It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meryl Streep's Golden Globe Trump Rant - Hollywood in the Spotlight

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

originally posted by: antar
OMG. Shes lost her marbles!

Clinton's historic loss drove her insane. She's not well.

And your source for this?

Meryl Streep. She said as much herself.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The irony of all this is that Hollywood is one of the biggest promoters of violence and hate on the planet. Where do they think a large portion of society has learned their deviant behavior? We see violence and hate promoted through TV, Movies, Video games, Music, MSM and the companies that are attached to these industries, but, yet in the same breath they want you to go hug a tree while singing kumbaya. The hypocrisy and lack of responsibility in Hollywood is of such a large proportion, that it goes unnoticed,It's the elephant in the room.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Yes in 1000 years time I wonder how they will analyse a society that recorded mental illness for entertainment and posterity

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Clinton is alleged to have shouted something like "get the f'ing retards out of here" (loud enough that everyone could hear) in regards to a group of handicapped children who in her view were taking too long during the Easter Egg hunt at the Governors Mansion in Arkensas..

just say'n.

It's always bad, and Trump just got carried away and made a mistake. I don't think there was intended malice in it.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

That the Flynn Effect has hit an apex and is rocketing in the other direction.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Yeah! Rich celebrities shouldn't be involved in politics! What's next? Some rich reality TV personality will be elected President? Pffft!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Always makes me laugh when people say "oh she's an actress she should stick to acting and quit voicing her political views" but have no problem spewing theirs.

So does that mean if your job is anything other than political does that mean you should also shut it?
If not, why does your opinion matter more than hers?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

The script is already being written. All the libs are saying the same exact quote "trump supporters say actors shouldn't talk about politics, yet they voted for a game show host"

Lol, this is hilarious! Keep it coming, it's like watching evil manifesting and being exposed to the light!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

True! Meryl Street is a liberal. Liberals are inclusive, and true to do the right thing socially. She also has a democratic right to make comments as she feels fit. Trump is anti liberal delights in being rude and anti women because he places them on pedestals that he does not put himself on.

As an aside anyone who looks like they swapped faces with a pig has no right insulting anyone but that is my opinion. Still come the inauguration Emperor Trump can behead her!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Just witnessed Meryl there, forgetting that she is a liberal (she has to be something I guess), she did make a couple of good points, and it was important to mention protection of journalists

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Why would you fear that? I mean, why fear anything you have no control over. We all die eventually and succumb to nothingness.

There is another saying as well.

There's nothing to fear but fear itself.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

Thank god we have you to keep an eye on Meryl Streep for us. You will let us know when it's time to call in the Authorities, correct?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Im sorry, but Im like Max...I mean Mel Gibson.....What the Hell !! was she going on about???

Anyone would think a Dingo had just taken her baby or something.

Mumma Mia........Oi Vey...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

Sounds like he's still in denial to me, are you?

Of course he's "in denial", because he's denying doing it. Quite rightly, too.

He has said that he wished he didn't do it, but that was accepting that it was easily misinterpreted, not accepting that it was done with any intention of targeting a specific person.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

A swing and a miss...good cut, though.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Clinton's historic loss drove her insane. She's not well.

She's being hailed as a hero right now in many circles, and Trump's twitter is being bombarded to try to provoke him into

Trump made a mistake, and he'd take it back if he could.

It's merciless, her position, without mercy.

It's unChristian.

Trump made a mistake???? Which one was that? Did I miss something. Why are Emperor Trump's subjects such crybabies? He won via bruising and vulgar tactics now he is one the receiving end and his supporters are crying foul. Trump used his platform to win. Fair paly now kindly let others use their platforms!

As her being unchristian? Which Xtianity are you referring to? The one that justified Slavery or the one that ended it? The one that Sided with Hitler or the Russian Orthodox church. The one that turned a blind eye to paedophilia or the one that campaigns against it. You sentence makes no sense to me!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

That was my practice run, next time I won't miss.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The Golden Globes are weird they're put on by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association which is a group of like 90 journalists and photographers affiliated with the film industry. They give awards for television and movies.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Actually she said she lost her voice..than proceeded with a 15 minuit political lamentation of DT..

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

They're actors. Not politicians.

Note the reaction of the audience.

What if it's not reality, what if it's just a presumption that's rooted in self righteous judgementalism and condemnation?

What kind of world are people like Streep trying to paint?

Don't we all want what's best?

It is not the end of the world but Trump has made clear indication as to what the post inauguration USA will look like. It is OK as Meryl said to be racist and attack women and the disable by the future POTUS so every creep and Goon will follow the Trump way!!!

As for Actors getting into to politics have you ever heard or Ronald Regan??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join