It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meryl Streep's Golden Globe Trump Rant - Hollywood in the Spotlight

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Funny how everyone considers the billionaire who became president. . . stupid.

I guess everyone who thinks that is a trillionaire and is a galactic emperor.

I'm a quadrillionaire, have an i.q. of 32,695 and I'm Emperor of the Universe.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Junkheap

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Funny how everyone considers the billionaire who became president. . . stupid.

I guess everyone who thinks that is a trillionaire and is a galactic emperor.

I'm a quadrillionaire, have an i.q. of 32,695 and I'm Emperor of the Universe.

I should have said, "everyone except you."

Apologies.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
So.

A celebrity gives her opinion on a politician, and his views.

Snowflake President elect goes on twitter, and wails about it.

What follows is instant condemnation of everything Hollywood from his supporters.

Last time I checked (which is easy to do, because we have a search function here), most of you have spent the past eight years absolutely ripping the crap out of Obama, and not one of you thought there was a problem with that at all.

So suck it up. Some people don't like Trump. This one happened to have a camera in front of her and a microphone.

And guess what - their opinion is just as valid as yours was/is/has been about Obama.

Live with it.

Quoted to keep it visible. The hypocrisy is staggering. Trump is the definition of a snowflake. Toys leave the pram the instant anyone calls him a mean name. He's about as thin skinned as you can get.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

Trump made a mistake, and he'd take it back if he could.

Mark Dice Debunks Meryl's claims. What Donald did was simply a nervous quirk. What happened was actually a coincidence. So why should he take it back when it was a nervous tick? Watch this:

edit on th2017000000Tuesdayth000000Tue, 10 Jan 2017 18:58:36 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoTue, 10 Jan 2017 18:58:36 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

Mark Dice Debunks Meryl's claims. What Donald did was simply a nervous quirk. What happened was actually a coincidence. So why should he take it back when it was a nervous tick? Watch this:

You CAN'T be serious. Watch the video of trump. He is blatantly, 100% taking the piss. Why can't you just accept it? It doesn't make you weak to question your leadership. You can say you support him while also acknowledging that he screwed up. I'm genuinely fearful of all this blind faith now. What good is it having a leader who won't be questioned on anything by his followers? How insecure are you that you can't question a single thing he does objectively?
edit on 11-1-2017 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Meryl streeps Golden Shower

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

No, I am not a DT supporter. To me he is an illuminati Jesuit. (But I hope I am wrong.) However, I am also fair in my observations. Despite my views on him, im not gonna character assassinate him based on falseness and propaganda. Proof shows what he did was actually a quirk. We all have them.

Meryl was simply triggered by her imagination. She sees what she wants to see... Just saying.

quirk
kwərk/Submit
noun
a peculiar behavioral habit.
"his distaste for travel is an endearing quirk"
synonyms: idiosyncrasy, peculiarity, oddity, eccentricity, foible, whim, vagary, caprice, fancy, crotchet, habit, characteristic, trait, fad; informalhang-up
"they all know his quirks"

edit on th2017000000Wednesdayth000000Wed, 11 Jan 2017 09:52:16 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoWed, 11 Jan 2017 09:52:16 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I completely agree, just because they literally play make believe for a living doesn't make their opinions any more valid than yours or mine. That being said it does give them a closer likeness to politicians than us! But seriously anyone that listens to anyone from Hollywood for political guidance is hilarious.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Why do I Always doubt actors when they are speaking and becoming emotional about a sensitive subject.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Actors today are beyond spoiled brats and they make more fame and money off of it.They do not even go there to represent movies anymore it is such a mess.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
People in Hollywood think they're more important than they actually are. When the planes took out the WTC on 9/11/2001, folks in Hollywood thought they were the next target since they are so influential.

Sure they are.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

You CAN'T be serious. Watch the video of trump. He is blatantly, 100% taking the piss. Why can't you just accept it? It doesn't make you weak to question your leadership. You can say you support him while also acknowledging that he screwed up. I'm genuinely fearful of all this blind faith now. What good is it having a leader who won't be questioned on anything by his followers? How insecure are you that you can't question a single thing he does objectively?

Its a case of defending people against the onslaught of false associations so loved by the left.
You could genuinely say that Trump looks like a moron when he gestures the way he does to convey confusion or back tracking. That would be reasonable and I doubt there would be anyone who would say otherwise.
Saying "Trump mocked disabled people" is a liberal lie in the same way that him calling Rosie O'Donnell ugly or Megyn Kelly a witch or Meryl Streep over rated is NOT an attack on women.

You could even argue reasonably that "Trump mocked a disabled person". He did. He mocked a disabled person for back tracking on his story. He did not mock him for being disabled.

This argument will go back and forth, but rest assured associating criticism of a person to an entire group in order to demonize is now very boring and just not accepted so easily. Thankfully.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Its a case of defending people against the onslaught of false associations so loved by the left.
You could genuinely say that Trump looks like a moron when he gestures the way he does to convey confusion or back tracking. That would be reasonable and I doubt there would be anyone who would say otherwise.
Saying "Trump mocked disabled people" is a liberal lie in the same way that him calling Rosie O'Donnell ugly or Megyn Kelly a witch or Meryl Streep over rated is NOT an attack on women.

You could even argue reasonably that "Trump mocked a disabled person". He did. He mocked a disabled person for back tracking on his story. He did not mock him for being disabled.

This argument will go back and forth, but rest assured associating criticism of a person to an entire group in order to demonize is now very boring and just not accepted so easily. Thankfully.

I disagree with the premise that saying Trump mocked the disabled guy is a liberal lie. I'm independent with some heavy "conservative" Beliefs such as less taxes, smaller government, the right to bear arms and I love the constitution...having said all that....

I've watched several videos of that incident, including videos claiming to "debunk' that. I've read several articles. And from all of that I've formed my opinion. I've seen trump do that similar thing, but he actually mocked that disabled guy.

You've got to stop defending it. Trump is a Jerk and that's the bottom line. maybe we need a jerk like that in the white house to shake things up...I can't argue that. He is a little bit of an outsider and unplanned.

But...He is a jerk...or an @***le. I wouldn't let him in my house. I wouldn't let my wife within ten feet of him and if he said some of the stuff he's been quoted as saying to my wife or any of my female friends and family...he would probably get punched. Don't defend his character. You can't.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I disagree with the premise that saying Trump mocked the disabled guy is a liberal lie. I'm independent with some heavy "conservative" Beliefs such as less taxes, smaller government, the right to bear arms and I love the constitution...having said all that....

I've watched several videos of that incident, including videos claiming to "debunk' that. I've read several articles. And from all of that I've formed my opinion. I've seen trump do that similar thing, but he actually mocked that disabled guy.

You've got to stop defending it. Trump is a Jerk and that's the bottom line. maybe we need a jerk like that in the white house to shake things up...I can't argue that. He is a little bit of an outsider and unplanned.

But...He is a jerk...or an @***le. I wouldn't let him in my house. I wouldn't let my wife within ten feet of him and if he said some of the stuff he's been quoted as saying to my wife or any of my female friends and family...he would probably get punched. Don't defend his character. You can't.

I don't have to stop doing anything. I reject the notion completely having seen all the evidence. The fact you have fallen for a liberal lie doesn't make it any different to exactly that. So far I have seen nothing in his character that is upsetting. You are welcome to dislike his character. We all make our own judgements.
edit on 11/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I don't have to stop doing anything. I reject the notion completely having seen all the evidence. The fact you have fallen for a liberal lie doesn't make it any different to exactly that. So far I have seen nothing in his character that is upsetting. You are welcome to dislike his character. We all make our own judgements.

I guess we all have our own confirmation bias. I use the backyard BBQ party test. Would I invite Trjmp if he wasn't famous or the president...if he was my neighbor to my backyard BBQ? The answer is no. Then I have to ask myself if I want someone like that to be president. The answer is no again. I understand the "other" choice was Clinton, so I can't fault anyone for voting for Trump...I voted third party so I could tell me kids I didn't vote for either of these two scum.

He mocks disabled people. He doesn't pay bills. He's an unethical businessman. He was born rich like Paris Hilton. The things he says about women. He's not a nice guy. All of that stuff is readily available to look up on the internet.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

But if he makes the right choices as POTUS and helps usher us into a safer and more prosperous world, then...?

Doesn't mean he has to be the type of guy you'd invite over to a Barbeque while telling your wife not to wear a short skirt (maybe a pantsuit).

I get what you're saying, and he is a bit of a dick and a bit of a clownish buffoon at times, and his use of twitter makes him appear to be in high school.

But again, he's not likely to fill ten superdomes with dead bodies like the last two administrations and set the ME on fire (fingers crossed).

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
This woman is a well-respected actress and is almost a household name. She was speaking with her peers and fellow artistes. She spoke her truth. Does Trump want to shut down all dissent? This is America, not Russia

<< 9  10  11   >>

join