It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meryl Streep's Golden Globe Trump Rant - Hollywood in the Spotlight

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
a reply to: LuXTeN

...Or ignore them? After all, according to you they are valueless, feted, spoiled Libtards...so why bother?

Actually, I didn't have anything better to do but to read this and shake my head at the stupid. But had I not read your post, I would have found something shiny to look at in a few minutes. Now you ruined my day. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Kind of like this nimrod. Talk about an echo-chamber.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

The script is already being written. All the libs are saying the same exact quote "trump supporters say actors shouldn't talk about politics, yet they voted for a game show host"

It's not a script. It's just that the cognitive dissonance of Trump supporters whining about "wealthy celebs" expressing political opinions could not be any more obvious.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I watched 10 minutes of it and it happened to be right before her speech. I was just so disgusted by it. I mean it was truly disgusting and pathetic. Not that I liked her as an actress anyways but I know her work is respected but I lost a lot of respect for her last night.

Instead of promoting us to unite and band together she does the opposite. To me it just showed how stupid and ignorant she is.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Kind of like this nimrod. Talk about an echo-chamber.

Yeah, imagine if he had done that at the Golden Globes. But he's more gracious than that:

edit on 9-1-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I don't think he would have had the guts. That punk wouldn't have felt lucky.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

It would take guts to deliver an RNC speech at the golden globes; not so much a DNC speech, however. What Meryl Streep spoke was orthodoxy.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Funny thing is that Steep is no more important than any member here and probably wouldn't be able to handle the T&C's anyway.

Let her rant to her own echo chamber.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Funny thing is that Steep is no more important than any member here and probably wouldn't be able to handle the T&C's anyway.

As in typical Trump style that we've come to expect.. his team fires back at Strep throat and Hollywood.

""Trump called Streep "one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood" in a tweet Monday morning calling her a "Hillary flunky who lost big.""

Full Story: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's how he always responds. The Hamilton play is overrated, SNL is overrated, Streep is overrated. Anyone who speaks out against his treatment of others or his policies gets the "overrated" comeback.

How unoriginal.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I stand by what I said about the inappropriate (for the event) remarks by Ms. Streep.

However, having said that, I really wish somebody - ANYBODY - who The Donald would respect and listen to would advise him to STOP WITH THE TWITTER CRAP.

Seriously.

Let it go, Mr. Trump. You're going to be pilloried, lambasted, libeled, scorned, denigrated, reviled, and have monkey poo flung at you until (and probably for years to come after) you leave office.

Please, for heaven's sake, try to rise to the level of the office to which you've been elected. You are no longer running a reality show. Stop tweeting.......it just continues to make you look like an a$$hole and an idiot.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy

I stand by what I said about the inappropriate (for the event) remarks by Ms. Streep.

However, having said that, I really wish somebody - ANYBODY - who The Donald would respect and listen to would advise him to STOP WITH THE TWITTER CRAP.

Seriously.

Let it go, Mr. Trump. You're going to be pilloried, lambasted, libeled, scorned, denigrated, reviled, and have monkey poo flung at you until (and probably for years to come after) you leave office.

Please, for heaven's sake, try to rise to the level of the office to which you've been elected. You are no longer running a reality show. Stop tweeting.......it just continues to make you look like an a$$hole and an idiot.

Can I get an AMEN?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DBCowboy

As in typical Trump style that we've come to expect.. his team fires back at Strep throat and Hollywood.

""Trump called Streep "one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood" in a tweet Monday morning calling her a "Hillary flunky who lost big.""

Full Story: www.foxnews.com...

And all is right in the world.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Can't speak of Hamilton or Meryl Streep, but if he said that about SNL, it's only a half truth: it alternates between awful and overrated.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

That's how he always responds. The Hamilton play is overrated, SNL is overrated, Streep is overrated. Anyone who speaks out against his treatment of others or his policies gets the "overrated" comeback.

How unoriginal.

the fact that trump doesn't even get the irony of what he said, considering his "apprentice" TV acting career, is downright scary. it's takes critical-thinking skills and self- awareness to be POTUS....it also shows he has no problem with keeping the nation divided...why would I say that?...he should have "tweeted"..."congratulations to the all the winners and nominees"......that would have been the end of it, and would show to the country that he has bigger things to worry about, than something said at a Hollywood award show......

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
She probably agreed to say something negative about Trump at the GGs in order to get invited to the Big Finale Party at the White House.

That's how these people roll. The press, Hollywood, politicians, all kiss a** to get "seen" at the big affairs. I'm sure she's no different, even though she acts like she's just an average gal.

Streep is also fond of the Obamas as well, and was one of the few guests who made the cut for the couple's final White House party on Friday night.

The actress was so intent on attending that she flew to Washington DC from Los Angeles just after Carrie Fisher's memorial on Thursday afternoon to attend the event.

"Yes, yes! I promise I'll put Trump down in front of millions of people", she says, as she thanks the outgoing POTUS and FLOTUS for the Big Invitation to attend their Friday night farewell party.

She actually thinks most Americans not living on the Left Coast only want to watch football and martial arts!!? She actually thinks we don't visit museums, symphonies, art galleries, plays, and even appreciate a good movie. These idiots really don't know America at all!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

True! But I get alarmed by the obvious pettiness of the man. Surely emperor -- I mean POTUS in Waiting has better things to do like isolate America grabbing P+++Y etc!

What about the Economy?? Remember that?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

give it a rest sparky....it was a Hollywood award show, where an actress in an acceptance speech, who has been a democrat for much of her life, said she didn't like trump....and yet trump, for 15 months, was publicly calling out every day on TV or twitter, that Hillary was a crook and a liar....the trump voters are the idiots that don't know America at all...and don't give me this "home-grown heartland of America" BS about how moral and ethical they are.....there are plenty of those people in the "fly-over" states, that will sell their own mother if it would make them money.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5

True! But I get alarmed by the obvious pettiness of the man. Surely emperor -- I mean POTUS in Waiting has better things to do like isolate America grabbing P+++Y etc!

What about the Economy?? Remember that?

I don't think he does this out of pettiness at all. Streep's putdown of the man Americans voted for, not to mention her putdown of mainstream America got a spotlight shone on it. Trump called her out in a few words....and Americans heard THAT! He spoke as much for them as he did himself.

I will probably still watch a good Streep movie, but already I have heard people saying they're not going to look at Streep movies ever again. She's had a great run in La-La Land, so I don't think it matters now to her at all. But, the point is...she didn't get away with insulting those that voted for the man.
edit on 9-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What a truly awful and nasty woman, a disgrace not just to her profession but also her countrymen and women.
A condescending liar, operating and making millions in a profession ripe with discrimination, abuse, and nepotism.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join