It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meryl Streep's Golden Globe Trump Rant - Hollywood in the Spotlight

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
Your thoughts?

Trump tweeted because 140 characters is the limit of his intellect (and even then he can't spell correctly DUH!!!) and the US electorate (well less than the majority in actual fact) voted him as president......OMG!

His spelling is excellent. I'm sure if you look hard enough you may find a typo, but, in general, his spelling skills are superb. As for the electorate, many of the same ones that voted Obama in voted Donald Trump in.

Look it up. His IQ is on the genius level....really. He is actually smarter than the average president. That's not surprising considering his family tree.

Did they have anyone else that was a better candidate?

I really don't remember.

Panderers, condescending dummy ideologues got smoked early.

Who can deny Hollywood is a pandering condescending industry with generous sides of ideology?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think the more important issue, if she wanted to raise one, would be child pedophilia and satanism in Hollywood.

She knows about it, guaranteed.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This pretty much sums it up.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I have to admit that I loved her stained glass top. It was very beautiful.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
There is nothing that she said was wrong.

My take on this is that generally, right wingers are self-destructive people that either have some kind of mommy or daddy issues in their lives. Because they are generally miserable people, they are toxic to the sane part of their families and friends.

The rest of the "liberals" either had better up bringing, or they came from a bad up bringing but realized that their right wing parents had horrible habits and beliefs so they left that life.

Regardless, liberals generally don't care about how right wingers live their lives. If you choose to smoke and drink all day, you will reap the consequences of such a life. The issue is this, when your reckless/ignorant behavior starts to impact other people, the left will speak up and do something about it.

It's like, if right wingers want to be suicidal and take their own lives, do what you must to end your misery. But if you are going "jihad" and want to take down the rest of society, people will do what it takes to stop that from happening.

What Meryl Streep said is an act to stop the right wing jihad that Trump is about deploy on this country.

originally posted by: Konduit
This pretty much sums it up.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Your thoughts?

Trump tweeted because 140 characters is the limit of his intellect (and even then he can't spell correctly DUH!!!) and the US electorate (well less than the majority in actual fact) voted him as president......OMG!

Look it up. His IQ is on the genius level....really. He is actually smarter than the average president. That's not surprising considering his family tree.

I did look it up, and according to Snopes...

www.snopes.com...

While Donald Trump's true intelligence quotient is unknown, the article published by BeforeItsNews.com certainly does not show that it is 156 — or any other score.

Most of the other sites I checked went with this imaginary score. Of course a lot of conservatives love to deny the fact checking of snopes.
edit on 10-1-2017 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Yeah it probably cost the equivalent of an everage 9-5 guys yearly salery or wages....so she could wear it once for 5 hours.... At a sychophantic back slapping party for elitists.
Yep thats a person who can empathise and dictate to the average american😕

Meanehile what about all the people like me that was screwed out of an hour of our time sitting in traffic cause these head up their ass professional posers and well paid wannabes wanted to shut down one of the largest throughfares in one of the country's largest cities during rush hour....so they can have a ass kissing party with their equally divorced from reality friends.

Mrs streep you wanna go to bat for us americans? Great! You can start by writing me and the other 10s of thousands of people you F'd over yesterday with your stupid pretentious party individual checks compensating us for our lost time and potential economic damages that you and your ilk running the modern bread and circus caused. Then you can go back to being a nitwit who gives standing ovations for a pedophile rapist cowardly ducking the FBI and law enforcement for crimes commited by hiding out in france.
edit on 10-1-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Your thoughts?

His spelling is excellent. I'm sure if you look hard enough you may find a typo, but, in general, his spelling skills are superb. As for the electorate, many of the same ones that voted Obama in voted Donald Trump in.

LOL! He's not even smarter than the average bear. Genius level xD funniest thing I've read from you lot so far.

His basic written skills are just that - basic. He reposts tweets all the time because he regularly makes stupid and basic mistakes.
edit on 10-1-2017 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

I can't tell if serious or trolling.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Funny how everyone considers the billionaire who became president. . . stupid.

I guess everyone who thinks that is a trillionaire and is a galactic emperor.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I think i know what your getting and I agree but the problem is that anyone who is famous is a somebody and because ''somebodies' are famous they are also authoritative, somebody to be listened to.

its the same everywhere. Remember Ronnie Raygun?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

I think i know what your getting and I agree but the problem is that anyone who is famous is a somebody and because ''somebodies' are famous they are also authoritative, somebody to be listened to.

its the same everywhere. Remember Ronnie Raygun?

Raygun!! Some of thee people cannot even remember some of Mr Ugly's most boorish comments of the last few years!!!! Some people cannot even remember the sad demented Mr Eastwood ( who was a great director and actor).

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I did not know ATS was such a hotbed of Communism! All of this anti- elitism posturing is ill advised. There will always be people at the top of their game. If some people choose to get together to denounce someone else that is their democratic right.

Meryl Streep can speak amongst her actors as she has more Oscars than most and has consistently chosen good firms to act well in.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5
I did not know ATS was such a hotbed of Communism! All of this anti- elitism posturing is ill advised. There will always be people at the top of their game. If some people choose to get together to denounce someone else that is their democratic right.

Meryl Streep can speak amongst her actors as she has more Oscars than most and has consistently chosen good firms to act well in.

apart from your comments about commie-sim I have no issues with anything else you've said in fact I don't see the point of saying as I would have thought as it goes without saying. My point was "would Meryls comments have got into the media if she was a nobody noone had ever heard of her?

Do your comments on anything get reported on TV?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Funny how everyone considers the billionaire who became president. . . stupid.

I guess everyone who thinks that is a trillionaire and is a galactic emperor.

You speak as if he's self made... the guy was born into more wealth than he could ever spend. So it's not a huge achievement that he's managed to make some money from owning property in NY. Let's just get that one covered.

And he became president for the same reason brexit won - people want change. The alternative was maintaining the status quo, so a lot of people have gambled and hoped for the best. Add to that the people mobilised by more controversial views (building a wall etc) and the numbers swung marginally in the other direction.

His winning is nothing to do with him being a genius. He's an insecure and mildly successful person who STILL won't release his taxes. Why doesn't that concern you?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

We are doing what free speech allows us to do, to criticize (or making fun) of what others say, or just because she is attacking Trump, we automaticaly can't criticize what she says, out of fear of being called Partisans? free speech goes more than one way!

I dont think she is over-rated, she is a hard working actress that deserves all the credit she gets.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

About that time, when Trump gets Darth Vader suit, and suits up. That movie's gonna rock!
edit on 10-1-17 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRaxVirus

Kids will always be cruel, if President Trump had not been born then who would you have to blame? Teach your daughter coping skills and not to be a victim of bullies. You are using her to justify your point. You have villified a situation that could have been used to strengthen her not create a weakness. I am no stranger to special needs children, I advocate quite well when needed but at the end of the day I teach and nurture strengths and ability .

Edit to say you did not read the page or watch the videos, you know it and so do I. Lets discuss that and not your predisposed plan to banter and fight over our different perspectives on the incoming President, the media and the DNCs spin on a situation that only serves to continue the massive divide that is killing Police, endangering the very fabric our our life in America. You should be concerned about your daughter living in a world where little Christian girls are beheaded for their Catholic faith and raped by scores of Islamic Terrorist camps until dead. That is why I voted for President Trump, someone needs to protect our country form the same takeover that is destroying Europe and causing catastrophic changes to cultures like ours.
edit on am131amTue, 10 Jan 2017 07:40:34 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

edit on am131amTue, 10 Jan 2017 08:59:31 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

His winning is nothing to do with him being a genius. He's an insecure and mildly successful person who STILL won't release his taxes. Why doesn't that concern you?

Okay, so now you're a doctor as well and can psychoanalyze. Great!

As for taxes, I hope he paid none and it's none of my business what someone makes.

Nice that you caveated that he is "mildly successful".

Being a billionaire, mildly successful.

I guess becoming the head carny for the Tilt-A-Whirl is really successful?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

you really should check out his page.

here you go.

www.donaldjtrump.com...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join