It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meryl Streep's Golden Globe Trump Rant - Hollywood in the Spotlight

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
After reading all this, I cant help but wonder what Kathryn Hepburn would have had to say about all this. She was quite the out spoken rebel of her time. I only mention this since we are talking Hollywood celebrities.

Now if I recall correctly, didn't Clint Eastwood have a moment of his own with a chair not too long ago?

I don't think they have killed it yet, but yes, we are all still entitled to our free speech and our own opinions. We ourselves voice them here everyday. Our microphones are the power of the print of our words...
edit on 1/9/17 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman

Now if I recall correctly, didn't Clint Eastwood have a moment of his own with a chair not too long ago?

Yes he did, and if I remember correctly, the right didn't fault him for that at all. As a matter of fact, I remember many here on ATS praising him for it.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yes that time it was the left having a fit. I guess that makes the board balanced now. People and their opinions are always going to create more opinions. And the wheels go round and round....

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Funny, but Trump is also part of Hollywood, they promoted him with tv shows and all, lol!!!!!!!!

Eat it Lollywood!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I love when Hollywood people think they are relevant.
The funny thing,is that politicians and actors/actresses do the same thing....they pretend to be people they are not for money.
Bunch of phonies.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
I always thought it a sad reflection on western society that some of its highest paid individuals are people that pretend to be something they are not, a trend which often flows on into their real lives

I wish people like yourself would stop painting all Actors with the same brush.

link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

True, very true, they are not part of the common people..

link   
F.A.G

Sean Penn's bit is the best
edit on 9-1-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
I love when Hollywood people think they are relevant.
The funny thing,is that politicians and actors/actresses do the same thing....they pretend to be people they are not for money.
Bunch of phonies.

Really? I like films and plays. have you heard of Regan or Eastwood??

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I don't see what your problem is OP??

Meryl gave a great speech there..

What's wrong with her sticking up for disabled people who can't stick up for themselves?

What's wrong "diversity" in entertainment?

She did begin to cry... so what? That was genuine from her heart!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
How dares that clueless libtard Meryl bad-mouth ze great pumpkin !!
Doesn't she know that only actors qualified to talk about politics are James Woods and Clint Eastwood?!
Bejesus

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

Clint Eastwood??
Of course I have heard of him....I am not much a fan of movies though,still never seen Star Wars or most blockbusters or other movies people tell me "I gotta see"
As for the other dude...never heard of him.

I watched celebrity apprentice yesterday and I only knew one or 2 of them....the rest were just weirdos with personality problems,which is why I am happy I had no clue who they were.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

It's all cringe-worthy virtue-signalling by limousine liberals. There is nothing brave nor bold about what she said, especially when it was done in front of a fawning echo-chamber.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The more these Hollywood suck-ups use their platforms to try and cram their view points down their audience's
throats...the more their audiences start to turn away .....they don't get the fact that they only end up harming their own
box office desirability........After a while the audience starts to have a instant, negative, knee jerk reaction by associating their rhetoric with their movies.... Tom Cruise ANYONE ???...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

You just hit the nail on the head for all of our issues. I'm sure Trump who has a background in making profits will make this better for all of us

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Meryl is a great acting talent...no doubt about it. She has been able to transform herself into amazing characters. Last night, however, she metamorphed into the 2017 version of Sasheen Littlefeather.

She was being given one of Hollywood's most prestigious awards.

Did she graciously accept the award? Did she thank the many writers who created the wonderful stories and characters she played? Did she thank her numerous directors and co-stars for helping her bring the characters to life? The make up artists and costume designers who helped her transform herself? The thousands of technical crew members who assisted in bringing her films to the screen? Her legions of fans (many of whom *GASP* may have voted for the new president), without whom she would probably be a frustrated New Jersey housewife?

NO.

She used that time to take political pot-shots at a man she disliked and didn't vote for about an alleged incident that happened over a year ago.

Did she also condemn the more recent attack on the special needs boy that happened last week??

NO.

(And there's really no need to ask why, just look at her audience last night.)

Did she also condemn the Liberal Left's Poster Girl, Hillary, for accepting millions of dollars in donations to her foundation from countries who have repressed and oppressed women for centuries, whose governments condone the stoning deaths of women who have been raped or who commit adultery?

NO.

I admire Ms. Streep's acting abilities. I've enjoyed many of her movies. She is an American citizen with the right to express her views. I don't admire her for doing it last night. It was inappropriate, and a slap in the face to the Hollywood Foreign Press who bestowed the honor and a slap in the face to the industry who she represents and the fans who she owes her livelihood to.

Shame on you, Meryl. Next time just graciously accept your stupid award, thank everybody and then shut up.
edit on 9-1-2017 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2017 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Yes he did, and if I remember correctly, the right didn't fault him for that at all. As a matter of fact, I remember many here on ATS praising him for it.
Correct ! and did Obama jump on Twitter to make an arse out of himself because some actor voiced his opinion. No

Tweety McThinskin needs to quit acting like the baby manchild he is and quit making whiny twitter posts. But then again it is nice to be able to go back and read all of the unintentionally hysterical things he comes up with. Sad! Loser!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
That was absolutely disgusting.

The stage needs to be pulled away from these whining liberals, nobody wants to see them fake crying onstage so they can get hired by liberal studio execs. That was no different than forcing the public to watch those harlots get on their knees in some filthy backroom blowing their way to get parts in films.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
so many hurt feelings after that speech.

i love it.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

The awkward chair moment turned out to be prophetic. Hope and change was as empty as that chair. Obama was anti American through and through. When The Donald gets up and combs his hair in the morning he does more for America than Obama ever pretended he was going to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join