It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meryl Streep's Golden Globe Trump Rant - Hollywood in the Spotlight

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
So, the USA has a Snowflake President who wails on Twitter every time he is criticised.

Its like one big reality TV show.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Tiger5
a reply to: carewemust

True! But I get alarmed by the obvious pettiness of the man. Surely emperor -- I mean POTUS in Waiting has better things to do like isolate America grabbing P+++Y etc!

What about the Economy?? Remember that?

I don't think he does this out of pettiness at all. Streep's putdown of the man Americans voted for, not to mention her putdown of mainstream America got a spotlight shone on it. Trump called her out in a few words....and Americans heard THAT! He spoke as much for them as he did himself.

I will probably still watch a good Streep movie, but already I have heard people saying they're not going to look at Streep movies ever again. She's had a great run in La-La Land, so I don't think it matters now to her at all. But, the point is...she didn't get away with insulting those that voted for the man.

Actually I believe that she spoke to those who did not vote for the Ugly man. Those that voted for him are still on honeymoon with him. Sad but true!

Should we all cower down when trump goes off at anyone as he has during an entire election campaign? Merly Streep is a strong woman which must terrify feeble men!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Kind of like this nimrod. Talk about an echo-chamber.

Yeah, imagine if he had done that at the Golden Globes. But he's more gracious than that:

He's a class act.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
What a truly awful and nasty woman, a disgrace not just to her profession but also her countrymen and women.
A condescending liar, operating and making millions in a profession ripe with discrimination, abuse, and nepotism.

Are you working on a GG for best melodramtic performance by a drama queen on an Internet forum?
edit on 2017-1-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

NO just validation to why i didnt vote for clinton

just add hollywood to the list of the groups im tired of preaching at me.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: UKTruth
What a truly awful and nasty woman, a disgrace not just to her profession but also her countrymen and women.
A condescending liar, operating and making millions in a profession ripe with discrimination, abuse, and nepotism.

Are you working on a GG for best melodramtic performance by a drama queen on an Internet forum?

You've locked that one up during the election, lol.
It does make me want to vomit, though, when a woman who so enthusiastically supports rapists and paedophiles feels it necessary to lecture us on Trump mocking a disabled person (which he didn't do anyway).

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I have much respect for Meryl Streep and I think she hit a lot of nerves and for that I am so glad.

She spoke the truth as she and many others see it.

She used the platform to talk to the American people as well as her peers.

She did a damn good job.

Thank you Op for sharing as without this share I wouldn't have seen nor heard such a great speech.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
2016 is on pace to be the worst year for movies—by tickets bought per U.S. adult—since before the 1920s. What’s going on?

Jose Cabezas / Reuters

Hollywood sees their relevance and adoration waning, and they're lashing back at Americans that are fed up with their hypocrisy and self-importance. They are nothing but actors. Big whoopy-do! But they love to call themselves "artists" and strut around like royalty.

Sports "actors" better be careful, too. We don't care what they think....just play the game we pay you to play. ESPN has lost 621,000 subscribers in November alone. There's no way to know for sure, but there has been a lot of talk that people are tired of the over-paid giant egos spouting bs and refusing to even stand for our national anthem.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
What's really disturbing is that we are about to have a president that cannot handle criticism and he has a cult following that calls people critical of him, bullies.

What's going to happen when foreign leaders start criticizing him?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
I have much respect for Meryl Streep and I think she hit a lot of nerves and for that I am so glad.

She spoke the truth as she and many others see it.

She used the platform to talk to the American people as well as her peers.

She did a damn good job.

Thank you Op for sharing as without this share I wouldn't have seen nor heard such a great speech.

Merryl Streep had to choke a lot of chicken to get where she is .!!! she deserves it ALLLLL!!!!!! ALL HAIL MARRY THE CHOKER OF CHICKENS.. what a joke gtfo

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Meryl Streep is a vapid hollywood quasi elitist snob who considers a hollywood moneyman, Harvey Weinsteen, to be her god. Some woman.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
ahh geez

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Is she heavily medicated or what.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

What's going to happen when foreign leaders start criticizing him?

Democracy will go where Democracy has never gone before.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Your president elect cant keep his grubby fingers off twitter whenever anybody dares to criticise him, and you're going mental because an actress expressed her politicals beliefs. You people are amazing.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Josephus

Meryl Streep is a vapid hollywood quasi elitist snob who considers a hollywood moneyman, Harvey Weinsteen, to be her god. Some woman.

The better Trump does as President, the more we'll hear of these Hollywood types suffering mental breakdowns, divorces, getting arrested, diagnosed with diseases, dying from weird causes, etc...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Two points.

Actors/Actresses, Poets, Writers, Musicians, Artists, Directors, Dancers etc use their god given abilities to say and show things way more elegantly and in a way most of us can't. We still quote Shakespeare and Poe and Twain. We need artistic people to say things like this. They have a responsibility to speak out when they have an opinion and big sounding board like She had. We don't have to listen to it but she should say it.

Secondly, Why do so many of you think that actors should shut up yet listen to people on the radio and TV and politicians that are clueless? Most politicians are Lawyers...or Rich kids (Like Trump) Why does what he say have more weight than an actor? Serious question.

I lied...three points. I find it funny that the same people that bash Meryl Streep for speaking out but will quote Kevin Sorbo or Mike Row. Why does one actor have more credibility than another? Is it just because they belong to your political party?

And one more point...Why does this have to be a left vs right thing. I'm independent and think both Hillary and Trump are Jerks. Just because Trump is a "Republican" and you are a Republican doesn't mean he should get a free pass on every thing he says from you. Same with Hillary and the Left.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

You people are amazing.

I love the fact that he twitters.
I love the fact that when someone PUBLICLY insults him and misrepresents him, he calls them out PUBLICLY.
Nobody's going mental over Streep's use of the public airwaves to chastise the man America voted for and his supporters....we're just expressing an opinion.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It looks like someone should start taking a bigger dose of Prozac.
Meryl I feel sorry for you that you feel the need to grandstand about your political dogmas when you should have been showing thanks and appreciation.
News flash Meryl!
No one cares that you support a murderous rape apologist!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join