It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meryl Streep's Golden Globe Trump Rant - Hollywood in the Spotlight

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

What's going to happen when foreign leaders start criticizing him?

We all know by now that Trump likes to hit back, and that's what he will do. If that to you is "not handling criticism", as if silence or capitulation is how one should take criticism (even when that criticism is false), then I think you might need to examine the real world a little more.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
In 2017 we will have yuuuuge movies hitting on Trump, Lollywood will fight politicaly throught them, can't wait!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
First off, I am not a Hillary supporter. I’ve been a lifelong republican but did not vote for the short-finger vulgarian. I skipped voting in this election, the first in 40 years.

I am the father of a special needs child who was mocked the day after the election by older kids in her school ala the "the donald trump" arms waving gesture. They even told her that the 'new prez' said it was okay to make fun of her.
Donny could have easily nipped this situation in the bud by offering a sincere, personal, and real apology to Kovaleski, when he was first accused of making the gesture, a year ago. Even if trump truly believes he didn't do it, he should have offered an apology for his actions being misconstrued as they were.
Who really cares if Meryl brought the topic to the forefront again, the ball has been in donny's court for over a year now and he simply chooses not to apologize for his actions
Unfortunately, donny, is nothing other than a bully and punk that can't ever admit that he is wrong. His thin-skin twitter reactionary behavior is going to be a way of life for the next 4 years.

I don't care if you are a trump supporter or not, one should look into your own heart and ask if mocking the disabled and giving this behavior any legitimacy, is something you want in a leader.

And if the situation couldn't get any more bizarre, Kellyanne said today on CNN, “Donald Trump should not be held accountable for the things he says and journalist should focus on what’s in his heart”

edit on 9-1-2017 by TheRaxVirus because: grammar

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well Donald Trump is the President so he deserves respect and I hope he leads the country well but I'm not that big of a fan of him either. He's a very prideful man and he seems to value money above all things. He claims to be a Christian but is apparently unaware of what that means. I say apparently because it is possible that he does ask Christ's forgiveness and is simply too egotistical to admit that in public, which I hope is the case.

You're probably right though if he does well they're going to have a collective conniption. Or the actors that they are they'll swing right and it'll be all stars and stripes forever.
edit on 1/9/2017 by Josephus because: removed a superfluous "are"

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I had to laugh when this broke. I knew trump would be "butthurt" as you all love to say. And so far this thread is 90% crying hypocrites foaming at the mouth over an awards acceptance speech. An expression of free speech, no less. And none of you repubtards (see, I can make up playground names too) have even acknowledged how thin skinned your Dear Leader clearly is.

Can someone please riddle me this: all those of you who gloat/goad/troll daily, calling liberals butthurt cry babies who can't take free speech - do you not see the massive irony here?

Do you not find it troubling that you have a leader who absolutely can't take criticism without immediately crying about it on twitter? Anyone with even a basic grasp of English can see that it's not him "owning" his critics; it's a grown man reacting emotionally with utterly pitiful responses worthy of a moody teenager. It shows gross immaturity on his part. It's genuinely amusing to watch. Example: "the most over rated actress in Hollywood" - desperate attempt to say something insulting, and objectively wrong because even if you hate her, nobody could say for one second that she's over rated. She's undeniably an excellent actress.

So does it not bother you at all? Do you not wish he was slightly thicker skinned? And don't pretend for one second you wouldn't be saying "butthurt cry more lol" if hillary had done the same thing.

Hypocrisy personified.

And before you start with the copy/paste comments, I'm liberal about some things and conservative on others. And I wouldn't have voted for this idiot or Hillary. So you'll need to dig deep for some original content in your response.

edit on 9-1-2017 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2017 by fencesitter85 because: Words

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Once the dirt is swept under the carpet it is out of sight, so for Hillary people will chose to remember her as Bernie...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
She's overrated as an Actress, he's has 6 bankruptcies and been put in charge of a country, who's overrated at what?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

GO President Trump!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRaxVirus

I know you will not bother to read this single page or the videos provided, but maybe, just maybe I can hope just like you do for a better understanding and for individuals such as yourself to find your heart again.

www.catholics4trump.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

GO President Trump!

Agreed. Go. Please go and plan how you're going to run the country and stop tweeting every single little thought whenever someone puts you down.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I fixed a CNN report on this:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I loathe the Hollywood elite, but they are more than entitled their opinions.

However, Streep epitomizes the hypocrisy of these people.

She claims she was shaken by trump mocking a disabled person. Fair enough.

Yet she stood and applauded and has defended Roman polanski, a man that raped a child.

So don't mind me if I find her moral stance to be lacking.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
I fixed a CNN report on this:

Excellent work.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Can someone please riddle me this: all those of you who gloat/goad/troll daily, calling liberals butthurt cry babies who can't take free speech - do you not see the massive irony here?

I do see the irony. Trump is supposed to take criticism but not give it back or he is labelled thin-skinned. That seems to me an absurd proposition. He has just as much a right to defend his name as much as others wish to tarnish it. I do see the irony; I do see the hypocrisy; but probably not in the way you were hoping.

And a tweet is considered crying now? It takes a sheer act of fantasy to make such a conclusion. A tweet is a tweet. They take moments to formulate (unless we're speaking of other politicians, who require an army of public relations experts to make one), and there is no indication of emotional state unless explicitly mentioned.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I know - right?

And these people have the temerity to call other people who complain about things snowflakes.

Well... from the 20th Jan there will be President Snowflake. Reactionary dumbed down America in 140 characters or less.
edit on 9/1/17 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Not sure why you came to the false conclusion that "you will not bother to read this single page or the videos provided" but that tells me a lot about your level of thinking.

However, I think you missed the point. I read the link and watched the videos. Who cares if some obscure website has an opposing view on what donny meant with his arm and face gesturing. The cat is out of the bad and donny did and has not tried in the very least to get it back in. It doesnt matter to my daughter who came home in tears that day or the kids who mocked her, what donny 'really' meant when he was waving his arms around.

The fact is that he was talking about an disabled individual and used arm and face gesturing to describe the individual and NEVER apologized to Kovaleski for the public's "misinterpretation" of his gesturing. More importantly, because of his silence, he has given a wink or green light that it is okay to mock people especially to young impressionable grade school kids.

I was raised in the catholic church. I went to catholic school for 12 years and by brother is a catholic priest in the Detroit area. When the Pope or any representative of the Vatican or the catholic church for that matter, defends donny's actions and behavior, ping me again but sending me a link to a website that is about as legitimate as infowars, is about as insulting as "2 Corinthians". Christianity has evolved over the years but mocking someone for any reason is not one of their tenets.

As far as "to find your heart again", I wish you could have looked into my daughter crying eyes that day and told her that you know the "real truth" on why the boys at school made fun of her. I'm sure she would have found "her heart"

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
To LesMisanthrope

I actually agree with you. Childish defensiveness does not constitute crying. But while I don't aim this at you specifically (as I don't know you), you cannot deny for one minute that there is a very vocal contingent on the right that spew the crybaby/libtard/snowflake narrative as if it was paying them per use.

Now I'll caveat this by saying that I don't consider these idiots any more representative of your side of the fence than I do the extremist SJW idiots on the other side representing the majority of liberals. Extremist morons on both sides poison the entire debate for the rest of us. Which is my point - the trolls are extremely quiet on this, and if the boot was on the other foot it would be LOL I'M DRINKING LIBERAL TEARS again. It's pathetic.

On the other note- yes, responding to every bit of criticism in the media with defensive tweets makes him thin skinned. 100%. A world leader should have far more important things to focus on than getting involved in Internet arguments. It's immature and a considerable weakness. Strength would be disregarding comments which don't matter, and getting on with running the country. Success as potus would be far more effective than saying things like 'YEAH WELL SHE'S OVER RATED' to one of the world's most successful actresses.

This is a huge huge weakness of his and it's distracting him from doing his job. I can't believe none of you are even remotely concerned about it. Questioning your leader makes you smart. Blind faith does not.
edit on 9-1-2017 by fencesitter85 because: Messed up the quote

edit on 9-1-2017 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRaxVirus
a reply to: antar

Not sure why you came to the false conclusion that "you will not bother to read this single page or the videos provided" but that tells me a lot about your level of thinking.

However, I think you missed the point. I read the link and watched the videos. Who cares if some obscure website has an opposing view on what donny meant with his arm and face gesturing. The cat is out of the bad and donny did and has not tried in the very least to get it back in. It doesnt matter to my daughter who came home in tears that day or the kids who mocked her, what donny 'really' meant when he was waving his arms around.

The fact is that he was talking about an disabled individual and used arm and face gesturing to describe the individual and NEVER apologized to Kovaleski for the public's "misinterpretation" of his gesturing. More importantly, because of his silence, he has given a wink or green light that it is okay to mock people especially to young impressionable grade school kids.

I was raised in the catholic church. I went to catholic school for 12 years and by brother is a catholic priest in the Detroit area. When the Pope or any representative of the Vatican or the catholic church for that matter, defends donny's actions and behavior, ping me again but sending me a link to a website that is about as legitimate as infowars, is about as insulting as "2 Corinthians". Christianity has evolved over the years but mocking someone for any reason is not one of their tenets.

As far as "to find your heart again", I wish you could have looked into my daughter crying eyes that day and told her that you know the "real truth" on why the boys at school made fun of her. I'm sure she would have found "her heart"

A responsible father would have told his daughter that is not what was meant, but you let your political bias get in the way and you propagated the fake news. Shame on you. You made your daughter not just a victim of nasty school boys but of the President Elect. Poor girl.
edit on 9/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hollywood was having a televised gathering of Hollywood awarding Hollywood what Hollywood liked about Hollywood. An actor involved in Hollywood spoke to others in Hollywood about what Hollywood thinks about everyone else.

And people are surprised?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Huh?

You are dumber than I first thought you were.

Again, you seem to have a comprehension problem. Who cares if it was fake news. She is 7 years old. I don't think it mattered nor would she would comprehend that it was real or fake. She has special needs, you idiot. She was traumatized because kids at school were mocking her.

The event occurred because donny couldn't find it in his heart to apologize to the american people that his actions were misconstrued or misinterpreted.

Lets all hope that you don't have any offspring.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join