It's immature and a considerable weakness. Strength would be disregarding comments which don't matter, and getting on with running the country. Success as potus would be far more effective than saying things like 'YEAH WELL SHE'S OVER RATED' to one of the world's most successful actresses.

This is a huge huge weakness of his and it's distracting him from doing his job. I can't believe none of you are even remotely concerned about it. Questioning your leader makes you smart. Blind faith does not.

Defending one's name does not constitute "childish defensiveness". However, I do agree that there is some rhetoric that is not constructive to discussion—name-calling is the basest form of propaganda—but it pails in comparison to the demonizing, fear-mongering and virtue-signalling put on display on a massive platform such as the Golden Globes. Twitter trolls and ATS members do not have the reach of a Meryl Streep and the army of journalists that reported on what she said.

As for Trump's twitter antics, it didn't distract him from his successful campaign, or from running his empire. Trump is not leader yet, and I think it is people like yourself that is enamoured by Trump, and distracted from criticizing your leader Obama, the president of the United states of America. When Trump is leader, his proposals implemented, and the results are manifest, we will be able to properly criticize him. Until then it is fear-mongering, virtue-signalling, and superstition.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRaxVirus

The event occurred because donny couldn't find it in his heart to apologize to the american people that his actions were misconstrued or misinterpreted.

Apologize for other people's mistakes. That's rich.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
Your thoughts?

Trump tweeted because 140 characters is the limit of his intellect (and even then he can't spell correctly DUH!!!) and the US electorate (well less than the majority in actual fact) voted him as president......OMG!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Regarding the GOLDEN GLOBES..

Did anyone WIN any awards last night? All I see on TV news tonight is that Marilyn Strep heifer's face.
edit on 1/9/2017 by carewemust because: spelling correction

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

Your thoughts?

Trump tweeted because 140 characters is the limit of his intellect (and even then he can't spell correctly DUH!!!) and the US electorate (well less than the majority in actual fact) voted him as president......OMG!

It's interesting though, you have to give it that.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I've never understood why people care what entertainers think or "feel".
I've never understood why entertainers think anyone cares what they think or how they "feel".

I guess it's because people do what we are doing. Talking about what an entertainer said.

We should stop doing this.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

Your thoughts?

His spelling is excellent. I'm sure if you look hard enough you may find a typo, but, in general, his spelling skills are superb. As for the electorate, many of the same ones that voted Obama in voted Donald Trump in.

Look it up. His IQ is on the genius level....really. He is actually smarter than the average president. That's not surprising considering his family tree.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Now that's Impressive!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

If she only knew, or maybe she does..

Hollywood, on display.

But why do they wield any political power or influence again..?

Your thoughts?

My thoughts on this are that actors are spoiled people who think they actually matter outside of the silver screen.

The most overpaid actors make an average yearly salary in a SINGLE day of shooting.

This seems to entitle them to feel like they should both solve all the problems in the world, as well as actually be listened to when they present their solution to everything under the sun.

Some actors are in pure "Elvis fashion" undoubtedly hired to be spokesholes - It's interesting how George Clooney hasn't been concerned about Africa for quite some time. Contract ran out?

Meryl Streep is probably just an average, whiney "Not my president!" liberal. I feel no sympathy with their pain - as long as THEIR candidate was Hillary Clinton. I'm glad I'm not American and had to pick one of the candidates.

I don't think actors should have more say in anything than your average plumber or taxi driver. The latter have probably better ideas on a number of things, than a lot of posh people out of touch with the real world.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join